Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-09-2019, 08:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

If you read the Bhagawad Gita, you will note that at Krishna’s behest, the Pandavas fought to defend Dharma. They didn’t yield. Yet, the acts as ordained played out.

Not reacting is not the same as tamely surrendering.

Can you not personally answer my questions?

Who is defending their family, is it Robert Adams?

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 08:26 AM
Master

What’s the point you wish to make?

Old 27-09-2019, 08:32 AM
Master
Quote:

What’s the point you wish to make?

Take a look at all my questions in my posts ..

You quoted Robert Adams observing life without ego, but you said he still cares.

I want to know who cares? I want to know who defends their family when ego is absent.

I want to know how there can be observation of one's family being murdered without one self identifying with what is happening.

You can't observe the murder of your family and care for your family and accept their fate without ego / self / identity being present.

I haven't had a straight answer to these questions..

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
When you say he cares, who cares? Robert Adams?

Robert Adams is reflected within self ego identity .

I thought the ego was absent?

You see this is why it doesn't add up ..

Acceptance is ego based also .. Do you see?

Who is in acceptance of the flow of life?

x daz x

Ok ... I missed reading this

Manifested in form, we are as such. Ego is association with form believing the mind-body construct to be all there is.

Realisation that we are an eternal awareness merely experiencing duality changes our perspective. We then no longer react or suffer although no doubt we continue to experience as pre-ordained.

Acceptance flows from the knowing above.

Edit/add: if the family is slaughtered and we cannot stop it (we must try however), we do experience it but yet accept and move on.

Old 27-09-2019, 08:42 AM
Master

“The trick is not to identify with the body and the world. And you do that by realizing, I is the culprit. You follow the I back to its source and then you wake up. And you will wake up as consciousness, not my consciousness or your consciousness, just consciousness.

The question also arises, how can we all be consciousness and yet be individual- ized to be aware that we're consciousness. It doesn't work that way. You are not individualized. You are one ultimate consciousness and we are that.

The finite mind cannot comprehend this, it’s beyond the conceptual thinking. For when you begin to think of yourself as consciousness, some of you tell me that you be- come dizzy thinking about that. But the idea again is not to think about it. For when you think about it you're using your mind. You have to become aware. The awareness has to awaken within you. And the awareness will tell you that you are consciousness. Without words, without thoughts, without reasoning, without questions. You are pure unadulterated consciousness but not as an individual, as all-pervading, as omnipresence.”

Robert Adams

Old 27-09-2019, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:

Ok ... I missed reading this

Manifested in form, we are as such. Ego is association with form believing the mind-body construct to be all there is.

Realisation that we are an eternal awareness merely experiencing duality changes our perspective. We then no longer react or suffer although no doubt we continue to experience as pre-ordained.

Acceptance flows from the knowing above.

Edit/add: if the family is slaughtered and we cannot stop it (we must try however), we do experience it but yet accept and move on.

Who Cares, Robert Adams ..

What Cares, Robert Adams?

Who defines Ego? Who defines beyond ego?

Who knows in order for acceptance to flow?

All you are doing is assigning beliefs to how things are in relation to how you perceive yourself, all this is Ego related.

This is what Adams is doing.

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 08:45 AM
Master

Not assigning beliefs, which is a thought construct but in actual knowing, for which the limitation of mind must be transcended.

Old 27-09-2019, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:

“The trick is not to identify with the body and the world.

Adams is doing this. This is why he cares. Do you not understand how this self ego reflection works?

This is why I ask you.. Who cares?

If ego is absent and there is only observation, then one wouldn't care because only 'YOU' SELF IDENTIFIED CARES ..

How can Adams care about his family when his family is identified with the body and the world.

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 10:34 AM
Master

@ God-Like ... what you wish to say about caring is not clear to me.

All Adams is saying is that our true Self is not the ego self associated with mind-body. He says our true self is Sat Chit Ananda or Brahman. To awake to this truth, we need to totally exit association with the mind body.

The mind body remains for earth life experience. But we now know by having seen that we are not this but That.

The shift involves an actual becoming or let us say, blossoming and so analysing it with the same limited mind we need to drop to get to what is beyond mind is futile.

Old 27-09-2019, 10:35 AM
Master

“"I am is God, I am is consciousness, I am is absolute awareness, I am is pure intelligence. I am that." That is correct.

And when you make that statement to yourself you do not stop to evaluate it. For if you evaluate it, you are using your mind to come to a conclusion. And you never come to a conclusion in your mind. The way the mind becomes weaker and weaker, is when you never come to a conclusion. For when you do not come to a conclusion the mind becomes stupefied. It's caught off guard. It doesn't know where it belongs. It loses its power.

You therefore say, "I am Brahman," which actually means, I Am is Brahman. That takes you away completely from your body. You do not even think about your body. I am is consciousness, I am is absolute reality, I am is sat-chit-ananda, I am was never born, can never die, I am. You do not think.”

Robert Adams