Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthicalVampire
There is a 'disk of people' meditation, I can't remember the name of it.

once you're settled into a standard meditation, you go through each circle in your life. starting with yourself, then working out to family, friends, distant friends, acquaintances and eventually to enemies and those who find a place of hate in you.

and for each section, you keep in mind that they were once babies and innocent, and that somewhere behind all they do in life and all their mistakes and qualities there is someone essentially innocent. If you can't do it for someone, just move on to the next person. No resistance.
Where worry lives, there’s no room for contentment. Where anger lives, there’s no room for forgiveness. Where sadness lives, there’s no room for gratitude.
Old 23-02-2019, 10:33 PM
Master
Forgiveness to be real needs to include forgetting - at least to the extent that it has no more emotional hold on you. Someone suggests some kind of fire ritual - you write things down on a piece of paper then burn it, symbolically releasing it. For me, empathy works - I try to think of the offending person's point of view. Yesterday someone unscrupulous towed my car and I had to pay an obscene $400 to get it back (there are over 2000 complaints against this person and it's legal so no one can stop him). He said he had a 9 year old son but he looks in his 40s - so maybe it's survival for him, in his mind. I can forgive and let it go. We never know why people do awful things, most likely they are suffering and if not they will later because karma will bring it back to them. I can move on but with 2000 people hating your guts it's going to bring a lot of karmic retribution on you - so I can only feel compassion.
Old 24-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I agree, ignorance is bliss, not knowing something is often more comfortable than knowing it or “What you don't know cannot hurt you.”

Not ignorance but acceptance

Old 24-02-2019, 11:13 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Not ignorance but acceptance

Exactly, acceptance is pure bliss..
Old 26-02-2019, 10:47 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammoniaeyes
i have a spirit attachment and it will not leave. The one thing i have not tried is to forgive it. I don't think he has ever been forgiven for anything he's done, and it's complex interacting with it as it exists near me all the time. (No salt, spell, sage, angel, so on and so forth has swayed it whatsoever... and i am sure this is not an aspect of myself. I have audio of it...)

I want to forgive it and transcend its grasp.

Many times things hang around because they are being fed.
Find the food and deny the feeding.
Forgiveness from you is probably not what it is seeking.
Forgiveness is always a good practice though.
Old 27-02-2019, 02:47 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by indefinable
i don't believe in forgiveness
Do you mean like:

Exodus 21:24 - Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. Just as he injured the other person, the same must be inflicted on him.

Deuteronomy 19:21
You must show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, and foot for foot.
Old 27-02-2019, 03:21 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammoniaeyes
i have a spirit attachment and it will not leave. The one thing i have not tried is to forgive it. I don't think he has ever been forgiven for anything he's done, and it's complex interacting with it as it exists near me all the time. (No salt, spell, sage, angel, so on and so forth has swayed it whatsoever... and i am sure this is not an aspect of myself. I have audio of it...)

I want to forgive it and transcend its grasp.
My ancestors would, in such a case, make a water or food sacrifice to please the spirit so that it can bring prosperity.

Sometimes they put cigarettes or cigars and a red or green lemonade and tell the spirit to serve himself.
Old 21-05-2019, 10:42 AM
Seeker

I think meditation allows you to tap into the correct mindset to allow yourself to forgive and see things from another less judgemental perspective :)
Old 22-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Ascender

I find kundalini kriyas difficult but very beneficial in clearing out that negative space that makes you want to forgive in the first place. To get your energetic field in the right vibration for forgiveness far and wide. This one is nice because it is to cultivate self love and acceptance from the hand over your head (arms and hands are an extension of the heart) and the free hand is used to push out love to the world, a specific person or situation.

Just bless em. Bless their life, their path, their family, their decisions. Blessing someone brings you freedom and lightens the load.

Also, chord cutting meditations.
YouTube has it all.
Old 23-05-2019, 10:29 PM
Thought I would just mention...Did you know the entire, I dunno, 1000 pages
of the self-study book A Course In Miracles is all about forgiveness?
(Cuz that's how we get outta here! LOL,hahahahah)

But, it is not about the Christian forgiveness..."You did this to me, and I forgive you."
No.
It's more of, "You never really did anything."
Another way to put it.."Whatever you did do...I created you doing it...in my
movie, I am creating... that I see."
Another angle:
"There is no you." LOL,

This is not intellectualizing.

In doing the Course there is a 'mind shift ' that just happens one day...
your whole perception
of everything changes...just by doing the daily pondering on a sentence...365 Lessons in the Workbook.
And also reading the Text.
Also, if you didn't know, it was channeled by Jesus for 7 yrs to a women
in the 1960s.
(So, wow. It is quite profound stuff.)

It's a bit advanced, and not for everyone.
I say this for those interested in serious forgiveness.

(Oh, if I could tell you what someone did yesterday! And All I did was laugh.) Ah...the freedom!

I meditated for 46 yrs....but still forgiving was a bear...until ACIM ©.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru