Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Newbie ;)

My journey so far

Hi all,

Although I’ve been visiting this forum for a while, I’ve decided I need to write a post to share my experiences and gauge people’s thoughts on my journey so far.

It all started around five years ago when I lost my other half in a tragic accident.
I’m not going to go into detail about how it happened and the impact it had on me, however, I’d like to mention that there were some symbolic “coincidences” around people and events at the time.
As an example, on one occasion completely randomly, he spoke about his death and what he wanted for his funeral a couple of weeks prior to the accident etc.

Anyway, I think it’s also important for me to mention that the bond we had was very strong.
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I had been in love before, but no relationship or feeling had even come close to this. If you can really connect with someone at a “soul level”..well this was it.

I have always considered myself to be a very level headed person, with my own opinions and not very easily influenced so following the accident, I wasn’t attempting to “find answers”. I was completely closed off to the possibilities as it was just too painful.

However, around January/ February time this year, I woke up one morning completely overwhelmed by the dream I had.
I remember this ball of white light, travelling through outer space and heading towards the sun. I was certain that was me as I was so fascinated by all the stars and planets I could see around me.
I remember the feeling of knowing everything, like everything made sense, like I finally understood my purpose and the bigger picture. It was just so so clear to me.
When I woke up, this feeling was still there for a brief moment. I thought to myself, “I’ve got it, it all make sense now, I must not forget!”.
Literally within a couple of minutes, whatever I thought I knew, was gone and I couldn’t remember what it was. However, I was left with this strong feeling for a few days afterwards that I had this knowledge and i tried to remember it so hard but I just couldn’t.

I thought about it over and over again as it just felt so real...
Up to that point I had heard of the concepts of the soul, reincarnation, astral travel etc but I had never explored any of these subjects as to be honest, I was just too sceptical.

However, after this dream, on the off chance, I went on youtube (where all serious research takes place of course) and after watching a video, I tried to astral project for the first time.

I got to the vibrations stage within seconds. I was really surprised and a little scared due to all the symptoms that accompanied this state. However, at one point, for a split second I saw this wooden door slam shut and it felt like what I can describe as the feeling of someone physically pushing you very hard or like very strong wind blowing in your face I suppose. It was like my body was impacted and was moved by this "force" but physically I was in the same spot.
I continued trying, however, I wasn’t able to “get out of my body”.

I have since tried various things, including guided past life regression (on youtube, of course) which I’m not going to go into, as well as various other exercises in my quest for answers.

Now, in July this year, I had a very strange dream. I was on holiday so naturally, I wasn’t spending any time focusing on the subject.

In the dream, I was at this really busy outdoor market and shopping around. I remember this kid came over and gave me a gift and said this was for me. This repeated maybe twice.
I then remember I started looking around me AND above me and asking “Who is here?”.
(Which by the way indicates to me that perhaps I was aware I was in a dream and felt someone’s presence?)
Suddenly, I was standing in front of this ball of bright white light.
I felt male energy, whatever this means in spiritual terms.
I remember asking, “Do I know you?”
The response was “We have met many times, and lived many lives”.
I asked if it was my ex partner, I wasn’t certain if it was or wasn’t.
I cannot remember the response to this question, but I feel there was more conversation after this.
I then remember saying, “I struggle to remember in the mornings, I won’t remember and I have to remember this”.
The response was, “It’s ok, you will remember this time”.

As I woke up, I kept my eyes closed. I couldn’t feel my body, my ears were ringing with the loudest buzzing noise, it was like the whole room was illuminated by this very bright white light in the middle of the night with all lights in the room off.
All of this went on for a while and gradually faded away after what felt like around 2 or 3 minutes.

Needless to say, I dream and think about him a lot, and although I have experienced similar symptoms during the vibrations stage, I had never ever woken up like this before. This is what made me feel like it could have been real, like I was supposed to receive a message maybe?
I’ve not been able to get the words out of my head ever since, “ We have met many times, and lived many lives.”

I then started reading up about visits from loved ones etc but I was wondering if any of you have ever woken up like this before or experienced something similar?
Could it be astral travel or a visit perhaps? Or am I just going crazy?

In terms of my journey, I’m really determined to astral project and travel.
However, I feel there’s this barrier I hit every time which I can’t go past and I don’t know where to go from here.

I remember these experiences in third person though. Is this normal?

Also, could you share any tips on how to ensure I remember my experiences?

And to the experienced travellers, how do you go about finding someone on the other side?

I have no one to talk to so I would appreciate some opinions.

Thanks for reading.
Old 16-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Master

Hi Dominicana

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you find some answers to your questions.

Firstly, sorry about your loss of someone special. It sounds as if he knew on some level that his time on Earth was coming to an end. What may seem to be a tragic accident may in fact be a predetermined Soul decision to leave the body at a certain time. For those left behind this may be devastating, but from a Soul perspective it is just a temporary separation.

Regarding your dream of January/February, it sounds if you were experiencing what is sometimes called Soul Travel, where you are identifying with Soul consciousness and seeing life from the greater perspective of the Soul. So you see the bigger picture and understand the purpose of it all.

But there is still the problem of trying to remember everything when returning to physical consciousness. I have read that we forget our experiences on awakening because of the limitations of the physical brain. Somehow these experiences have to be deeply impressed on the brain so we retain clear memories in waking consciousness.

