Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Sick of the material world

Hello all, y'know I wish I perused this website more often.

Anyways, does anyone else ever feel really sick and tired of living in this world? Or feel drained of being constantly bombarded with negative energy, with the needs of the body, and the difficulty in maintaining relationships and existing in a social world full of judgement, hate and suffering?
I'm usually quite a happy and optimistic person. But lately I've felt so irritable and am sometimes literally sick to my stomach when I think of how psychologically difficult it is to be alive in this world. I have a great life, but sometimes I am so discouraged with how hard it is to overcome the daily stresses and fluctuations in emotion, to feel God even in moments of anger. It is also so hard to not perpetuate evil, when I am in a low mood then sometimes I can be a huge ***** and although I try hard to be at peace with the universe and be a Light, I end up spreading negativity and hate, even if only in a small way. I feel so guilty over this and wonder if I really am evolving spiritually through the work I'm doing.

I am so tired of being negatively influenced and accidentally being a negative influence. Sometimes I want to move on from this life in the human world and become a non-sentient plant.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:31 AM
Master

Imagine that you have two cups of water, they appear to you as having different flavors, one is sweet, the other is bitter, sometimes you drink from the cup with the sweet taste and sometimes from the one with the bitter taste, it's a never ending cycle. You sometimes drink for days from the cup with sweet taste, and you think, that you are going to drink from this cup for the rest of your days, but the little doubt comes and you know that there are going to be days when you will have to also taste the bitter cup. And so these days come and you find yourself drinking from the bitter cup, as times passes by, you become sick and tired of this never ending cycle, so you finally realize that you only drink water and then you ask yourself from where these tastes come? Who gives the water taste? When you will understand the meaning of this, you will be one step closer to the freedom you are searching for.

I, myself, I'm searching for this absolute freedom. I've made huge progresses because I started to meditate, so you can give it a try too, if you want.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernworm

Anyways, does anyone else ever feel really sick and tired of living in this world? Or feel drained of being constantly bombarded with negative energy, with the needs of the body, and the difficulty in maintaining relationships and existing in a social world full of judgement, hate and suffering?
I'm usually quite a happy and optimistic person. But lately I've felt so irritable and am sometimes literally sick to my stomach when I think of how psychologically difficult it is to be alive in this world. I have a great life, but sometimes I am so discouraged with how hard it is to overcome the daily stresses and fluctuations in emotion, to feel God even in moments of anger. It is also so hard to not perpetuate evil, when I am in a low mood then sometimes I can be a huge ***** and although I try hard to be at peace with the universe and be a Light, I end up spreading negativity and hate, even if only in a small way. I feel so guilty over this and wonder if I really am evolving spiritually through the work I'm doing.

I am so tired of being negatively influenced and accidentally being a negative influence. Sometimes I want to move on from this life in the human world and become a non-sentient plant.

I find this to be perfectly understandable. In a sick world with sick and childish people, its hard not to be effected mentally in someway. No need to sugar coat your negative feelings and pretend everything is just "peachy." Or suppress it with meditation and pretend to be going somewhere while not going anywhere. Eventually everything will leak out.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:38 AM
Master

Watch the consciousness contracting thought
A bubble of illusion ego begot
In nonchalance look at where it goes
As for us, we are still, one with the divine flow

Old 09-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Master
It is very important to protect your own inner peace, and filter what this world has to offer. Hang around with like minded people who will nurture and support what you seek.

If you let it, the world will drain you and steal your soul. It will definitely make you physically and mentally ill. A good portion of the mental illness in this world comes from human culture, especially in the more rigid societies. Yes, there are a lot of toxic people in this world, people who will kill or injure others because they themselves have lost themselves to the ugliness in this world; but that is only one side of the coin.

I have learned, through meditation, how to nurture my own inner light and that light protects me. It keeps me quiet inside no matter what is going on outside. Things can only effect you if you indulge in them.

I am now 72-years old and many times, especially in my youth, I was dragged around by the world, but in my enhanced age my nights and days are now very peaceful, and it has been that way for many years now. Of course, learning to quiet my mind in meditation for more than 40-years on a regular basis has helped.

