Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 21-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Master
MOTHERWORT, wonderful for healing the heart

I've been taking this for a week. It's a wonderful herb and I'lll put up a link about it. Spiritually it's healing my heart chakra. Last month I went to the ER for a high heart rate of 200 per minute. I now realize it was issues that I've not dealt with. My dreams after I take motherwort tincture are intense and freeing. I'm dreaming of old abusive boyfriends and it's great, I'm letting go. I truly belive this is the herb of women and I will give a great link about this herb. If you are having issues with your heart chakra do this please. Please take motherwort. I take it before I go to sleep and anytime I wake up and oh my it's making me resolve issues I need to resolve
They say the heart has memories of what we are living through and I belive that. I have mitrla valve prelapse and people with that condition are usually anxious and most spritual people would say because of issues that weren't dealt with by the parents in the correct way.
Please read this link. It's also a wonderful herb for men.
But when i TAK IT, I feel wonderful in that I feel my mothers' care via earth mother. I no longer have my mothers' love but motherwort shows me I have earths' love.
Spiritlite
Here is the link

http://www.susunweed.com/herbal_ezin.../wisewoman.htm
Please for me read it
Spiritlite
Old 21-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Master
I had read about motherwort several months ago and intended to get some, but never did. Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Old 27-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Master
Silver it's a great link and after using it for a week my heart chakra is opening up I'm having wonderful dreams and I'm a lot calm plus it's helping my heart rate.
Spiritlite
Old 27-03-2011, 05:35 AM
tragblack

Thank you for the information, Spiritlite.
Old 27-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Master
No problem Trag and google photos of the flower and plant she is lovely :)
Spiritlite.
Old 31-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Master
Anyone tried this yet?
Here's a great article the website I got this article is listed below.

Herb of the Season: Motherwort
Leonurus cardiaca

It's Summer time!!! I'm flying into this new season with renewed energy after spending a wonderful weekend celebrating herbs and the Summer Solstice at the 9th International Herb Symposium. I am revitalized and inspired by all the wonderful workshops presented by first rate educators and by the positive, nourishing energy everyone shared throughout the weekend. Coming home the celebration continues. My wild garden is lush and vibrant with everything exploding into flower…especially the Leonurus cardiaca… Motherwort…. or as Dr. Bill called her, Motherswort… weed for the mother…an incredible green ally for us all.

I've been intrigued by three branched growth this year... first with angelica and now the motherwort. I'm reminded of the triple goddess, the original trinity, depicting the maiden, the mother and the crone/ wise-woman phases of life. Motherwort is supportive for women throughout all these life stages. As much as we think of motherwort primarily for women, men can also benefit from her magic, medicine and beauty. Leonurus cardiaca nourishes our heart and soul and calms our nerves! As her latin name implies, she gives us the heart of a lion, bringing courage, strength and the extra confidence we need from time to time to walk boldly forward along our path.
Menopausal women, the crones, love Motherwort for her ability to soothe and strengthen nerves, moderate hormones, keep us juicy and help our hearts relax when anxiety tries to move in. Try 10-20 drops of Motherwort tincture the next time you feel stressed or a little blue…at least twice daily. When I take on too many things at once I take Motherwort morning and evening. I squirt half a dropper of the tincture into a mouthful of water which I swish before swallowing. (I leave the bottle next to my toothbrush in the cabinet as a reminder!) Many women value Motherwort's ability to alleviate hot flashes, insomnia and depression that may accompany our menopausal years. In my field notes from long ago, Rosemary Gladstar identifies Motherwort as an excellent herb for menopause and a powerful tonifier for our hearts, grounding and nourishing, especially for our emotional health. By making and taking motherwort tincture to support my emotional wellness I try to live life more optimistically, more joyfully and hopefully more productively!

The maidens and mothers are also well served by this green ally. Think of her for PMS, cramping, sleep disturbances, or as an emmenagogue. Leonurus is also a general tonic for the generative organs...for both men and women of all ages. My family appreciates Motherwort's calm, relaxing support during distressed, sorrowful periods of life. Let Motherwort help to make your world look a little brighter the next time you need it.
Dried motherwort leaves can be made into an infusion but I find it difficult to drink due to its extreme bitterness. I'd rather use the tincture which I make by simply clipping the flowering tops into a clean, dry mason jar and then covering the herbs to the top of the jar with 40% or 50% vodka… (50% (100 proof) vodka is not available in Canada…if you travel to the States you can pick up the stronger vodka) for at least six weeks. I then strain it through a filter and bottle it in dark brown bottles. I also pick the young leaves in the spring and tincture them, fresh, in apple cider vinegar which I use in vinaigrettes and marinades.

Motherwort is extremely easy to grow…and loves to spread herself around so be forewarned! Her leaves change dramatically from early spring (when they're wide and multi-lobe) to her flowering stage (when they're pointing out horizontally and only three-lobed) but they add lush green and interesting texture regardless of their size or shape! Leonurus starts to flower just around the Summer Solstice and can grow up to five feet creating a lovely backdrop with her tall, erect stalks covered in rings of pink blossoms. As the flowers dry up into very sharp spiky seed pods, she'll nick me to remind me to “Pay Attention” and “Live in the Moment”! I love, and agree with, Gail Faith Edwards' insightful interpretation:
“Motherwort not only supports us emotionally, but also teaches, through her growing habit and appearance, a lesson for strong emotional health. The prickly parts of our natures, the parts we usually try to hide and stuff away, need to be acknowledged and allowed to coexist with our softer, more socially acceptable parts. Motherwort encourages us to embrace and nourish those sharp, hard aspects of ourselves.”

One of my favourite quotes from the many scattered through the Schedule of Events booklet from the IHS, and the one which best characterizes the spirit of the Symposium, is by Marianne Williamson:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
With your Wise Woman ways and the support of Motherwort, may you be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous long beyond the summer season!
With green joy,
Monica

WEBSITE FROM http://herbsontheside.com/potm_jul_2009.php
Old 07-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Master
I'm going to bump this because I feel it's such a healing and important herb both physically and spiritually and mentally.
Spiritlite.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Master
Bump.....for the above reasons.
Spiritlite
Seriously this has helped my heart chakra heal in many ways.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Master
bumping for Rosewater,
Spiritlite
Old 13-04-2011, 05:40 AM
yinepu

Hey Spiritlite, thanks so much , im going to see if its available in Australia.