Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 18-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Pathfinder

If i lived close to a gym I'd prefer the gym. Seeing other fit and strong dudes pumping a lot of iron motivates me more than when i exercise by myself at home.

I've acquired about 400lbs of free weights so i can exercise with the right amount of resistance at home but there's no doubt I'm in a different mental state at the gym and I lift more when I'm there.

It's really a minor preference though; as long as I'm exercising i feel good and that happens as long as i do it, no matter where I am.
Old 18-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Master
You should try Martial Arts any one that you choose will keep you in great shape and you don't need to go to the gym. Try Kempo that's a very good one, I talk a lot and I have to start working more at home. Kempo is one of my favorite one to do at home. With all this ebola talk I really don't want to go to the gym anymore. Plus if you get a good threadmill you're set.
Old 21-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Seeker

Hello,

I have both and alternate between the two; depending on my mood.

I pay about $40 mo for the gym membership.
Old 28-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Knower
Just got done with a 8.7 mile stationary bike workout that I do twice a week. On the days that I don't go to work for 40 hours a week I walk the dogs (2 right now) on 1/2 hour walks. I stretch and use weights every day, with situps on the back room carpet. I still have to shower. Now have to go let the dogs out in back and play ball with them. Chow now how bow wow...
Old 31-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Seeker

I have both> running outside and at home some hatha yoga exercise.
Old 31-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Experiencer

I am a crossfitter. Not hardcore, like the jokes are all about, but i want to get fit and be confident in my own body strength. They use the term WOD (Workout Of the Day), and have listed online hotel WODs. The idea is that the workout changes every day and you don't get stagnant in your workout and fitness level. The hotel workouts are things you can do without weights, just your body. I do these workouts on days when I am at home and unable to get to the gym.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Knower
I walk the dogs 1/2 to 1 hour/day.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Deactivated Account

I find myself more motivated walking down to the leisure center here and back up.. I wish we had room for a treadmill though.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:22 AM
geeeaidan

I used to be a personal trainer and there is a whole lot to be said for push ups, whether you are a guy or girl... High intensity exercise such as push ups or rowing (If you can get to a gym) are THE best thing for burning fat... They just really suck to do haha
Old 09-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbry87
Hey everyone,

I was curious if any of you prefer to do home work out's than
going to the gym?

Recently I've had to give up my gym membership because I
am low on funds at the moment, so I've invested on a good Yoga/exercise
mat and have been doing Full Body Work Outs and then followed by an
ab exercise every other day.

From what I've noticed, I've started seeing a more noticeable change in
my body than from the time when I had the gym membership, and I already eat
pretty well so that's been a bonus.

Have you guys had similar experiences, and can you recommend a site
or a Youtube channel for home work outs that don't require any equipment?

Thanks in advance :]

justbry87 - I think it's a matter of preference. Some people like the social contact. Some find working out with others around as motivating to themselves. I used run by myself and found it to be very meditative and so I liked the personal time alone. Then I turned to step aerobics in a class setting. I'm not a social person, but working out with a group had a certain level of fun and a feeling of oneness with a group of like-minded people. After breaking my ankle and getting a metal plate screwed into it I turned to home work outs. Since working out on home machines and weights I've wouldn't dream of going back to the gym. I personally like the convenience of working out at home and don't need other people to motivate me to keep to a schedule of cardio alternating with strength training alternating every other day. It was always a hassle to get dressed and drive up to a gym at a certain time for class. Not to mention the ongoing class fees. Now I just work out when I want in the comfort of my home.

Blackraven