Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Lex

I hate to say it. I'm not usually quite so cynical, but I think a large part of recent "attitude" changes within the church hierarchies is likely due more to a shortage of priests and ministers than anything else. I read recently that the Catholic church, in particular, is closing many of their churches. Why? The number one reason - lack of priests. The number two reason - the churches aren't making a profit. I kid you not.

During my latest trip to Rome, I visited St Peter's. I stood in a very long line for the chance to ride an elevator 3/4 way up to the top of the basilica and then, to walk 340 very narrow, very steep steps to actually walk around the top of the dome and look down on the backs of the 12 apostle saints statues. Judging by the number of people and the cost for this privilege, I estimated the Catholic church took in between 900 thousand and 1 million Euro...daily -
seven days a week!

Inside you can light a prayer candle in any of the several chapels. That costs 20 cents to turn on an electric candle that burns for about 10 minutes.

My point? Hmmm, I guess I got a little off track. My point...the decision to hire gay ministers and priests in not so much due to a change in dogma or policy; rather, it is an act of expediency and marketing.
Old 22-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Student4Life1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?
buddism?

i'm not sure. but if there isnt one, then its not worth pursuing anyways...
Old 27-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarletmoon
I'm looking for a belief system that will not consitantly say i'm going to hell because i'm a lesbian....do u know of any?

there's NO "hellfire" many don't understand what Jesus really mean here,(Matt.25:41-Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels), (if hell suppose to be a place where demons reside, and wicked dead are tortured. then why did Jesus say an everlasting fire would be waiting for them? how can fire destroy demons,if the ALREADY live there,waiting to "burn us with fire?

and notice this...(Jonah 2:1,2- Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly,And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.( was Jonah being tortured by demons?, was there fire in the fish belly?…no!). and (Psa.16:8-11- shows David ,(a faithful man) ,talking about God not leaving his soul in hell, not even to see corruption, (decaying). Notice David saying… “my flesh also shall rest in hope“ (if the false teachings of hell was a place demons torture the wicked and sinners, why would David say “his flesh shall rest? Hell wouldn‘t be in a place of resting).

it's a false teaching, Because Jesus means total destruction, since fire totally destroys things)!

i don't mean to be offenseive,but ANY..who has a place of worship for those living the lifestyle. are NOT ministers of Jehovah God,and most definately NOT followers of Jesus. to focus on Jesus for a bit,(because many are taught Jesus is the Father). he would NOT go against what his Father wants. if his Father is against the lifestyle,so will Jesus be. therefore Jesus would NOT choose any to teach it's ok. because he and is Father is of one,(John 10:30 I and my Father are one). meaning not that they are the same being,as many are taught).

true ministers of God,though they would teach AL men,they WON'T go against God's word. and Jehovah,his son Jesus, and ALL Heavenly beings feels this way...(Levi.Levi.-18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. 18:23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion).

this isn't to say God doesn't love us, but many refuse to live the way God says we should. many of us don't want to follow the truth,not to mention even learn it, (Pro.1:28-31 ,Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices). so for the many who say,"god answers every prayer" no he doesn't, because many either don't want to serve him,or serve him right!

still he wants us to change the way we onced lived,our wordly ways...
(1).1John 2:15,16- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

(2).Rom.12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God,(Christians must change their worldly ways).

(3).1Pet.1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance.(servants of Jehovah shouldn’t do the things they once did that goes against God).

yet many will see these words,(not even mine), and try to ignore them but trying to made them mean something else. these are the ones who will lose their lives,but NOT go to a hellfire. God loves ALL of us,even those who don't either love him,or believe in him. but he's NOT one to play with,(Gal.6:7 -Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap).

many wants to live their life the way they choose,yet say i follow Jesus. believing in Jesus, alone isn't going to save anyone. this includes all of us who say we follow Jesus. we must live in accordance to Jesus Father's will,
(Matt.7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). so those who tell you,you're going to a false hell/hellfire. really need to go place themselves in check. because many who say "lord, lord" are some of the biggest fornicators and adulterers. sitting in their place of worship yelling " hallelujah", not believing they're on that same road to destruction.

if you want to follow Jesus, truely, you have to do research on how God feel concerning your lifestyle. Learn what Jesus said concerning his Father's words. then you have to figure out,if you're more important than Jesus and his Father Jehovah God. if you're honest with yourself,you'll know what road to travel. if you choose the latter, then as the scriptues above shows. you HAVE to change your old ways. i wish you the best, peace
Old 29-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Master

I have not read the other responses. I have not heard of any friendly gay religions. I have no time for religions that discriminate against people. I believe God does not discriminate against people who are gay or are different in any way. I stay away from religions that put fear into people and if they do not accept you for what you are. What sort of religion is that? You are better off without it. You do not need that rubbish.
Old 22-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Pernix

Angel1

Pandeism .. btw I am a Pandeist and would welcome you with open arms with Peace, Love and Joy

look up the Padeism on the Youtube and select Padeism it explains it quite well
Old 22-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Experiencer
I've never seen any discrimination against gays in offline Buddhist groups.

Old 26-08-2011, 04:35 AM
truther

THE AGAPE CENTER IS VERY GAY FRIENDLY!
Old 26-08-2011, 08:09 AM
indiesongwriter

There are a lot of UCC churches (United Church of Christ) that are open and accepting. Also, the Quakers and the Unitarians are often very progressive. There is actually a website called gaychurch.org that lists all the lgbtq friendly churches that they know of across the world. Here is the link with ones in Utah: http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Chur...es/us_utah.htm . As far as the other major world religions go, I'm not sure of there stances. I read Hinduism actually does not have a concept of sexual orientation and the Vedas promote same sex relations as healthy. However, due to British colonial laws homosexualiyt was outlawed in INdia until very recently and some factions of Hindus are homophobic now while others are open and affirming.
Old 27-08-2011, 04:27 AM
A. Consumer

Post I know of one

This may not be a religion but in his book Revelations of 2012 The Prophet of Life writes that all people have "Determining Factors" things like size, shape, skin color and sexual orientation which they are born with and have no control over and that people are not judged by their determining factors. He also writes that gay people are incrrectly made to suffer because they are different and that "The Lord loves all people equally whether they are male, female or transgender and that while many people would condem them for being gay, bi-sexual or transgender, The Lord does not. I hope this is helpful.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:55 AM
Chalk1990

You don't need to be apart of a religion to feel accepted. Just have faith, and trust God, don't be deceived by what religions say about being homosexual, and how it will bring consequences. God is the creator of all things, and therefore he is the creator of our sexual desires. Also, there is homosexuality in the animal kingdom too, but no animal is judging another for how they act, why should we? Why would God punish us for being who he made us to be?

You can create your own belief system, just like I did. I incorporate different ideas from different belief systems into my own spirituality. No human has power over me, only God does, and since God loves everyone, and everything, what I believe in doesn't matter.