Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2018, 11:38 AM
M.Tesla M.Tesla is online now
Knower
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 126
  M.Tesla's Avatar
NDE poll for opinions

hi everyone.

I am making this nifty poll to see what you all may think as I'm curious.

Are NDEs would you say they are...
1) healthy. (Because they can help one to gain perseoctive on life/death/rebirth/their place in life)
2) unnecessary for growth and finding out the truth

Are we NDEs would you say they are...
1) caused by the brain and body
2) an actual experience with the world of spirit

Are NDEs...
1) planned by the universe/soul/life path of the soul before birth
2) completely a random occurrence

Thank you.
Be well!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2018, 11:59 PM
kuurt kuurt is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 86
 
I don't believe they are caused by the brain or body because many people travel in spirit to love ones further away during an NDE and what they reported seeing that person doing ends up being correct. Or like one example, a guy floated above and saw a shoe on the roof that you can't see from any other angle. After his NDE he checked and there was indeed a shoe on the roof where he saw it.

I think an NDE can be planed before birth, but I don't think all of them are. I know one kid that drank so much alcohol that they had to revive him. I don't think that was planed before birth.

I think they can be healthy in some cases, but people can also get the wrong idea about the experience. Like some of the Christians who have had an NDE and had an experience of hell come back and warn everybody about how bad hell is and put the fear into people. Then their message becomes "fear is a real place and you better straighten up or you're going to end up there".

There is more than one book like that out there. What they would have discovered if they had progressed to a different stage of the NDE is that they would have likely left the hell planes. They put themselves in the hell experience, and they would have likely left it after asking for help or after they came to realize they were doing it to themselves.

I recommend the book "Blessing in Disguise: Another Side of the Near Death Experience" by Barbara Rommer. She categories less than positive near death experiences by stages. Apparently we go through different stages during these experiences. It sounds to me like those who only experienced hell didn't progress through all the stages. So they don't have a complete picture.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-08-2018, 12:39 AM
soulforce soulforce is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 173
  soulforce's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
hi everyone.

I am making this nifty poll to see what you all may think as I'm curious.

Are NDEs would you say they are...
1) healthy. (Because they can help one to gain perseoctive on life/death/rebirth/their place in life)
2) unnecessary for growth and finding out the truth

Are we NDEs would you say they are...
1) caused by the brain and body
2) an actual experience with the world of spirit

Are NDEs...
1) planned by the universe/soul/life path of the soul before birth
2) completely a random occurrence

Thank you.
Be well!


1) IMO neither.

2) Both.

3) I don't think anyone knows.
__________________
"Show your love everyday."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-08-2018, 12:45 AM
Tobi Tobi is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,402
  Tobi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
I recommend the book "Blessing in Disguise: Another Side of the Near Death Experience" by Barbara Rommer. She categories less than positive near death experiences by stages. Apparently we go through different stages during these experiences. It sounds to me like those who only experienced hell didn't progress through all the stages. So they don't have a complete picture.

It's interesting that you mention that, kuurt.
I was wondering the exact same thing myself and didn't realise the idea had been written about before. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Starman Starman is offline
Ascender
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 955
  Starman's Avatar
M. Tesla, you have narrowed your topic to Near-Death Experiences when in fact the larger question might be about experiences beyond this physical existence, or experiencing ourselves in the afterlife while we still have a viable physical body here on earth, of which a near death-experience is only one such method.

People also have out-of-body experiences not related to a near-death episode, or they might have an experience of expanded consciousness which takes them beyond this physical world, and that may not be related to a near-death episode either.

There may even be more but these are at least three that I am aware of, and I am also aware that near-death experiences receive most of the attention by the public in Europe and the Americas, while out-of-body experiences, and cosmic consciousness, may receive more attention elsewhere.

Whether it is an experience of expanded consciousness, commonly called an experience of cosmic consciousness, an out-of body experience, while sitting in meditation, etc., or a near-death experience, they all have the potential of revealing a greater truth about the afterlife.

