Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-02-2019, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
if i was to read only one spiritual book ever it would be his autobiography.

it explains what it is all really about. a story of somebody with great passion for it, and discovering it.

Me, too.

I'm not naive to think each guru is perfect.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2019, 12:59 AM
Master
Hey Miss Hepburn!
It’s been a long time! My personal life has been crazy. But good crazy.

I didn’t realize this thread was still going

I don’t feel Yogananda was a fraud. I just don’t believe he was a divine avatar or whatever his followers came to believe. He was a very old soul and a spiritual teacher. One of many. It’s really a Hindu belief that your guru is divine or special. I just don’t believe that.
We are Spirits. We come into incarnation when we have to learn lessons.
All of us are unique individual spirit Beings temporarily in these physical lives.
There’s been advanced souls like saints on earth who’ve lived exceptional lives we can follow by their example. Ascended teachers and ancestors
But I don’t subscribe to the belief of perfect gurus, avatars etc.

Some great souls who ascended have become avatars of a specific quality or energy. Like Buddha became the avatar of enlightenment and awakenedness. But like I said I’m not really into the whole guru thing
Old 10-02-2019, 03:43 AM
My mouth dropped when I saw your name! Oh, I didn't realize they thought of him as an avatar.
I get a bit tired with so many 'Satgurus' running around...oh I forgot some say Sadguru....when sat means true...
maybe it's a dialect thing and sad means true in some areas.

Glad all is well, my buddy.

Added: ajay, I learned a lot from your input here.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2019, 04:30 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Hey Miss Hepburn!
It’s been a long time! My personal life has been crazy. But good crazy.

I didn’t realize this thread was still going

I don’t feel Yogananda was a fraud. I just don’t believe he was a divine avatar or whatever his followers came to believe. He was a very old soul and a spiritual teacher. One of many. It’s really a Hindu belief that your guru is divine or special. I just don’t believe that.
We are Spirits. We come into incarnation when we have to learn lessons.
All of us are unique individual spirit Beings temporarily in these physical lives.
There’s been advanced souls like saints on earth who’ve lived exceptional lives we can follow by their example. Ascended teachers and ancestors
But I don’t subscribe to the belief of perfect gurus, avatars etc.

Some great souls who ascended have become avatars of a specific quality or energy. Like Buddha became the avatar of enlightenment and awakenedness. But like I said I’m not really into the whole guru thing

Hi Amilius777
Old 06-01-2020, 04:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Dear Friends,

I just joined the forum and was exploring the forum and I found this thread. it is good. All the Kriya method is a way to enhance our divine side, and I strongly believe in this.

However, about Yogananda, I do not consider him as a true spiritual master because, he deviated from the path which is laid down by Sri Sri Lahir Mahasaya in the original kriyas. Secondly, he has gone against his guru's advice and Lahiri Mahasaya's advice: not to start any organization.

Thirdly, I am looking for the authentic Kriya Guru (master) from Panchanan Bhattacharya ji lineage wherever as I am wanted to take initiation. if someone knows, then please help me.

Thanks You in advance.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaideepv123456
However, about Yogananda, I do not consider him as a true spiritual master because, he deviated from the path which is laid down by Sri Sri Lahir Mahasaya in the original kriyas. Secondly, he has gone against his guru's advice and Lahiri Mahasaya's advice: not to start any organization.

Thirdly, I am looking for the authentic Kriya Guru (master) from Panchanan Bhattacharya ji lineage wherever as I am wanted to take initiation. if someone knows, then please help me.

Out of curiosity, where does it say that Yogananda was advised not to start any organisation? Or are you saying that it was a general principle of Lahiri Mahasaya and Sri Yukteswar not to start any organisation to teach Kriya Yoga, rather than any specific advice to Yogananda?

Yogananda does describe a meeting with Babaji where Babaji tells him "You are the one I have chosen to spread the message of Kriya Yoga in the West." I suppose Yogananda could have done so without establishing any formal organisation, but for practical purposes some kind of organisation was necessary.

And in his autobiography, Yogananda describes sending photographs of the new headquarters at Mount Washington to Sri Yukteswar in 1926. He received the following response: Seeing the photos of your school and students, what joy comes in my life I cannot express in words. So Sri Yukteswar seemed to approve of what Yogananda was doing.

