Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 09-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
I believe Meditation to be likened to going to the gym. Various techniques of meditation increase focus, clarity, awareness, concentration and etc. I do believe that while going to the meditation gym is good, it's what you take out of the gym and what you use your own strength on in action during life that counts. I think of it like that Batman quote "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." This is where Mindfulness comes into the picture. I consider the goal of hitting the meditation gym is to take Mindfulness wherever one goes. Mindfulness is where it's at, and the goal is to maximize Mindfulness through Meditation.

Enlightenment to me is simply the Body/Mind/Spirit of an Individual functioning at 100% in the correct way. Of course I also believe that there will be "side effects" of functioning correctly, such as Kundalini Awakening. And I feel that at this stage of the process, everything becomes a Meditation since one has peaked their Mindfulness to the fullest.

Meditation MAY open the pathway of raising Energy which is called Enlightenment , but that is not as thought. Enlightenment is more a FEELING/Experience which is not meant to stay in meditation but to return with us as an Awakened state of BEING. It is not an end and not one will be perfect in this space ever. The perfected state is after this life, but Enlightenment is required to BREAK the bonds of Material clinging (attachments). After Enlightenment (Grace Consciousness) we still have lower chakra work to do. So it may seem to come and go for awhile. It may well be decades before we are firmly ROOTED in this JOYFUL EXPERIENCE and then we may be gone in an instant!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Experiencer
This correct way of enlightenment only works if you eat your spinach every day ;)
Old 09-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
I do believe all the chakras cause a specific state of mind when opened. Or maybe a specific state of mind can open the corresponding chakra.
But one can work on the chakras 1 to 7 with pranayama (breath control) too, in contrast to the chakras beyond the 7th.

Do you know the locations of the chakras 8 and 12 in the subtler bodies?

Once all 7 chakras are opened they merge and create more of a unified field that is from the heart.

All chakras beyond the 7th are really deeper layers of the heart or deeper layers of consciousness.

I have found the following levels to be very accurate.

- Conscousness......8 - universal human consciousness/layer
.................................. 9 - universal plant and animal consciousness/layer
..................................10 - planetary/galactic Conscousness/layer
..................................11 - multi/parallel dimension consciousness/layer
4 - Time.....................12 - time/layer
3 - Space...................13 - unified "oneness"
..................................14+ - deeper refinement with Various beings/Gods/Immortals
2 - Buddha/Wisdoms..Not really a level/layer, more the Full realization of Heart sutra. Can define or
......................:............... upgrade a Level 3 Space.
1 - Nirvan...................Kind of checking out of it all. Reintegration of Buddhamind and noble wisdoms. Primordial bubble.
0 - Emptiness............."Raw" or primordial emptiness
Old 13-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
Meditation MAY open the pathway of raising Energy which is called Enlightenment , but that is not as thought. Enlightenment is more a FEELING/Experience which is not meant to stay in meditation but to return with us as an Awakened state of BEING. It is not an end and not one will be perfect in this space ever. The perfected state is after this life, but Enlightenment is required to BREAK the bonds of Material clinging (attachments). After Enlightenment (Grace Consciousness) we still have lower chakra work to do. So it may seem to come and go for awhile. It may well be decades before we are firmly ROOTED in this JOYFUL EXPERIENCE and then we may be gone in an instant!

I do not mean to contradict but only to share experience...

It is a 'knowing'. It is a state where you're just being (like whatever it is ur at). You know that God/Life/Consciousness/whatever-u-call-it just is (u can't define it, it's beyond the human mind's understanding). The understanding that we are perfect just as we are at this precise moment in time. As perfect as we will be in the next moment in that precise time. Just being.

Theres awakening of the heart and awakening of the mind. Yes you can forget. And yes there comes the time when you don't forget anymore.

They say there is also the awakening of the gut, I do get gut feelings about stuff, but can't really explain this one.

And yes after awakening both positive & negative stuff are still experienced. But they are now just that, experiences. But underneath everything there is this core, this joy that always holds you.
Old 13-10-2015, 07:05 AM
Master
misfit nails it pretty solid there by saying it's about being as you are now.
Old 16-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Newbie ;)

Meditation, essentially listening, points best to the truth -- Life Itself -- beyond thoughts and emotions -- beyond experience.

Chakras, projections, kundalini, raising and lowering -- these are all thoughts and emotions. If said, they're now thought-about and experienced. If they are experienced, they necessarily come and go. What does not come and go is key -- what is overlooked, the most easy in the end.

Enlightenment is liberation of the mind -- freedom from the extremely difficult task of trying to be or trying to do or analyze (e.g. what is 100% correct). If one comes to know who am i -- if one wakes up -- liberation is possible. In fact it is one's birthright.
Old 20-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Enlightenment is knowing the Self. This may be achieved by meditating on self enquiry. You will never understand the Self with your mind since the mind springs out of the Self. You kan only realize the self by examine it. There are a lot of different methods of meditation and not all of them leads to self realization. You may experience states of harmony, bliss etc. but never realizing the Self. That is the ultimate goal of meditation for me.