Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 08-10-2019, 06:21 AM
Experiencer

WHY do HINDUS NOT LOVE THEIR WORK

WHILE EUROPEANS have made great many inventions and discoveries, Hindus are conspicuous of not doing so. The reason is obvious they do not love their work.

For millions of years, Hindus were divided in four order based on their profession called as Varna Ashram. They were expected to play a fixed role. The Brahmins were expected to teach, Kchtriyas to fight, Vaishyas to trade, and Shudras to serve. The traditional work froze their mind and made them unfit for innovation. Those Hindus who had no aptitude for their prescribed profession were out casted. Generation after generation they did the repetitive work and lost interest in it.

Thanks to British who established Universities and introduced science like subjects creating various avenues for work. Instead of Varna Ashram most Hindus can now opt for a profession of their choice and interest. Those Hindus who are unable to receive education and follow the traditional profession like tailoring, or carpentry they do so without love and interest and don't progress to become a Fashion Designer or Architect like Europeans.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
WHILE EUROPEANS have made great many inventions and discoveries, Hindus are conspicuous of not doing so. The reason is obvious they do not love their work.

For millions of years, Hindus were divided in four order based on their profession called as Varna Ashram. They were expected to play a fixed role. The Brahmins were expected to teach, Kchtriyas to fight, Vaishyas to trade, and Shudras to serve. The traditional work froze their mind and made them unfit for innovation. Those Hindus who had no aptitude for their prescribed profession were out casted. Generation after generation they did the repetitive work and lost interest in it.

Thanks to British who established Universities and introduced science like subjects creating various avenues for work. Instead of Varna Ashram most Hindus can now opt for a profession of their choice and interest. Those Hindus who are unable to receive education and follow the traditional profession like tailoring, or carpentry they do so without love and interest and don't progress to become a Fashion Designer or Architect like Europeans.

So are you saying that India gaining independence was a bad idea !

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 09-10-2019, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:

Namaste.

That is quite the generalization you are making there, and while I cannot get to speak for all Hindus and/or Europeans everywhere, I don't believe that anybody else has earned that right either.

First off, you need to familiarize yourself with your own history and the exploitation of the Indian labour-force.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPM1Zce70Kc

I really enjoy watching lectures by Raj Vedam and Rajiv Malhotra....you should try it sometime...it really explains everything such as those things you are talking about.

Really though, anybody would enjoy their work unless they were doing so to mass produce items for a Western consumerist market or for the tourists visiting the country.....Balinese Hindus are a case in point.

The artisans are forced to mass produce paintings, sculptures and textiles on a "production line" to be sold at a fraction of the cost of a "one-off" article they put a lot of time, care, love and self-expression into...thus facilitating the enjoyment of what they do. The quality of stone sculpting has decreased significantly in the past 600 years...I have noticed a gradual decline in the elements of classical architecture from the Chola Period up to the present.

However, a lot of Hindus still enjoy their work and this can be seen clearly in the performing arts like the Bharatnatyam...but yes, there is a lot of pressure on the youth of India to become engineers, computer programmers, scientists and the like following a Westernized model, but how many of these can the world economy and competitive marketplace sustain? Honestly?

One day we shall see a Renaissance take place in India, but it won't be in my lifetime and all anyone can do until then is to enjoy whatever we do on a personal level and not worry about what anybody else is doing...it is the only way to stay sane in a world gone mad.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 09-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

That is quite the generalization you are making there, and while I cannot get to speak for all Hindus and/or Europeans everywhere, I don't believe that anybody else has earned that right either.

First off, you need to familiarize yourself with your own history and the exploitation of the Indian labour-force.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPM1Zce70Kc

I really enjoy watching lectures by Raj Vedam and Rajiv Malhotra....you should try it sometime...it really explains everything such as those things you are talking about.

Really though, anybody would enjoy their work unless they were doing so to mass produce items for a Western consumerist market or for the tourists visiting the country.....Balinese Hindus are a case in point.

The artisans are forced to mass produce paintings, sculptures and textiles on a "production line" to be sold at a fraction of the cost of a "one-off" article they put a lot of time, care, love and self-expression into...thus facilitating the enjoyment of what they do. The quality of stone sculpting has decreased significantly in the past 600 years...I have noticed a gradual decline in the elements of classical architecture from the Chola Period up to the present.