It is common when trying to astral travel to reach a certain stage and then get stuck. Somehow we cannot get to the point of actual separation. Robert Bruce says that through persistent focus we exert pressure on the astral body until the exit reflex is triggered, and then separation is automatic. The difficulty is reaching the point where we trigger the exit reflex.

Regarding the dream in July where the male energy said “We have met many times, and lived many lives”. This male energy may have been a guide with a strong connection to you, perhaps a member of your Soul group.

I suggest that to learn more about this, you read Paul Elder Eyes Of An Angel: Soul Travel, Spirit Guides, Soul Mates, And The Reality Of Love. This is a very readable account of his experiences in leaving his body and being taught by such guides.

Read as much as you can about astral travel and find a method which resonates with you. The key to success is practice, practice and practice. Most of us who fail to leave the body tend to try for a while and then give up. Later we try again for a while and then again give up. This has been my story, but the times when I have persisted for long periods have been the times when interesting things begin to happen.

And some people recommend keeping a journal of all your attempts and experiences, to continually remind yourself of your goal to leave the body.

I hope this has been of some help.

Peace.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hi Dominicana

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you find some answers to your questions.

Firstly, sorry about your loss of someone special. It sounds as if he knew on some level that his time on Earth was coming to an end. What may seem to be a tragic accident may in fact be a predetermined Soul decision to leave the body at a certain time. For those left behind this may be devastating, but from a Soul perspective it is just a temporary separation.

Regarding your dream of January/February, it sounds if you were experiencing what is sometimes called Soul Travel, where you are identifying with Soul consciousness and seeing life from the greater perspective of the Soul. So you see the bigger picture and understand the purpose of it all.

But there is still the problem of trying to remember everything when returning to physical consciousness. I have read that we forget our experiences on awakening because of the limitations of the physical brain. Somehow these experiences have to be deeply impressed on the brain so we retain clear memories in waking consciousness.

It is common when trying to astral travel to reach a certain stage and then get stuck. Somehow we cannot get to the point of actual separation. Robert Bruce says that through persistent focus we exert pressure on the astral body until the exit reflex is triggered, and then separation is automatic. The difficulty is reaching the point where we trigger the exit reflex.

Regarding the dream in July where the male energy said “We have met many times, and lived many lives”. This male energy may have been a guide with a strong connection to you, perhaps a member of your Soul group.

I suggest that to learn more about this, you read Paul Elder Eyes Of An Angel: Soul Travel, Spirit Guides, Soul Mates, And The Reality Of Love. This is a very readable account of his experiences in leaving his body and being taught by such guides.

Read as much as you can about astral travel and find a method which resonates with you. The key to success is practice, practice and practice. Most of us who fail to leave the body tend to try for a while and then give up. Later we try again for a while and then again give up. This has been my story, but the times when I have persisted for long periods have been the times when interesting things begin to happen.

And some people recommend keeping a journal of all your attempts and experiences, to continually remind yourself of your goal to leave the body.

I hope this has been of some help.

Peace.

Thank you for your response and for taking the time iamthat. I really appreciate it.

Your input is actually really informative. I will do some research into it and will read the book you've recommended. Thank you.

You are right, we tend to just give up for a while eventually and persistence is important.
For me personally, initially I reached a point of obsession and I was so apathetic towards everything around me that it just felt like I was defeating the object - learning through living.

However, having spent some time reflecting, I now feel more confident in myself in terms of finding a balance.

I have been keeping a journal with all of my experiences and I've found this to be really useful as rereading it, I found a lot of detail that I wasn't able to remember.

Do you have any thoughts on why I may be remembering all of my experiences in 3rd person? Could it be just the way my brain interprets the memories? Is it common?

Thank you.
Old 22-11-2019, 08:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicana
Do you have any thoughts on why I may be remembering all of my experiences in 3rd person? Could it be just the way my brain interprets the memories? Is it common?

I really cannot say for certain. My best guess is that the personality which is experiencing all this is not our true identity. Our real identity is the Soul or Consciousness. The Soul views the antics of personality as a detached observer.

So we are like actors playing our roles in the dramas of our lives. Most people identify so strongly with personality that they think "I am doing this, I am doing that." The Soul simply observes as the non-doer with the attitude "She is doing this," or "He is doing that."

There may be better explanations, but that is the best I can come up with.

Peace
Old 29-11-2019, 05:06 PM
Master

Following on from my previous comment, last night I read something relevant in Within The Light by Cherie Sutherland, where she interviewed people who had experienced NDEs. Many of them reported becoming more psychic after their NDE, and one person reported having spontaneous out-of-body experiences as follows:

I was walking down the street one day and I suddenly found myself out of my body, and I was thinking "How can this be?" I was still walking down the street but I was a couple of paces behind, and I was looking at myself from behind and I could see every bit of myself. And I thought, "Oh, so that's how she looks." It was as if I was looking at somebody else, even thought it was myself, because I said "she". I didn't say "so that's how I look." I was very aware at that moment that I was just 'expressing' in this personality for a brief moment of time and that the 'real me' was the me outside.

Which seems to tie in with what I said previously.

Peace