Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Newbie ;)

Spiritual awakening group for South London - anyone interested?

I was led to post this after searching high and low online for any groups in London for people after a spiritual awakening has occurred, and who are finding the ego-less state difficult in the face of worldly obligations and expectations. (Dark night of the soul, meaninglessness, void...)

And I couldn't find any such group, yet I know there are many people who would welcome connecting with others who understand the awakening-out-of-ego process, making new friends even, sharing the deeper challenges they face in their daily lives.

I found an interesting post with comments, it's on the 'modern awakenings' blog, the post is 'depression after spiritual awakening' (sorry I can't post the url as I don't have enough posts, this is my first though I've been a reader for a while)....it's along these lines that I see there is a real need for people to be able to get together and just simply share with another human who understands exactly, how pointless life suddenly can be after awakening. Not to fix anything or each other, but just to share and in the process, know that we are not alone.

As for myself I had a profound spiritual awakening 11 years ago after which life changed considerably. I became a sort of spiritual guide, but even that seems pointless to me now. Now I am back at work (J.O.B) (still do soul plan readings with clients). After a recent second dark night of the soul the sense of pointlessness, in the absence of worldly goals, is stronger and nothing seems to be that much worth it anymore. The only thing that makes me feel alive is being involved in things to do with spiritual awakening and inner work

Friends are fewer. People's conversations are draining, and usually not uplifting. I find myself getting sucked into the negative energy and the best way to not have that happen is to not be there in the first place. So I'm left with few friends, and family that is draining too, but I don't miss people. I don't feel lonely per se. I feel lonely for God, for home. Regularly but in fleeting moments I experience bliss, deeper consciousness, lucid connection with animals, nature, higher beings, God. But much of the time it's either an underlying melancholy / sadness or a neutral sort of state where thoughts are fewer or non-existent. Though I don't feel the highs of the ego as I used to, nor the lows which I would call emotions such as anger, envy, hatred, jealousy etc. Life is experienced very differently to what it once was. If something emotional occurs it's much quicker getting back to neutral base that before.

What is missing in my life is like-minded, deep people. What doesn't appeal to me is meeting up with people discussing ways to be spiritually better, techniques, new age practices etc...I would like to meet with people who simply want to share authentically about their integration challenges following a spiritual awakening. Also we could read a thought-provoking passage, there would be group discussion, meditation, dance perhaps.

So do let me know if you would be interested in a group like this and you are near South East London!