Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 06-03-2011, 06:04 PM
617zBB

Bunny New HERE

Hi Im a 22 yr old girl from the hood. If anyone knows about the hood its the most low conscious environment to grow up in, where the meaner you are the cooler you are and if you are a nice person you are weak.
Ive been stuck around low conscious people for most of my life and I am tired of it. I am really trying to find spiritually evolved people to have meaningful conversations with. I am glad to have found this website and hopefully meet some real conscious people.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Foodmuse

Welcome fellow Traveler
617 I think you found a cool place on your path. I am rather new here too, but not new to the concepts up brought by u. I also grew up in a city that found manners to be a sign of weakness. Left as soon as I could, only to return a few times and realize just cause I was raised there didn't mean I belonged there. Same with my "birth" family. Had to leave them too. But, it's all good. I am at peace with it all. Fulfilled my karmic debt and have moved on.
Beams of Light, Foodmuse
Old 06-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Master
Hey 617, a big welcome to the forum from me.

Hope you find what you're looking for, lots of nice folks here.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:46 AM
SerquetAsa

Hello!!

I didn't have the upbringing as such that you did, but I have lived in an area where, if you keep to yourself, no one bothers you, but the second you start running your mouth, or asking questions at all, you're in for a bout of trouble.
The place we are in now is beautiful and fantastic, and small, so it has very little threat in any way.
I definitely understand where you are coming from.

I joined this site yesterday and have managed to accumulate almost 100 posts, because it is so amazing here.
I've spent years searching for a place like this, and finally found it.
I just can't get enough!

Hope you feel the same!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:52 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617zBB
Hi Im a 22 yr old girl from the hood. If anyone knows about the hood its the most low conscious environment to grow up in, where the meaner you are the cooler you are and if you are a nice person you are weak.
Ive been stuck around low conscious people for most of my life and I am tired of it. I am really trying to find spiritually evolved people to have meaningful conversations with. I am glad to have found this website and hopefully meet some real conscious people.

Welcome 617zBB I think you will fit right here in our neighborhood!

nightowl
Old 07-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Master
Hi newb, glad you stumbled onto our little place.

Welcome~*

Old 07-03-2011, 02:15 AM
Pathfinder

welcome to the forum!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:26 AM
mattie

Well On Your Way

You have already made an important step, separating your self from a disempowering environment. Don’t waste time on focusing on others’ journey. Focus on yours.

It seems you are already defining your self by your own mindset, not where you have been & this is great. Many have come from your same situation to achieve whatever they wanted to. Energetically it is said that those who are placed (choose to be) in the most difficult situations are the ones who achieve the most learning in this lifetime. Some who are in situations like yours are there to be illuminating points of light.

There are many in what would be considered normal suburban-type situations where we don’t have others around us who are like-minded as far as being spiritually evolved, so don’t feel you’re not finding those of similar beliefs is unique to the hood. This isn’t to imply that life in the hood equates to normal neighborhoods in any way, but just to note that sometimes those who have different beliefs are not around others w/ similar beliefs regardless of their environment.

Newbie→Lightworker→Wayshower
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post150153

Give your self abundant credit for having the wisdom & strength to separate your self from the environment you are from. TRUST that you have the ability to continue to make the connections you need to nourish your self spiritually/energetically regardless of where you are.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Venus

Welcome I understand you 4 years ago I quit my job as a fitness model/dancer to study religion full time lost my condominium had no supportive family at the time to take me in and lived in a shelter for 2 months.I know the hood but I chose spirituality at the time now i am back to work and successful again.The "hood" is a life experience from an angle I was never used to. I considered it living as a monk but worst because I was with transvestite hookers and crack addicts who me being of good nature I befriended them and the crack users attempted to reform by me setting a positive example.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:23 PM
grazier

Hello there,

welcome to SF, a brilliant site. Glad to have you on board.

Blessings

grazier