Whether they are healthy or not depends on how they are handled by the person who experiences them. An while they have a great impact on people’s lives, I think they are not required for growth and development. They are not caused by the brain or body, rather they are caused by a person’s ability to let go of their brain and body. Whether they are planned by the “soul” before birth is a question I cannot answer, but I can say that I do not believe in random events.
__________________
"Life is like a box of chocolates." Forrest Gump
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 12,759
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Thumbs up

1, 2, 1

M.Tesla...you don't know me, hi.
Just saying I have prob read every NDE, STE...and every book from
The Other Side transmitted to someone here.
Hahaha...yes, I could be considered a nut.
But, I do know what I'm talking about ...because of my
own many Other Side experiences.
Love the topic.
__________________
.
"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death
by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13-08-2018, 02:17 AM
Colorado Colorado is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 606
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
I don't believe they are caused by the brain or body because many people travel in spirit to love ones further away during an NDE and what they reported seeing that person doing ends up being correct. Or like one example, a guy floated above and saw a shoe on the roof that you can't see from any other angle. After his NDE he checked and there was indeed a shoe on the roof where he saw it.

I think an NDE can be planed before birth, but I don't think all of them are. I know one kid that drank so much alcohol that they had to revive him. I don't think that was planed before birth.

I think they can be healthy in some cases, but people can also get the wrong idea about the experience. Like some of the Christians who have had an NDE and had an experience of hell come back and warn everybody about how bad hell is and put the fear into people. Then their message becomes "fear is a real place and you better straighten up or you're going to end up there".

There is more than one book like that out there. What they would have discovered if they had progressed to a different stage of the NDE is that they would have likely left the hell planes. They put themselves in the hell experience, and they would have likely left it after asking for help or after they came to realize they were doing it to themselves.

I recommend the book "Blessing in Disguise: Another Side of the Near Death Experience" by Barbara Rommer. She categories less than positive near death experiences by stages. Apparently we go through different stages during these experiences. It sounds to me like those who only experienced hell didn't progress through all the stages. So they don't have a complete picture.

True...but most religious people have been taught from early childhood about heaven and hell in church, directly and indirectly. Since we are energy, they create that experience of what they were taught and their beliefs when they pass over. We create our realities. Heaven and hell experienced are very much dictated by our emotions, beliefs and thoughts when we pass over. There is a really good movie made in another country about this. I will see if I can find it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13-08-2018, 02:22 AM
Colorado Colorado is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 606
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
It's interesting that you mention that, kuurt.
I was wondering the exact same thing myself and didn't realise the idea had been written about before. Thank you.

This is actually in the movie I want to find for you guys. I think the movie might be banned here in the states, Iím not sure....but it was on another forum. It showed people who passed over in negative states, fluctuated between realms depending on their negative emotions, beliefs and traumas. When they let it go, they were able to cross over again to another higher plane. It looked like a place to purge negative so the soul could move on to higher planes.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 13-08-2018, 02:27 AM
Colorado Colorado is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 606
 
As for my beliefs...I think we have a life path or goals we want to achieve spiritually. Some might be planned, some not. I think it’s always gone over before one incarnates here...since suicides especially have a higher risk of recommitting the same outcome life after life. I don’t know if they are healthy, I guess that would depend on each persons perspective. I do think the body can aide a NDE....I think everything biologically and energetically flow together in the process.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13-08-2018, 03:24 AM
M.Tesla M.Tesla is online now
Knower
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 126
  M.Tesla's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
1, 2, 1

M.Tesla...you don't know me, hi.
Just saying I have prob read every NDE, STE...and every book from
The Other Side transmitted to someone here.
Hahaha...yes, I could be considered a nut.
But, I do know what I'm talking about ...because of my
own many Other Side experiences.
Love the topic.
STE?
Ive been so elated since the NDE that occured in Mid-July.
1, 2 , 1 for me too
Be well
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums