Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 16-07-2006, 12:24 AM
tiltjlp

Very much so, but regulated much as Oregon does. It should only be allowable for physical or mental illness. A few days ago here I was discussing with a 17 year old the purpose of life. Seems he lives a life of boredom a lot. No, he should not be able to Off himself because There's Nothing To Do.

My father had suffered a severe stroke, and had very harsh memory problems, and died of cancer two days after it was discovered. In spite of his loss of memory, and the resulting and often childlike behavioral problems, he died a caring and compassionate man. That is why the choice has to be an individuals, and why it needs to be discussed in advance.

John
Old 16-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Deactivated Account
heartfelt sympathy for your father and i pretty much agree with you there, it has to be discussed
Old 16-07-2006, 02:15 PM
tiltjlp

Thanks Daisy. My dad's been gone 11 years, but his attitude and way of life still have a positive influence on me.

John
Old 16-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Deactivated Account
that's good and keeping his memory alive
Old 24-07-2006, 06:52 AM
FreeSpirit

Hi Everyone,

I have seen my grandmother die of cancer and watched her go through extreme pain. In her last days the pain was excruciating. If there was anything i could do to do help her i probably would have. My uncle had an accident, was in a coma and pronounced brain dead. We did every test possible to see if there was anything functioning and all test came up completely negative, so on that we kissed him goodbye then turned off his machine.

For the above reasons i suppose im in the 'i agree' catagory.
But for the following reason's im in the 'dont agree' catagory...

A close friend of mine had cancer and it was horrible, the pain she went through was terrible and she thought she was going to die. If she had the option to take a drug and end it all she would have. BUT a year later she is in total remission and living a grand happy life. A life she wouldn't be enjoying had she taken the 'easy way out'.

Im torn on my answer for this subject because my spiritual self is saying it is up to our guides to decide when our time is up, but the human side of me never wants to see anyone go through what my grandmother went through. I feel that there are many pros and cons to euthanasia. If it ever got approved i think there would have to be some very strict guidelines to follow to avoid abuse.

Thanks
Love
FreeSpirit xx
Old 24-07-2006, 01:24 PM
tiltjlp

Closing in on 60, and having both diabetes and very severe arthritis, I can see the possibility of facing such a decision in the foreseeable future. I probably look upon pain differently than most of you younger folks, having lived in near constant pain for 18 1/2 years now. Pain is a gift, and I offer if as atonement for my various misdeeds. No, I haven't done anything horribly wrong, but Karma is a balancing act, and chronic pain washes away the bad Karma of a lifetime.

John
Old 24-07-2006, 01:45 PM
FreeSpirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
Closing in on 60, and having both diabetes and very severe arthritis, I can see the possibility of facing such a decision in the foreseeable future. I probably look upon pain differently than most of you younger folks, having lived in near constant pain for 18 1/2 years now. Pain is a gift, and I offer if as atonement for my various misdeeds. No, I haven't done anything horribly wrong, but Karma is a balancing act, and chronic pain washes away the bad Karma of a lifetime.

John

im sorry to here about the medical position you are in.

You didn't say if you would or would not agree to it, so may i ask you a question... if pain is our karma then wouldn't be in the wrong to end it through ethanasia??

Love
FreeSpirit xx
Old 24-07-2006, 02:28 PM
tiltjlp

No, I don't think pain is actually Karma, but a way to balance the Karma in our lives, and our past lives. And maybe the result of an inbalance of Karma. The reason I never said if I would on not, is because until it worsens to the point where I would consider it, I have no idea what I would decide. And since I believe in reincarnation, I wouldn't have any problem deciding yes if that is the right choice for me.

John
Old 24-07-2006, 02:34 PM
FreeSpirit

Hi John,

Sorry for misreading about the Karma thing.

Love
FreeSpirit xx
Old 24-07-2006, 05:37 PM
tiltjlp

No problem FreeSpirit. I've been studying most things spiritual for close to 50 years and Karma is hard to get a fix on I think. You know, I'm enjoying this life so much, that if I could trade my ole bod in for a healthier one, I might be willing to get immortality a try.

John
Closed Thread