Relationships are the most important thing on this earth. There are a lot of very beautiful people in this world, and extremely beautiful experiences to be had. No it does not take money. In my opinion it takes knowing your self on a very deep level. If you actually experience and know your self on a deep level, your outer life will fall into place. For better or worst, what we see in this outer world is and expression of what is going on inside of people.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:

Hello,

There can be great joy and immense satisfaction doing influential energy work as a human. None of us are not here to be on vacation.

This critical point in time for human evolution will pass away and our human challanges will become a lot easier. There are those of us who are making that happen while some of us are waiting for it to happen. I can appreciate how you feel. Yet you choose to be here at This Time. Have you ever wondered why?

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 09-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:

Anyways, does anyone else ever feel really sick and tired of living in this world?
Not really. I'm here (on earth) to learn. That's spiritual/self-development. Living.
Quote:
Or feel drained of being constantly bombarded with negative energy, with the needs of the body, and the difficulty in maintaining relationships and existing in a social world full of judgement, hate and suffering?

Yes, days and events can challenge even the most patient optimistic people. If I've had difficulty with relationships it came down to being dishonest (about the relationship as distinct from misrepresenting myself or misinforming) or putting too much "me" into it without regard for the other. It's different for all of us though so I'm not suggesting that about you.

As for being influenced it needs you to ponder briefly anything trying to influence you and taking arms against, if it seems negative. Also try to look out for positive influences... being optimistic rather than pessimistic by choice. There are good things about every day even the worst days for the most dispirited people. It's also important to take an interest in people with whom you transact if you can. Or if it's just in passing, say, a smile and a hello at the supermarket checkout person. If you aren't acknowledged that's her/his lookout!

Take care.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:

You could always join an ashram or a monastery and become a total renunciant. Then you wouldn't have to worry about what goes on outside that establishment and what others say to you or think about you because that is what you have renounced!

I am seriously considering it myself because I am going through exactly the same thing you have just described.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:16 PM
Master

I'm just midway between my 81 and 82 birthday. Although I have no reason to believe that time is tight I do notice that I am beginning to realise that this world; its challenges, its beauty, its moods, its sheer existence is something I'm going to miss. I love this place and the now little part I play.

What I would really like is to be born again, say tomorrow, knowing all that I know of the world today. Having to start again at zero would be a waste of precious time for me, I crave more life.

There is nothing I regret, my life has been a mixture of positive and negative and has led me to a lot of valuable insights, so I have had a good, good life and I have, mainly due I think to my own exertions, never wanted.
The cut and thrust of daily existence is there to invigorate, how would it be if I wasn't here, there would be nothingness. No me. But, and here is the big but, one lifetime is not enough to see what the universe has to offer. My bucket list in this life is short. My bucket list for another time I haven't finished writing yet. When I look around using all possibilities available in the present my desire to be more of a part of everything overbears my senses. It pleases me to suspect that all I have ever experienced is in my memory and will be with me always.

I've said before, all kindergartens, all schools, all universities should every morning partake in an accolade pointing out the amazing fact of us and everything being here.

All other subjects should take second place.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:

The fact that you want to be a light, and the fact that you are trying to be a light, and the fact that you feel bad in not living up to the light, these are all signs to me that you are full of light. To me, you are a being of great light, even if it doesn't feel like that to you right now.

I would feel so bad if I knew that your light went out in the world. I would know that the good in the world, the good that you saw, was even harder to achieve without your help.

To answer your question, yes I have felt the same way. I was lost at many times, feeling just as you do now, and many times losing hope just as you do now.

So many times I acted out as a fool. I did not believe in the light because I fell to such darkness. I thought how could light be real when I am in such darkness. How could the light ever allow such a thing as my existence to be real? I thought because I experienced it, and it was such darkness, that the light could not possibly allow it to be, and thus it all must be fake.

Now I realize that the hell I thought I faced, that is what people face everyday.

The hells that you now face, that is what so many other people face day to day. Now you understand millions of other people, perhaps even billions.

When you look at your own issues, if it means that you help understand millions or even billions of other people, how does it make you feel?

if your own problems connect you to all humanity, are they still problems?