Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 27-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Forest Wood

"Thank God," they said...

I decided to sit back, call upon my angels and guides, and spend a certain period of time talking to them. I wasn't expecting to receive anything back, knowing my current inability to listen to them, but I was content enough with speaking my mind with the hope that they'd be listening to me. But it's one of those things where I'd gain from it even if nobody was listening to me, as I was freeing various thoughts from my mind.

When it was all said and done after I gave my thanks for many reasons, and made a request for the sake of helping a certain situation pass through without a problem, I suddenly realised I was singing a song/hymn from my childhood. It was very random, so I decided to investigate the lyrics of the song, as I've heard that angels and guides can also communicate through music.

I don't think the song I found was the exact version I knew as a child, considering it included additional lyrics, but a section of it caught my attention. It read:

'...lift my hands and tell God, "Thank you," 'cause he's the one who helped me make it through.'

I sat there thanking my angels and guides for everything, but I felt as though the song came through as a reminder to thank God, for it is in fact him who has helped me move forward. I'm not actually religious, and I don't know how I feel about the existence of a God, so I don't usually pray, but I decided to give it a go and provided my thanks and my request to God.

I once heard that angels and the like do not like to be praised and thanked too much, as they don't want to be seen as being higher than God. I wouldn't know of the comment's legitimacy.
Old 27-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Ascender
Well its good to say thank you to your guides and angels. But I think I see thier point. They like being thanked and you talking to them and having a friendship but they do not want you worshup them. There is a line between thanking them and prazing them and worshuping them, and I think they are just leting you know that.

But that is just my own guess. Somthing I could see happen to any one. Its not unheard of espeshly if they saved your life and you look up to them more grately. Some times, we can be over emotional or somthing and without thinking, veiwing them as high as a god/goddess. But, I do know, if this happens, they will not be mad at you and forgives you. I know, in some cases, it cant be helped.

Bless Be<3
Old 27-02-2012, 07:34 PM
JoanOfArc67

I thank my Angels for their help, it feels right to do so and I'm pretty sure they don't mind although I'm sure they don't expect praise.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:46 AM
MYFIGO

I'm not religious either... but I very much believe in God and the angels. I'm glad you had such a lovely experience.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Arfie

I believe appreciation is better received than focused gratitude. I appreciate the wonders of a universe so rich with love and sharing. I offer gratitude to the cop who let me slide on the traffic violation.