Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-06-2019, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well put. Sounds to my ears like a rather artistic expression of the taoist conception of flow.
You are perhaps aptly named.

I suspect then I’m a Taoist at heart without even trying to be that conception.

Passing through the many streams of others creations in me through those shadow stages has gifted me with awareness of others creations in this world as something I pass through most naturally as my true self.

Flow is just fine...
Old 21-06-2019, 01:49 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I suspect then I’m a Taoist at heart without even trying to be that conception.

Flow is just fine...

I suspect you are a Taoist as well, as I also suspect that without even trying is perhaps the only way to be one.
Old 21-06-2019, 06:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Not unless you are a smurf.

Are you a smurf? Perhaps even..... a plump and juicy smurf?

I'm plump and juicy but not very blue.
Old 21-06-2019, 03:09 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I'm plump and juicy but not very blue.
Well, in that case you can sleep easy.
Old 24-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Pathfinder

Hey Ketzer, are you me? I feel the same way. I feel as though I can deal with the “dark” things in life more than others can. It exists and it’s part of our world, I tend to be able to embrace it. Like others have said, some steer clear of it completely but I find myself part of it, and I find it’s easier if I throw myself into the dark topics to be amongst them and try to understand them, rather than avoid them.
Old 24-07-2019, 12:07 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricalsnowflake11
Hey Ketzer, are you me?
Well, that is really a good question, if off topic a bit. Statistically speaking I have certainly been you, and will certainly be you again. Am I you now? I suppose the answer depends upon the nature of one's belief about oneness and God.
Quote:
I feel the same way. I feel as though I can deal with the “dark” things in life more than others can. It exists and it’s part of our world, I tend to be able to embrace it. Like others have said, some steer clear of it completely but I find myself part of it, and I find it’s easier if I throw myself into the dark topics to be amongst them and try to understand them, rather than avoid them.
I find that the light and dark are actually two expressions of the same thing (the yin / yang thing). Both are beautiful and meaningful, and to fully appreciate the one, one must fully appreciate the other. The manufacturers of televisions strive to create bright and vivid reds, greens, and blues, but they also strive to create deep rich blacks as well, both are needed to create the best picture.
Old 24-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Master

Hi ketzer,

If I am hungry, just watching other people eat doesn't really satisfy.
Even if it is 'beautiful', even if that identification might inspire me, I still need satisfaction of the hunger.
That is the significance of hunger: it implies satisfaction.

That is the false completeness of darkness, and also it's beauty..
It is a conditional reality, a veiled potential, an opportunity, and importantly an implied necessity.

Although light is inherent in darkness, it is not expressing.

~ J

Old 24-07-2019, 02:05 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Hi ketzer,

If I am hungry, just watching other people eat doesn't really satisfy.
Even if it is 'beautiful', even if that identification might inspire me, I still need satisfaction of the hunger.
That is the significance of hunger: it implies satisfaction.

That is the false completeness of darkness, and also it's beauty..
It is a conditional reality, a veiled potential, an opportunity, and importantly an implied necessity.

Although light is inherent in darkness, it is not expressing.

~ J

Yet, when one is stuffed full, eating becomes unpleasant. If there is no hunger, there can be no satisfaction of it. Light is inherent in darkness, just as darkness is inherent in light. Both are expressions of the same thing. Perhaps all experiential realities are conditional on separation of dualities. Without the separation of dualities and the fluctuation of imbalance from one to the other, the universe and life would stop.

What do you mean by the "false completeness" of darkness?

"Although light is inherent in darkness, it is not expressing."

I suppose so in total darkness, but one never finds such a thing in expression (nor in concept when it comes down to it). Yet, even the dimmest of lights, that cannot be seen in the bright of day, becomes a beacon in the darkness. It is light that renders itself indistinguishable, darkness just makes it more apparent. Light relies upon darkness for its very existence. The idea that there can be one without the other is perhaps a definition of "false completeness."
Old 25-07-2019, 01:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I often feel like I find great beauty and meaning in the darker and sad side of the life experience.

Sad music, sad or tragic stories (fiction, nonfiction, history), dark poetry, dark art, and other sad/dark things I can't think of at the moment. Of course, it is not just dark things, I appreciate the happier joyful side of art, history, life, etc. just as much (I mean I am not goth ). But I am often drawn to those darker aspects of the human experience and they in some way make me feel good instead of sad.

I am also aware that many people are not, and would rather steer clear of the darker and sad side of life. Often they almost think something is wrong with those who appreciate those sad and dark moments.

I am curious as to how others on this forum line up. Do you find you derive beauty and meaning from the darker aspects of life and are often drawn in (maybe even comforted) by them, or do they just bring you down and would prefer to avoid them when that is possible?

Any reflections on why we are one way or the other?

bliss and silence can be experinced in everything. because the divine is in everything. everything is one. and what i mean is in sadness can be a great joy experinced in it. in being scared can be experinced with a joy in it. everything. not by choice. not by anything other than being open to bliss and silence. so without choice everything will be in a joy. because the divine mother expresses herself through the nervous system. when one has become opened to it. if its permenant it will ALWAYS be experinced in everything. doesn't mean no prefernces. emotions and thoughts carry weight.

many people perhaps dont get into spirituality because it for many appears to be a club for a certain type. but there is no type in how it really is. its for the all. perhaps your interests are you discovering how great god really is. i don't know?

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 25-07-2019, 02:40 AM
Master
I found going into the deepest dark was the way through to the light, and now there is balance between light and dark within myself, both are required and have their purpose and work together to heighten my consciousness.