Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 16-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Master
When people 'read' each other

There has been a lot of urban-legend type speculation about this supposed power over the years, the ability to 'read' other people, esp. the opposite sex, and come to certain conclusions about them (even or should I say especially if said impressions run at a subconscious level). One example that's been bandied about would be 'gaydar', but supposedly someone who is a 'player' can tell whether someone else is, too. In another thread recently in the SC subforum someone said that other people can detect whether your heart chakra (or whatever you want to call it) is 'full' from your being in love and in a relationship with someone else, and thus don't approach you.

Does this kind of thing jibe with your experiences? Me, I think I am a reasonably-good-looking guy, but I've very rarely had women approach me (something that hasn't changed after I lost 60 pounds and got my BMI under 25), even tho other males will often describe such encounters as being very common for them (what universe are they living in, again?). Then again I am as quirky and offbeat as they come, and a close friend once said that people detect how 'off' from the norm I am (something I don't dispute) and avoid me for that reason.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 16-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Knower
This 'supposed power' is simply intuition, and has been in operation for much longer than urban-legend. People respond to much more than just body language and good-looks - everyone has a vibration or frequency which they operate at. For instance my approachability changes when my vibration changes...when I am ready - truly ready - for someone or an experience, then it happens.

Thusly the cliche-ish notion of being happy and love finding you. Not looking for it and it just happens. It's all about vibration. So in your case (and please don't take this personally) you may want to re-examine your approachability vibration. Are you unconditionally receptive to others? Or are you finding that you're shutting them out? This has nothing about being the 'norm'...you can still be you and find love.

Just a thought.
Old 18-03-2014, 03:43 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elessar
There has been a lot of urban-legend type speculation about this supposed power over the years, the ability to 'read' other people, esp. the opposite sex, and come to certain conclusions about them (even or should I say especially if said impressions run at a subconscious level). One example that's been bandied about would be 'gaydar', but supposedly someone who is a 'player' can tell whether someone else is, too. In another thread recently in the SC subforum someone said that other people can detect whether your heart chakra (or whatever you want to call it) is 'full' from your being in love and in a relationship with someone else, and thus don't approach you.

Does this kind of thing jibe with your experiences? Me, I think I am a reasonably-good-looking guy, but I've very rarely had women approach me (something that hasn't changed after I lost 60 pounds and got my BMI under 25), even tho other males will often describe such encounters as being very common for them (what universe are they living in, again?). Then again I am as quirky and offbeat as they come, and a close friend once said that people detect how 'off' from the norm I am (something I don't dispute) and avoid me for that reason.

Clarification (since I posted about heart chakra being full):
The heart chakra being occupied by another energy besides your own energy does not mean that it involves love based on human emotions.
It is an energy connection and energy occupation.
The cause of this is not the human emotions.
People can overlay human emotions onto it after they become aware of it. However, it is not about being in love.
Plus, not everyone experiences something like this. This is somewhat rare cases.

About your issues regarding attracting opposite sex and getting into a normal relationship situation:
You and your situation are what your soul decided to experience and pre-programmed before the incarnation.

Souls decide to experience the type of physical life that they want to learn from , before each incarnation.
Solitary life without the burden of family is probably what your soul wants to experience in this incarnation.
Perhaps in your past life, you soul may already experienced a family man's life with many sacrifices.

Nonetheless,
If you are not happy with how your relationship situation is, you can get some conventional relationship coaching.
Do not wait around for a woman to approach you.
You need to approach them first.
Obviously waiting around is not working, as you already have experienced.

Maybe it is a self esteem issue or fear of rejection?
If this is the case, you have to overcome these issues if you want to change your situation.
Old 21-03-2014, 03:57 AM
TwilightSparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elessar

You said you were heavy, you've also said that you're 'quirky' and 'offbeat' and you're also expecting a woman to come and talk to you. Not the other way around.

My guess is that women pick up on your nervousness or lack of confidence on your part. Sometimes it's not even energy at all but simple body language. Take me for example, I'm very animated and friendly and most males assume that I'm flirting with them simply based on my behavior. I'm actually asexual so I have NO interest in romance so I know I'm not giving off any vibes but they still take it that way.

Try to take note of how you conduct yourself around women - things like posture, where you prefer to stand in a crowded place, if you make eye contact, what kinds of looks you give people, etc. And see if there are things that make you seem like you lack confidence.

All of us fall back into our primal instincts. A confidant woman wants a dominant and confident male - a shy or timid woman will look for a shy or timid male because he makes her feel more comfortable. If you want the confidant woman, that will walk up to you then you need to exude confidence. If you prefer to the shy type then you need to be willing to find and approach her not the other way around.