Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-11-2019, 07:07 PM
Guide

Interesting point. I’m going to have to re-read the chapter in the book where he explains this more in detail. It made sense to me at the time, and I hope I didn’t botch it up in my explanation above. If I could rephrase it a bit, I believe what he means by getting the mind out of the body is not to let the lower emotions of the thinking mind become manifest in the body.
Old 18-11-2019, 07:37 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Interesting point. I’m going to have to re-read the chapter in the book where he explains this more in detail. It made sense to me at the time, and I hope I didn’t botch it up in my explanation above. If I could rephrase it a bit, I believe what he means by getting the mind out of the body is not to let the lower emotions of the thinking mind become manifest in the body.

Maybe more of a harmony with neither side ruling but both sides providing feedback to the other? That would make sense because that's the purpose of the vagus nerve. It's the superhighway between the big brain in the head and all the little brains in the body, with messages going back and forth all the time. There's probably something to his breathing exercises as noted on this site. Same for the Wim Hof method which also stresses breathing exercises and cold therapy.

https://thefamilythathealstogether.c...e-vagus-nerve/

How to stimulate the vagus nerve

* A cold shower turns off the sympathetic system and on the parasympathetic system. At the end of your shower, try 30 seconds cold, 30 seconds hot. Increase to 60 seconds with 2-3 rounds. (If you can!)

* Deep breathing exercises release relaxing hormones, turning off the fight-or-flight sympathetic system and turning on the vagus nerve and parasympathetic system.

* Prayer, meditation, and chanting turn on the vagus nerve.
Old 18-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Guide

Terrific article! Thanks for sharing this! It’s amazing how it’s function affects every system of the body.

I wish I’d known all of this information years ago. Unfortunately I’ve suffered a variety of undiagnosed mystery ailments for far too long and finally realized (thanks to Dr Dispenza’s book) that I have been in a pretty constant state of fight or flight. Acquiring that knowledge alone helped me change the course and I felt better pretty instantly, along with meditating.
Old 19-11-2019, 06:31 AM
Seeker

Hi Lucky, I've not heard of this technique before. I think I would like to try. I'll have to look it up. Thanks for sharing.
Old 19-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Seeker

To me it makes sense to focus outside your body. Joe repeatedly says become no one, nothing, no where and no time. Following his meditations I feel like pure consciousness, greater than my body. I feel as though I'm adrift in space and connecting to unlimited potential. The goal is to find a potential in the quantum field and merge with it emotionally. If my body is ill, makes sense that I would want to focus all of my energy and attention on my intention (possibility).

Joe's meditations are unique I believe. In meditation, miraculous healing occurs. Blind people regain eye sight, people who can't walk start walking, tumors disappear, pain subsides, etc. I'm no meditation guru, I'll admit. All I know is that I have a desire to be like those people he has helped.

Belief is important too. If you believe you can, than you will.
Old 19-11-2019, 10:22 PM
Guide

Kiyae, yes definitely check out that breathing technique. I find it very interesting and seems to have scientific backing. I’m sure I explained it improperly in my post above, but he does a far better job of explaining it in his “Becoming Supernatural” book...although I’m sure you can find something about the technique in a YouTube video or on his website. Let me know if you try it, I’d love to hear your feedback.

I agree, there is something unique about his meditations and the ways he guides you through. I also love how he guides you into becoming consciousness, no body, no thing, etc., and it also takes me into outer space where I just float around as nothing but an awareness in the field of infinite possibilities. That particular meditation really brought up tears of joy for me, and the first time I did it a smile formed on my face while meditating that just stuck there :).

I’m also not a meditation guru. I’ve dabbled, picked it up, put it down, but was never consistent for longer than a month at a time. But like you said, I want to be like all the people he has helped and I AM a believer in the power of the mind over the body. I need it now more than ever.

I’m so glad we can chat about this on here!