Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-09-2015, 12:55 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you Aguia for taking the time to explain things to me and reply :)

Are you going directly into the state where you can come out or are you falling asleep for some minutes before? (I ask this just because I am interested :
I usually seem like I fall asleep and then my sleeping self with astral project
It seems like I suddenly realize I'm astral projecting and try to gain control and consciousness and can.. sort of but lose control and it seems more like a dream.

A majority of everything does look like the physical world which made more sense to me.. and most of it wasn't too dream like haha. I didn't have any random random dream things happen.

I sadly did not have any OBE last night,
I did the usual mental methods. I even woke up at 3 am and tried obe.. but i guess I just ended up falling asleep.

I just feel like if I can get past the falling asleep part that I would have more conscious control.. I just always fall asleep! Even when trying to concentrate on breathing and heart beating. haha
Old 10-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Master

The author Buhlman says as soon as you get out of your body, say in a loud voice as many times as need, awareness now. I find it is very helpful but not quite enough. I need to get my awareness by touching my head, arms, ground, walls etc. I do not like feeling it is a bit like a dream. I like to be in full control just like I am physically. Try not to be concerned if you do not ap, there is always tomorrow. I do not think we can always be successful but I try to be.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Pathfinder

OBEs with little consciousness are not that bad. Of course it is good to have full daytime-consciousness, but it is far more helpful to be less conscious to learn more about yourself! "Full control" is good in the beginning, but later when you want to learn more, it is not the only thing!
But I think astralsuzy's advice is good, all the same. And you can try out to concentrate on details to gain consciousness. It has a double-effect, because the more details you see, the more conscious you get (usually).

And yeah, you won't have random and chaotic dream things happening in an OBE. It is uninterrupted (there are exceptions, but that goes to far here) and logical.

It's not the end of the world if you do not success to have an OBE every night. Calm down! Try it when you have enough time. It is far better than trying every night without having the nerves and the time!
I am falling asleep very often :-) But gradually it may happen that after falling asleep you will get into an OBE state, with little consciousness. You will recognize that and have the chance to gain more consciousness.
AND the most interesting OBEs you have are not the intentionally induced OBEs, but spontaneous OBEs! It happens that you are somewhere, someplace, suddendly, and you didn't experience the "coming out"! But it is clearly no dream and it is real.
The more you train OBEing, the easier your astral/ etheric body will seperate from the physical body. Sometimes it will maybe happen even if you did not use any method

But tell me one more thing: did you feel something when you hugged your horse? Did it really feel as if it was your horse? Was it a living creature or rather a dreamlike picture? It is important to distinguish real beings from dream-pictures or projections of your mind/ subconscious.

I will search for a few useful links for you and post them later. :-)
Old 10-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Pathfinder

Sorry, I am not allowed to post links yet -.- But I will save them for you and post them later!
Old 11-09-2015, 03:09 AM
Pathfinder

Yeah I do try to obe every night just to keep up on the practice.
I seem to wake up at 4 now every morning and I try to OBE at that time, but just end up falling asleep...grrrr lol
Some people say that you need to get out of bed, do something for a little while, THEN go back to bed and try to obe.
What do you think of that method?

Yes my I hugged my horse it was her and it felt exactly like she feels. So I know for sure it was real,

I look forward to your links.. can you send them in a pm to me? or no?
Old 11-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Pathfinder

I sent the links to you via pm :-)

If you have the time, you can practice every night, but do not stress yourself, okay?

And it is great that you wake up 4 a.m. every morning!!!! I have the same and it is the best time for inducing OBEs. As I said, it is not bad when you fall asleep - I am falling asleep nearly everytime, but nevertheless I have an OBE afterwards. Ah, there is one thing I forgot - you can try the false awakening method, I will sent another link to you in a minute. It is a method which I used, too.

The "getting out of bed, doing something and then inducing OBE" helps. I am always going to the toilet before I induce an OBE xD It helps to stand up and doing something for a while, because this will make you more alert. It will then be easier to concentrate.

And it is great that you met your real horse!!! You can communicate with her far better in the astral layers, because you have the telepathy and empathy skills in the astral body. If you meet her next time, or your dog, you can try this out, if you want. Just trying to sense what and how they feel and think.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Lucid Walker

@LeoAngel

I know what you mean, to start off with that heaviness kinda drained weak feeling you have when projecting is comon. Its happened to me many times. I've only had about a 5% success rate in increasing my lucidity after that drained state. TIP: next time you're sluggish and its hard to move or really see try looking at your hands and rubbing them together. You see what happens is the less lucid you are the more heavy and disorented things get. You gotta find ways to become more lucid in the actual projection. Rubbing hands, Flying, moving around, spinning around, etc.

