Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 10-02-2015, 03:10 AM
Knower
I've been in contact with the other side since childhood....so I'm curious, everyone is speaking of how dangerous it is. What are the dangers?
Old 10-02-2015, 03:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldwiseone
I've been in contact with the other side since childhood....so I'm curious, everyone is speaking of how dangerous it is. What are the dangers?

Being in contact with the other side, also known as mediumship, is different from necromancy which is calling up the souls of the dead for us in divination or certain forms of magic. It's all a bit confusing isn't it, lol
Old 17-02-2015, 04:03 AM
Knower

So to me the big question is how to you raise souls from the dead? If its not allowed to be discussed here can someone pm me?
Old 17-02-2015, 05:06 AM
Master

It's easier for you to read about it than me try to explain it - www.enochian.org/necromancy.shtml
Old 23-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Seeker

Much like the others in this forum I am still a bit confused on the differences between necromancers and mediums. I have noted the use of physical components, rituals, and summoning of specific spirits that necromancers have brought up, however I have known of mediums who behave this way as well. I am just wondering if there is a difference between the two lables.
Old 24-02-2015, 04:44 AM
Master

You can make an appointment with a medium and they will give you messages from your loved ones who have passed and are on the other side. Most mediums come by this talent naturally but you can take courses and lessons.

Necromancy is a form of dark magic whereby the practitioner works rituals in the hopes of raising the souls of the dead (not necessarily their loved ones) to help them divine and also to learn hidden knowledge.

Again here are some explanations for you: wizardforums.com/Thread-Dangers-of-Necromancy
Old 24-02-2015, 06:11 AM
Suspended

Necromancy, Isn't really all that dangerous honestly, unless you're a rude prick or you start calling on big concepts right off the bat. Show humility when dealing with others always, especially spirits that don't have a lot to lose on account of being dead and all.

But death's not a bad guy, he's an arbiter of change. and a true necromancer is one who drapes himself in the magics of death. if you think you're going to perform resurrections or make zombies, you're absolutely not. but if you want to learn how to communicate with spirits from the afterlife and help the healing processes associated with death, it could be your calling.
Old 24-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Seeker

The issue with most of the necromancy descriptions in this forum is that they could easily apply to mediums I am aware of. Admittedly I am an idiot, but most of what is described appears to be semantics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Again here are some explanations for you: wizardforums.com/Thread-Dangers-of-Necromancy
If this forum is consistent with most necromancers then I would use it as future reference. Mentioning death energy seems like a clear distinction. Thank you for the link and clarification Jenny Crow.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Checkmate.

As far as I know mediumship is used to convey messages from the dead mostly loved ones. Necromancy has more to do with ritual work like raise the souls of the dead for reasons, evocation, even finding a new host for a spirit. Stuff like that I guess.