However, a lot of Hindus still enjoy their work and this can be seen clearly in the performing arts like the Bharatnatyam...but yes, there is a lot of pressure on the youth of India to become engineers, computer programmers, scientists and the like following a Westernized model, but how many of these can the world economy and competitive marketplace sustain? Honestly?

One day we shall see a Renaissance take place in India, but it won't be in my lifetime and all anyone can do until then is to enjoy whatever we do on a personal level and not worry about what anybody else is doing...it is the only way to stay sane in a world gone mad.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namastey ! Well I think I do deserve to speak about all mankind as I know everything, God, soul, Nature, cosmos, human history, Europeans, Indians etc.

We should not discount European's contributions in bringing our civilization to the present level despite their shortcomings and atrocities they have committed. The royals of recent past just 200 years ago, did not have the comforts that the average population of the world now enjoys ( A/C, attached bath...). It is all due to the Europeans who have superb imagination, who loved their work and devoted themselves, despite harsh climate. Not to talk about TV, Computer, internet, Railways, Aeroplane, No Indian can match Picasso, Van Gogh, Divinchi, or Thomas Edison, Tesla, Ford ..

Your link did not open. If you think Bharat Natyam, or Raj Vedam and Rajiv Malhotra could be a possible Indian challenger to their European Counterparts, then you are seriously mistaken.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Namastey ! Well I think I do deserve to speak about all mankind as I know everything, God, soul, Nature, cosmos, human history, Europeans, Indians etc.

We should not discount European's contributions in bringing our civilization to the present level despite their shortcomings and atrocities they have committed. The royals of recent past just 200 years ago, did not have the comforts that the average population of the world now enjoys ( A/C, attached bath...). It is all due to the Europeans who have superb imagination, who loved their work and devoted themselves, despite harsh climate. Not to talk about TV, Computer, internet, Railways, Aeroplane, No Indian can match Picasso, Van Gogh, Divinchi, or Thomas Edison, Tesla, Ford ..

Your link did not open. If you think Bharat Natyam, or Raj Vedam and Rajiv Malhotra could be a possible Indian challenger to their European Counterparts, then you are seriously mistaken.
I wasn't going to dignify this with a response, but we do share exactly the same birthdate after all.

If you look into the archaeological excavations carried our at Harappa and Mojendro Daro, you will find that the ancient Hindus had hot and cold running water, hot baths, flushable toilets...not too sure about air conditioning though. LOL

However, do you honestly believe that modern conveniences define the advancement of civilization? All that does is make human beings lazy and SOFT..all the muscles, tissues and fascia gets all soft and spongy..

You just have to look at how having cold showers increases the resilience of the brain barrier...this is now being proven as a "biohack" to increase the length of generic telomeres...but I am digressing.

The ancient Hindus did not need Europeans to give them any advice on how to advance technologically...they even had VIMANAS running on Mercury (Quicksilver), Micanite and other compounds.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) you are a Westernized Hindu, I am not. Europeans gave India NOTHING..well, maybe a rail system that runs somewhat on time..lol

What did India give the rest of the world? ZERO....and chess.
Without the contributions made by ancient Hindu mathematicians, we would all still be counting on our fingers and toes!

There are a ton of great Hindu Artisans like Picasso, Van Gogh, Mozart...Rabindranath Tagore (just off the top of my head), Raja Ravi Varma..Mohan Roy...

It is a pity that you have not been educated, so you cannot "know everything" to even begin to reach any conclusion that I am mistaken. Did you watch that lecture about Mahatma Gandhi's attempts to focus on Khadi (homespun) to get the Indian economy back on track instead of buying imported suits...or don't you need to be educated about the truth to know what it is that you know? If I am mistaken, does that also mean Gandhi was mistaken?

Anyway, now I understand why it is that I prefer not to get involved and let people remain in Tamogun...because they are totally undeserving of my knowledge and experience.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 09-10-2019, 09:55 AM
Master

Quote:

Honestly, I think your information is outdated.