Good luck with your search for an authentic Kriya Yoga guru. There are many variations in how Kriya Yoga is taught, and Yogananda does seem to have modified the practices for his Western students. We should take into account that Yoga was relatively unknown in the West in the 1920s, so he might just have been trying to make it more simple for his students.

Some people have tried to penetrate to the authentic core teachings. You may find the following books of interest:

J.C. Stevens - Kriya Secrets Revealed

Ennio Nimis - Kriya Yoga: Synthesis of a Personal Experience (available as a free download from http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Home.html)

Peace
Old 07-01-2020, 09:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Out of curiosity, where does it say that Yogananda was advised not to start any organisation? Or are you saying that it was a general principle of Lahiri Mahasaya and Sri Yukteswar not to start any organisation to teach Kriya Yoga, rather than any specific advice to Yogananda?

Yogananda does describe a meeting with Babaji where Babaji tells him "You are the one I have chosen to spread the message of Kriya Yoga in the West." I suppose Yogananda could have done so without establishing any formal organisation, but for practical purposes some kind of organisation was necessary.

And in his autobiography, Yogananda describes sending photographs of the new headquarters at Mount Washington to Sri Yukteswar in 1926. He received the following response: Seeing the photos of your school and students, what joy comes in my life I cannot express in words. So Sri Yukteswar seemed to approve of what Yogananda was doing.

Good luck with your search for an authentic Kriya Yoga guru. There are many variations in how Kriya Yoga is taught, and Yogananda does seem to have modified the practices for his Western students. We should take into account that Yoga was relatively unknown in the West in the 1920s, so he might just have been trying to make it more simple for his students.

First of all, Thank You for your message.
I am talking about the "General principal" of Sri Sri Lahiri Mahasaya for not to start any organization.

I know Yogananda did start the organization as instructed by Mahavatar Babaji. but I will simply follow my Guru's advice.

E.g. Panchanan Bhattacharya ji, is one of the principle disciple of Lahiri Mahasaya ji. He did started a Arya Mission upon his guru's advice ONLY TO PUBLISH THE BOOKs. Once this task is completed and Panchanan ji stopped the organization. Now Arya mission website is still there but it is there just to be there and does not provide any useful information. I know even they are doing something wrong (lets not go into this).

Now, I know Yogananda has modified kriyas to meet the western needs. but again, I will stick to the original kriya rules. Western people may need find it very difficult to understand but modifying the kriyas from original will not give the desired results. whereas, may be very difficult, but original Kriya will only give the desired result.

any modifications other than core kriyas, is OK. I strongly believe that "Guru-parampara and Guru-mukhi" as it is.

I am simply saying that, one has to stick to our guru's advice very strictly.

About the books - I already read it and now actively looking for the authentic guru from Panchanan Bhattacharya Ji's lineage.

Thank You once again.
Old 17-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Dear Friends,

Maybe you could broaden your search for a master of Raja Yoga techniques since Kriya Yoga falls under that heading.
You might find the techniques unaltered besides, since Yogananda seemed to
eliminate one BIG one...I understand why, gee it was the 1920 -30s.
I was surprised to find he taught meditation postures in chairs!!!
But, then when participating in the group meditations, I loved it!
It was like my body disappeared it was that comfortable.

Ha, incidentally, just a funny story for this group - I had to stop attending bi-weekly sessions
after over a year, because ONE time Yogananda said you should have fresh air in the room.
Well, for pete's sake he was in southern Calif!!
Literally, it would be 10 degrees here in Colorado, USA - and
the heat had been turned down SO low for days
with the head person arriving only 10 min before opening- and they still would crack a window open!!
I can't meditate in a 50 degree room. I wore gloves and layers of clothes with a blanket...c'mon.
Too goofy for me.

Old 17-01-2020, 02:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank for suggestions. I even know that it is moreorless same under the heading of Rajyoga but I would like to focus on the specifically. It is not that I am not understanding the underline message, but since I thought, this forum is full of resources so I am asking here.

Thanks.
Old 17-01-2020, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Thank for suggestions. I even know that it is moreorless same under the heading of Rajyoga but I would like to focus on the specifically. It is not that I am not understanding the underline message, but since I thought, this forum is full of resources so I am asking here.

Thanks.
I would be very interested in who is out there now since Swami Kriyananda passed away in 2013.
He MUST have initiated people that now are able to teach you -- Look under "Ananda near you" - very nice people.

''Ananda Sangha—”fellowship of divine joy”—is a worldwide group.."