Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 26-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Pegasus

Animal Spirit Guides

Does anyone know how you can find out if you have an animal spirit guide please? And if so, which animal it is....?

Also is this the same as having a Totem Animal...?

Many thanks

X
Old 27-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Master

A spirit guide can be a human, or an angel, or an earth bound spirit such as a fairy. Or an animal. They are there, seen or unseen to you, and give what help and advice they have.

A totem animal is something else. Less personal, if you like. More like a family heritage or a bloodline you are one small part of, only spiritual rather than organic. Certain traits which are yours because your soul hails to that particular flag. If I have understood this correctly we do not choose the totem any more than we choose what family tree we are in.

But blood shows. One way or another.
Old 13-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Dante1709

May I also mention that there are animal spirit guides that stick with you for life, and also others that stop by? (Forget the terms for both).

A great book on animal spirit guides is Animal Spirit Guides by Chris Luttichau. It teaches how to meet your power animal, what traits each animal brings, and a few other shamanic tips (how to lucid dream..etc)
Old 13-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Ascender

I highly recommend "Fur and Fang, Blood and Bone" by Rebecca Luxa (under the pen name Lupa).
Old 27-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus
Does anyone know how you can find out if you have an animal spirit guide please? And if so, which animal it is....?

Also is this the same as having a Totem Animal...?

Many thanks

X

Try shamanic journeying and setting the intention to meet yours.
Old 28-03-2014, 03:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
Try shamanic journeying and setting the intention to meet yours.

Since true shamanic journeying takes a long time to become adept at it - maybe even years - and should first be tried with a person there who has experience in it, I would suggest try meditation.
Old 28-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Master

Hm - not quite JennyCrow - there are courses where you can learn it in a weekend. Sure it needs proper tuition and guidance but I learnt in a group of 50 or so and we first went to the lower world and then to the upper world. There are quite a few of these courses to learn a basic journey.

Regarding totem animals well have a good google. I never know the difference but have just rocked up a spider sitting on my crown which - after careful engagement - declares that it has been with me since birth and will stay the course with me. Others will come and go according to what I need.

Not sure where you are Pegasus but if you google shaman beginners weekend there are some in London / Lancaster that I know of ?
Old 29-03-2014, 04:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Hm - not quite JennyCrow - there are courses where you can learn it in a weekend. Sure it needs proper tuition and guidance but I learnt in a group of 50 or so and we first went to the lower world and then to the upper world. There are quite a few of these courses to learn a basic journey.
?

You maybe did it as a guided meditation/visualization, but I doubt you left your body and actually crossed the hedge.

Were entheogens used?