I've been to Udaipur and a few of the painting schools there. Their work is far superior to anything produced in London nowadays. Western art has been in serious decline for decades now.

Ditto with Engineering and Science. The best universities are filled to the brim with Asians and they outdo their Western peers by a considerable margin. Europeans and North Americans are by and large lazy and entitled, unwilling to work as hard as their Asian peers. Western civilization has produced some wonderful things, as well as quite a lot of destruction and suffering, but its best days are clearly behind it. The situation is worst in the UK and the US were people are visibly regressing to some sort of pre-human state, barely able to speak and write coherently, let alone make sense of the world around them, which is why we now have Trump and Brexit. A hundred years ago, our ancestors were scarily smart, resilient and diligent compared to the bumbling idiots we have become. A high-school graduate a century ago was far more educated and cultured than graduates from the best universities in the West today. This is not just me saying it, there are studies to prove it.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Master
Sorry the link did not open for you.

1. Go to YouTube
2. Into Search Box type:
"The Untold History of India - A Scientific Narration"
3. Look for the lecture by Raj Vedam which goes for 2:02:22
4. Enjoy.

If you are sincerely seeking the truth, 2 hours of your time will be time well spent.

If you don't have the patience to sit through a lecture, I cannot be party to your deficit of attention in your quest (and insistence) to obtain ultimate knowledge... because it will thus forever be 'according to YOU' which means eff-all to be honest.

Now, I need to go and do some "Aghori things"..

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Old 09-10-2019, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Honestly, I think your information is outdated.

I've been to Udaipur and a few of the painting schools there. Their work is far superior to anything produced in London nowadays. Western art has been in serious decline for decades now.

Ditto with Engineering and Science. The best universities are filled to the brim with Asians and they outdo their Western peers by a considerable margin. Europeans and North Americans are by and large lazy and entitled, unwilling to work as hard as their Asian peers. Western civilization has produced some wonderful things, as well as quite a lot of destruction and suffering, but its best days are clearly behind it. The situation is worst in the UK and the US were people are visibly regressing to some sort of pre-human state, barely able to speak and write coherently, let alone make sense of the world around them, which is why we now have Trump and Brexit. A hundred years ago, our ancestors were scarily smart, resilient and diligent compared to the bumbling idiots we have become. A high-school graduate a century ago was far more educated and cultured than graduates from the best universities in the West today. This is not just me saying it, there are studies to prove it.
Namaste.

This is so true and so eloquently expressed. Thank you.

(...and you may also understand now about the conversation we were just having in the Non Duality forum...perfect example of what you were saying exists right here, brother).

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 09-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Master
I am just going to drop this here..

We shall go from the artisans at Udaipur to the Observatory at Jaipur:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jantar_Mantar,_Jaipur

This was built in 1734 and it is as accurate as a modern atomic clock..this whole structure fascinates me.

Not to mention that ancient Hindus were the foremost engineers when it came to water management and using sacred geometry...their stepwells are a thing of functional beauty:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBH0zmLpKuI

Kindly let me know if you have problems opening THAT link.

The amount of scientific knowledge in the Hindu Shastras is incredible!
It is too bad that Hindus are not being taught this...they are taught stuff like the "Aryan Invasion Theory" instead and how India made nothing..no contribution to humanity whatsoever. It is a crying shame, but modern Hindus are buying it...not the traditional ones, like yours truly.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Master
Before I go off for an extended period of time..

About that "ancient air conditioning" thing..

I just stumbled upon an old CNN newsreel from 2012 showing how the stepwell architecture can be engineered to produce sustainable dwellings with an interior up to 20 degrees cooler without crippling power costs, high carbon footprint and damage to the environment:

https://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/28/w...ure/index.html

When we look at all the things that the West gave India, we have to ask ourselves "at what cost?" Is destroying Mother Earth justified so that we can have a "comfortable life"? because this is more of a consumerist idea...a mleccha idea over a true Hindu ideology, isn't it? Hindus work WITH nature and not against it.

There is so much more I could say here, but I also realise now that "here" is definitely not the place to share my knowledge...it is akin to urinating against the wind.

फिर मिलेंगे

Aum Namah Shivaya