Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I don't take anything out of context. If I did, it would be whitewashing by trying to defend it. No my friend, I'm sticking very closely with the bible. There are literally bible passages about child murder and infanticide...

''Blessed is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.'' Psalm 137:9

And how do you know the destroyer was Satan? It could be an angel working under god as well.

Satan himself is under God's authority.Remember the story of Job, that's how Satan operates.Remember, it was the blood of the lamb, it's a reference to the blood of Jesus that was shed for all.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

See who comes to destroy.

Remember Noah's flood, 8 people survived.When God chooses to destroy entire nations, including every living creature, that is because their evil is so great that there's no other option.The canaanites had 400 years if I remember correctly, 4 generations, to repent, all did evil beyond imagination.The things we now hate in our culture ( of course, some try to make them legal and normal ), including rape and pedophilia, child sacrificing, were something normal for them.

By the way, you just did that with that psalm, read the context, understand what psalms represents.God gave His word in different times, times of war and times of peace and most of the old testament is addressed to the jews from back then.Now, we under God's grace, a different season, but it won't last too long.The last season is the season of the end time, the final book in God's chapter, when it will end, a new Earth and a new Heaven will be created for the believers of Christ and God Himself will be on Earth forever and ever.
Old 15-01-2019, 06:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Satan himself is under God's authority.Remember the story of Job, that's how Satan operates.Remember, it was the blood of the lamb, it's a reference to the blood of Jesus that was shed for all.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

See who comes to destroy.

Remember Noah's flood, 8 people survived.When God chooses to destroy entire nations, including every living creature, that is because their evil is so great that there's no other option.The canaanites had 400 years if I remember correctly, 4 generations, to repent, all did evil beyond imagination.The things we now hate in our culture ( of course, some try to make them legal and normal ), including rape and pedophilia, child sacrificing, were something normal for them.

By the way, you just did that with that psalm, read the context, understand what psalms represents.God gave His word in different times, times of war and times of peace and most of the old testament is addressed to the jews from back then.Now, we under God's grace, a different season, but it won't last too long.The last season is the season of the end time, the final book in God's chapter, when it will end, a new Earth and a new Heaven will be created for the believers of Christ and God Himself will be on Earth forever and ever.

The entity known as 'the Destroyer' is NOT Satan. It most likely refers to the Angel of Death, known as Azrael or the ''destroying angel'' in abrahamic religions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destroying_angel_(Bible)

Nothing points out that it is really Satan. God's angels aren't cute cherubs, but powerful divine beings capable of powers beyond our own measure who won't shy away from committing mass murder and genocide if god commands them to do so. God doesn't need Satan at all to pour his wrath on humans.

And I'm aware of the psalms. But nothing you say takes away the fact that god ordered mass genocide which includes innocent children. In times of war, God as the creater and father of all humans should be the perfect example of peace and love rather than commanding even more bloodshed. If we are living under 'god's grace' it isn't fair for all those other people who lived in the ancient times and didn't get the same treatment.
Old 15-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Master
Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. “This is what you are to do,” they said. “Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin.” Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.......... More nasty stuff if your read it all
Old 15-01-2019, 06:24 PM
Master
Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder ....... Read the rest, but it's nasty.
Old 15-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
The entity known as 'the Destroyer' is NOT Satan. It most likely refers to the Angel of Death, known as Azrael or the ''destroying angel'' in abrahamic religions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destroying_angel_(Bible)

Nothing points out that it is really Satan. God's angels aren't cute cherubs, but powerful divine beings capable of powers beyond our own measure who won't shy away from committing mass murder and genocide if god commands them to do so. God doesn't need Satan at all.

And I'm aware of the psalms. But nothing you say takes away the fact that god ordered mass genocide which includes innocent children. In times of war, God as the creater and father of all humans should be the perfect example of peace and love rather than commanding even more bloodshed. If we are living under 'god's grace' it isn't fair for all those other people who lived in the ancient times and didn't get the same treatment.

Should I remind you what happened to Jesus, God Himself? You see... the creatio was left in Satan's hands because this is what, we, the people, want... when we get closer to God, God gets closer to us, but when we go away, He goes away and we are left with Satan.
Old 15-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Master
More Murder Rape and Pillage in
Deuteronomy 20:10-14).

Lots more I could post but it's not worth reading, very nasty.
Old 15-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Should I remind you what happened to Jesus, God Himself? You see... the creatio was left in Satan's hands because this is what, we, the people, want... when we get closer to God, God gets closer to us, but when we go away, He goes away and we are left with Satan.

It isn't what the people 'want'. Compared to God, we are nothing but naive and ingnorant children. Instead of correcting us in a loving and gentle way like any parent would, he threatens with death and destruction to his very own children if we don't live up to his demands.
Old 15-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder ....... Read the rest, but it's nasty.

John 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

If this is your goal here, to be against God, so be it.

You are not the first and not the last using these tactics, many have tried before you, many, the same patterns.
Old 15-01-2019, 06:50 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
It isn't what the people 'want'. Compared to God, we are nothing but naive and ingnorant children. Instead of correcting us in a loving and gentle way like any parent would, he threatens with death and destruction to his very own children if we don't live up to his demands.

If You know what is more better for God to do, why don't you call yorself "a God" and take His place?

Isaiah 45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
Old 15-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Master
Quote:
John 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

If this is your goal here, to be against God, so be it.

You are not the first and not the last using these tactics, many have tried before you, many, the same patterns.

Tactics?????? biblical teachings..What do you think of this, it is disgusting,

Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

I rest my case