Spirit Guides. I myself have recently been trying to find a spirit guide and I read this nice peice of info on some old script from the monks or something idk where it came from it was online. It said find a star in the sky and project towards it with the intent of meeting your guide and I tried this last night and I ended up in a black void where I could of exited into an unlimited amount of different "dream dimentsions" but due to my lack in experience in the black void I just kinda stayed in it falling.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Pathfinder

@ LeoAngel and Lucid Walker:

Talking about "spirit guides" - I think this term is used for a variety of beings which help you - this help can be during your life (without you recognizing!), or for learning the principles in the astral world, the principles of Karma, they help you with spiritual development etc. They can be just "helpers", or they can be real teachers, even like parents or best friends. It depends. And there are e.g. astral humans, which know you from another life, up to very high and envolved beings like deities, "angels", whatever. It does not matter how we call them, but we have to keep in our mind that there are many kinds of beings and they all have their own opinions, interests, character, attitudes etc. They are in no way beings like "guardians" which are guarding you every second. This is nonsense - in former times, people believed that "guardian angels" even watch you while brushing teeth. In fact it is not their task to watch over you all the time. But if you need help, are in danger or something, they will help you. And it can even be (or is normal!) that they help you in subtle ways so that things get easier for you, without you recognizing.
However. My experience is, when you need help, you get it. When there is a reason that they show up, they'll do. They have a far greater insight in our lives than we have, so they will always know what helps and what not. You can always trust in them.
But that does not mean we can't do anything or we are helpless! No way. Our decisions are the most important thing, our own attitude, how we decide to live etc. That means, our development lies in our hands for the most part.
So, coming back to attempts of calling them: if they don't show up, it has a reason. It can be that in the layer where we are, we can't see them (e.g because their vibrancy is higher and more subtle than the vibrancy of the very low layers, so it is not possible for them to gain form). Or it can be that they think it wiser when we do not meet them yet, because there could be unforeseen influences. It can be many reasons and I sometimes have later been told by one what the reason was that he/ she didn't show up.
However, you can call them with your heart always. For the first contact, it helped me to write on a sheet of paper something like: "I want to meet my spirit guide because I want to find out if I am guarded and secure." Just write your reasons. Just ask them for it. Then you burn that piece of paper, and in the nights after you have done this (you should do it only once) you will get an answer, in a dream, in a first contact, whatever. You can also just ask for them when you're in the astral body.
Just one more advice: when you do it very often and nevertheless no one shows up, don't be frustrated. I believe we all have a kind of "spirit guide", nobody is alone down here.

So, I talked a lot, sorry for that

@ Lucid Walker: your experience is very interesting. You say there were many kinds of gates through which you could have gone. Gates which led into different "dimensions". This is great! Can you describe more precisely what you have experienced, details, what you have felt etc.? Did you just "know" in a kind of "inner knowing" that the gates would lead into different layers, or did someone say that to you? It sounds freaking good. I did not have this kind of experience yet, though some slightly similar things.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Lucid Walker

@Aguia

Well when I started flying towards the star in the sky I randomly chose I kept thinking the intent that I wanted to meet a guide and I had the inner belief that what I was doing was going to bring me to one, I felt myself flying towards the star up in the air but the star never appeared to get bigger and I didnt appear to get closer but I was still flying towards it. After about 7-10 seconds the "dream world" kinda just fell apart like disolved and I was just in a black void with no up or down left or right but I was just kinda falling around in it. I just knew with that inner knowing you're talking about that I could exit into wherever I wanted to. It was kinda like, whatever I imagined or intended to go, thats where I would have exited the void kinda like loading a place in the matrix if you get what im saying but I didnt know exactly where to go or how to materialize it, it ended in about 15 seconds. I didnt feel any fear in the void or anything and I was still very much lucid. its not the first time ive entered a void and the other times werent by flying towards a star.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Pathfinder

@ Lucid Walker

This is really interesting what you have experienced. Did you fly very fast? Then it could be a tunnel phenomenon. Tunnels are "border symbols", which means they imply that you are changing from one area (of concsiousness, of vibrancy, whatever) to another. And however, you actually did.
Or was it rather slowly, or in a "normal" velocity? And did you feel something like wind, or "floating" like in water?

After about 7-10 seconds the "dream world" kinda just fell apart like disolved and I was just in a black void with no up or down left or right but I was just kinda falling around in it.

I guess that could be the point where you entered a new "place", but it seems a very interesting place and I am sure you could have "loaded a place in the matrix", as the inner knowing said to you. You obviously could have had access to any place.
Maybe you will get there again and try this out.