Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-10-2019, 04:47 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
its just my opinion your not reading it accurately.

what happens as we move towards more subtle energies?

we expand correct?

assuming we expand what happens?

you become in contact with new obstructions correct?

also and perhaps more importantly the physical body becomes in contact with subtler energies correct?

thus your going to experince a heightened bliss while going into deeper waters(subtler energies).

so then what is the compass? if one believes the subtleness is endless or one hasn't gone further than every person since time began.

the compass is bliss and or silence.

as i see it i wouldn't think of that so much as stages. but continuations of growth and periods of breaks.

i wouldn't throw out the compass is the point im trying to make. especially if its just because someone said so. reguardless of whom said it.

not trying to give anyone a hard time. its just good to question. especially popular thought. as it can be wrong sometimes.

As we are in le Buddhism section I’ll add a Buddhist perspective

The compass in Buddhism is liberation from dukkha, freedom of the true Self, and compassion.

It’s not just body work, or energy manipulation.

The Bliss of the Buddha’s is no ordinary bliss, it entails significant powers, omniscience, peace, joy, and everything the Buddha taught and promised.

Ymmv

Jl
Old 17-10-2019, 04:50 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I do with a sack load of salt

Salt is healthy! Apparently it has healing and cleansing properties too (just not ingested)
Old 17-10-2019, 05:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
As we are in le Buddhism section I’ll add a Buddhist perspective

The compass in Buddhism is liberation from dukkha, freedom of the true Self, and compassion.

It’s not just body work, or energy manipulation.

The Bliss of the Buddha’s is no ordinary bliss, it entails significant powers, omniscience, peace, joy, and everything the Buddha taught and promised.

Ymmv

Jl

very true as far as i know. and as you said this is indeed a Buddhist section. to be clear. the context of what i was talking about was of bliss in the practice.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 17-10-2019, 05:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
What I’ve read about bliss in stages various but I’m more attuned to this approach.

The last four stages are peace, pure joy, physical bliss and ecstasy. From there the experience then moves into a continuous ecstasy. Peace becomes so deep, nothing will disturb it. This leads to pure joy and when your joy of being is shared it takes on the nature of love. The bliss then is activated changing your body, mind and heart. From there the experience becomes an ever expanding ecstasy.

i agree 100%. thank you for sharing! in case there was any confusion. i was speaking about after continious. in that imo. the depth of it is endless.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 17-10-2019, 08:46 AM
Master
Sure people talk of bliss silence and so forth, and that might be the reality as some people experience it, but not be the experience of someone else. My view is, don't be concerned with 'something else', just be aware of what it's like for you.
Old 17-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sure people talk of bliss silence and so forth, and that might be the reality as some people experience it, but not be the experience of someone else. My view is, don't be concerned with 'something else', just be aware of what it's like for you.

I agree with this very much. I experienced very little emotion from within the heart centre for much of the last few years (the heart centre is more often the source of the experience of bliss IMO), and yet, I still experienced equanimity, sublime joy, authentic love, and related "emotions" in very deep and profound ways which differ in some experiential ways from the way in which we "normally" experience emotion.

How is that even possible?, some may say. And yet it is. There are multiple ways to experience life and that includes authentic love, sublime joy (which some also call bliss), and so forth. I will go much further and say that the commitment to practice in right alignment not only provided purpose, clarity, stability, and profound serenity, but that ultimately it greatly aided my heart centre healing and improved my wellbeing and thus my quality of life. And yet, even if none of those things had happened "yet", the resonance of living in right alignment with centre (the sublime joy of being, or ananda) whilst walking one's path is so profound and compelling is truly its own reward.

BTW very on-point discussion on some key items over the last several pages.
(I have re-read back over the last half dozen pages so apologise for what may have been mentioned earlier as I have not re-read those and it's been some time.)

I also would say, as Janie, Gem, and others have noted from various, that the core of the teachings is not about the attainment(s) but about the practice. The journey rather than the destination.
Attainment(s) are the fruit but the practice is the cycle of sowing and reaping with awareness and right-alignment. And I resonate with the right-aligned desire Sky, Jonesboy, and JL noted, such as the desire to be of service, and also the desire for wisdom and illumination, via study of the great teachings, and obtaining transmissions and oral instruction, and so forth, in turn to better be of service.

I would say those major works of the Heart and Diamond Sutra can be understood most simply as there is nothing but the ground of being (lovingkindness) and there is nothing but this moment (equanimity). That is collapsing an awful lot, granted. But lovingkindness centred in equanimity is the being and doing. That is the heart of the practice, that and being present to our being and doing (including mindfulness, sitting, and meditation).

All that we feel or experience or that arises as a result of our practice simply is -- in right alignment and dedicated to the highest good of all -- and that is all

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 17-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I didn't study Dzochen, so I can't reasonably comment on that, But I can reasonably comment on mindfulness because I went and studied it properly. When you study these things in a formal situation you understand them differently because you lived through it, because we aren't dealing with knowledge anymore; it's dealing with insight which doesn't really tell you anything, but expands you in wisdom, and I can say with reasonable certainty that mindfulness is insurpassable as a practice simply because it is the cessation of volitions . When you cease trying to make it as you want to be, you see it 'as it is'. I'm not talking about anything special here. Just 'this'. But 'this' is the reality of your life as it happens to be right now. Can you just be content with things as they are? Thar's the rub.

Gem,

I am quoting from various Buddhist traditions including Theravada.

What lineage are you speaking from?
Old 17-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
its just my opinion your not reading it accurately.

what happens as we move towards more subtle energies?

we expand correct?

assuming we expand what happens?

you become in contact with new obstructions correct?

also and perhaps more importantly the physical body becomes in contact with subtler energies correct?

thus your going to experince a heightened bliss while going into deeper waters(subtler energies).

so then what is the compass? if one believes the subtleness is endless or one hasn't gone further than every person since time began.

the compass is bliss and or silence.

as i see it i wouldn't think of that so much as stages. but continuations of growth and periods of breaks.

i wouldn't throw out the compass is the point im trying to make. especially if its just because someone said so. reguardless of whom said it.

not trying to give anyone a hard time. its just good to question. especially popular thought. as it can be wrong sometimes.

You, your body and the energy are not separate things.

One of the first methods in many Buddhist practices is Shine with Object. It is a very, very blissful practice. Part of moving to higher levels of the jnanas is to let go of the desire, of the attachment to that bliss.

You mentioned obstructions and the body and energy? Once the 5th chakra opens what tends to happen? People start to feel sexual energy all the time. They can be at a bus stop, in a meeting and the energy will hit the obstructions but at this point it feels very good but also very sexual.

How do you move past it? By not grasping at it, by not fighting it by just letting it flow through non-attaching.

Silence is much the same way. Silence is very blissful, do you stop once you feel that blissfulness in silence and think you have arrived? No, you let go, you don't get lost in it.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Taoist saying

Don’t lie. Internet history capture all.

Here’s some examples of you offering empowerment’s and transmission. For a non Buddhist who has only learnt theories over a forum, and without Buddhist confirmation, that’s pretty unacceptable in Buddhist terms. (And understand you say you don’t follow Buddhist teachers, teachings and are not a Buddhist practitioner)

Empowerment’s and such are only for lineage teachers who wield the true gem of Dhamma insights and Buddhahood, yet the basis of this offer is from folks who believe in stages of practice, that Buddha’s have ongoing obstructions, that doesn’t understand the relevance of the Heart, Lankavatra and Diamond Sutra to the question of whether there are many Buddha’s or one etc.

In other words, a pretty convoluted path imho, and one which would only yield problems for anyone who believes that that is Buddhist practice.

Ymmv

Jl

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...4&postcount=10

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=Empowerme nt

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=Empowerme nt

What I do is different than an empowerment.

The results are different as is the means. What I do is not believed possible in Buddhism.

If you would like to understand the difference please feel free to ask, or read the myriad of posts here or on my site for a better understanding.

Here are two good threads to start with.

https://theprimordialway.com/index.p...-q-a-for-jeff/

https://theprimordialway.com/index.p...ordial-way-qa/
Old 17-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Master
Jonesboy, I would say it is known to be possible by all mystics of all traditions, including Buddhists. It is the gift (attainments) of some, to be used in service to the greater good of all. Certainly energy work for healing, for dedication, for setting intention, for communication...all of these things are known uses of these gifts or attainments, and certainly these are right-aligned uses. Am I leaving anything out?

TBH, what else really are we doing with our practice in these areas? It is for service and to add to the joy and right-alignment in the universe.

However, for those who may be misdirected by focus on attainments, this was a real and known danger. Because the core of what is, is always the practice in this moment, in interbeing with self, others, and One. And thus why mysticism and more esoteric energy work is almost never emphasised in any tradition as the primary core of the tradition. Also why it is often not recommended for some at all and for others not till after years of practice.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke