Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 08-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
We have different views on what being a pagan means. There are no manuals or teachers for this. Being pagan comes from the heart, not from knowledge - it's comes from experience of living a pagan life style. I have never had teachers or even read a "pagan" book, I just wandered the Land for decades and found where I belonged, and listened to what Nature had to tell me. Being pagan is an emotional thing !

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I agree that being pagan is an emotional thing, it's always interested me however. Thanks for all the suggestions of books to read and I'll check out amazon & order some. I'm open to reading anything from different people's perspectives of what a Pagan is.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:03 AM
Ascender

Which answers the original poster's question, fair enough: Ask two different pagans what to believe and you'll get five different answers. Peace out!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
Which answers the original poster's question, fair enough: Ask two different pagans what to believe and you'll get five different answers. Peace out!

Agreement at last
Old 22-03-2014, 06:32 AM
talking crow

Funny, Albalida and norseman, you have different suggestions on books and like you said probably have some "different views," but I like them both. The suggestions, and your views. :) I, personally, have enjoyed reading academic books on paganism and the history there, but have also been inspired by things I've read by Starhawk and other authors who may be categorized as "non-scholarly" possibly with "made up names". So, I'd say, check out both!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Raeona_Storm

Yeah, when I first started learning about Paganism I was warned against anything made by Silver RavenWolf
Old 24-04-2014, 04:49 PM
NightPrincess

I don't call myself a Pagan. I prefer the word "Heathen" because my path is Asatru.
Old 25-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Master
One word - FREEDOM ! - shout it loud. Individuality, personal responsibility. Although, I have never met a pagan who was not "Green" in outlook.
Old 28-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightPrincess
I don't call myself a Pagan. I prefer the word "Heathen" because my path is Asatru.

Me too. Though pagan is easier.