Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 07-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Pathfinder

Soulmate Relationship?

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and quite frankly, new to the idea of "soulmates." These past 10 months have been a whirlwind, as I have met who I think to be one of my soulmates, but I'm not 100% sure. Honestly, it's hard to make sense of it all.

So, here's my story. I met him four years ago at one of my nightly yoga classes. I saw him at the class maybe once or twice before, and even though we never spoke, there was just something about him that I couldn't let go of. My eyes kept gravitating towards him and him back at me. There was just something between us that was, and still is indescribable. At the end of one of our classes, he introduced himself and said that he admired my practice. That was the last yoga class I took before taking a four year break due to an arm injury and issues with chronic pain.

In December of 2016, I decided to finally start my yoga practice back up again. Browsing websites of local studios, I saw he was teaching a few classes and I felt a strong urge to give one of them a try. The day I came back, it was like no time had passed at all. There was an instant recognition and bond between us and these past 10 months, our relationship has just kept growing, and rapidly so!

As we kept getting to know each other, we found a lot of weird similarities between us:
1.) He and I are both chronic pain sufferers
2.) We were both injured at age 20 with a hand injury
3.) He is exactly twice my age (he's 52 and I'm 26)
4.) We're both Cancers
5.) He and I are essentially the same personality in two different bodies (we even kind of look alike). We're both introverts, we know exactly what the other person is thinking before we even say it, and he is essentially my mirror where he mirrors everything about my personality and we understand each other in a way in which no one else can.
6.) Our life paths have been very similar.

I can go on and on! I don't know how to explain exactly what I feel when I'm around him. There is just an unconditional love between the two of us that I've never experienced with another human being. But, it's not a romantic type of love. It almost feels like a father-daughter relationship.

In a lot of ways, I describe him as my "angel," because he is helping me with a lot of complicated emotional issues that he also went through and is still going through himself, though several years earlier. He supports me and loves me unconditionally, but also challenges me and pushes me in ways in which no one ever has before. I've transformed so much over the last several months by just having him in my life.

Sorry for the long post, but I guess I'm just trying to make sense of all of this, as I've never experienced anything quite like this :). I would love to hear other people's thought and hear similar stories.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Lorelyen

Hi Sam.I.Am and welcome from me.

Sounds like it could be. If you both think and feel the same way about most things in life, probably yes.
Don't worry about minor disagreements if there are any, the whole is greater.
Unconditional love to me includes you don't have to trust - it should be beyond trust - just accept each other.

Nice
Old 07-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
There is just an unconditional love between the two of us that I've never experienced with another human being. But, it's not a romantic type of love. It almost feels like a father-daughter relationship.

In a lot of ways, I describe him as my "angel," because he is helping me with a lot of complicated emotional issues that he also went through and is still going through himself, though several years earlier. He supports me and loves me unconditionally, but also challenges me and pushes me in ways in which no one ever has before. I've transformed so much over the last several months by just having him in my life.

This sounds wonderful and I'm glad for you.
An authentically loving friendship is a wonderful thing.
Having a soul friend or soul family connection in your life is a wonderful thing. Having both is a great blessing!

I wish you many more years of beloved friendship and mutual joy.
Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 07-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Pathfinder

It truly is wonderful and I am beyond glad to have a person like him in my life!
I will say though, that while amazing, these past several months have not been easy. First and foremost, I was not expecting a connection between us AT ALL! As I said, I knew nothing about him before I met him.

I’ve also had particularly challenging relationships with men in my life. I grew up with an emotionally unavailable father and had several toxic relationships over the past several years. I’m not used to being loved unconditionally. As a matter of fact, I have A LOT of work to do in my own healing and in loving myself.

I care for him so deeply, but I also want to push him away so badly! There’s nothing wrong with him AT ALL. He treats me wonderfully! The only hard part is seeing the good, the bad and the ugly that I see in myself reflected back to me. I have to keep reminding myself that this relationship came into my life for a reason and probably to help me grow, but boy is it hard to not run.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar emotions.