Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
If and as your retrospective results in your 'wising' 'up' - hence the notion of repenting' i.e. rethinking, prior 'mistakes' - which may simply be 'omissions', BTW. History has 'a way' of repeating itself in a 'circle', if you don't do so - till you do, that is - then it continues on, 'spiraling' 'upward'.
Woohoo!
I am a little dumb sometimes, but i am sure i am on the right track with this one.
Old 27-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Every esoteric path warns of the dangers of spiritual illness. An aspect of that spiritual illness is what I call 'knowledge avarice': it is a desire-greed to know; the belief that there is more more more one has to learn; always thinking something is missing in one's spiritual life.

The path/gate is narrow my friend. We live many lifetimes. You will experience it all over the course of eons of time. Choose one simple path in this one lifetime, commit to it, relax into it, and follow it with your heart and soul. That is wisdom. That is what the narrow gate is referencing.

You live on the shores of Lake Michigan. Go buy a kayak and spend this lifetime floating on the water, feeling water, understanding water, merging with water. Make that your spiritual path this lifetime. It's that simple.

Every time I hear the word "Danger" or somehow be afraid red flags go up.

Why do we need to live many lifetimes if we come from a single all knowing source?

Your statement is a bit contradictory, you say that there is greed in wanting to know about something missing, but then in the next paragraph or two your speak of many lifetimes, and understanding a narrow path this is actually slow path and greed to knowing as well.

With much respect.

Centered :)
Old 27-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered

Why do we need to live many lifetimes if we come from a single all knowing source?

Your statement is a bit contradictory, you say that there is greed in wanting to know about something missing, but then in the next paragraph or two your speak of many lifetimes, and understanding a narrow path this is actually slow path and greed to knowing as well.

With much respect.

Hello Centered -

What follows is an excerpt from the treatise I am now in the process of composing which attempts to put the 'scheme' of 'reincarnation' into perspective - my 'perspective' , of course. 'Contradictions' are built into the subject because the 'scheme' itself is quite convoluted. I hope it 'answers' some of the questions you raised in yor post. [Please note: it was not written in response to your post. The main reason for my present the idea of 'many' lifetimes being a 'reality' is to (hopefully) give people a reason not to buy into Catholic and other 'Christian' and 'Islamic' doctrines that one has only one make-or-break lifetime to get to the point of completely communing with its Source, which of course is everyone's Source, or 'fail' to do so and so be 'lost' thereafter forever - which is a 'scary' thought for many, I think.]

Quote:
Analogous to the way it takes more than a few years wherein initially inept and unskilled novices are given the opportunity to assimilate increasingly rigorous capability-exercising ‘lessons’ and thereby ‘pass’ challenges posed by increasingly capability-demanding ‘tests’ for them to ‘graduate’ from training programs and knowledge-conveying schools, it takes numerous physical lifetimes for souls to encounter and Love-and-Joy-constructively make the best of the full range of the sometimes extremely provident opportunities and sometimes extremely daunting challenges which are naturally part and parcel of existential embodiment in a complexly interwoven multi-membered socio-ecological system such as ours – or, of course, in relation to any particular opportunity or challenge, to fail to – and thereby psychospiritually learn – as you may know if you are experienced enough, one may learn more from reviewing failures than ‘successes’! – and so ‘evolve’ to the point where they completely transcend any and all selfish-‘i’dentity based inclinations and psychospiritually ‘unite’ with Life-at-Large such that they then functionally live ‘in conjunction’ with said Entity’s creative Being-n-Doing process forever thereafter – or, of course, alternatively, in its ‘failing’ to so be-n-do. The latter case references the real possibility, if and as a soul ‘immaturely’ reacts, as all ‘immature’ souls sometimes do, to the frustration(s) and disappointment(s) of personal desires, hopes, and expectations inevitably experienced as unpleasant in an unduly self-compensating and/or other-forsaking manner, and if such human-pitfall trendency☺ isn’t somehow correctively consciously renounced and forsworn along the way, that a soul’s capacity to experience and express Love and Joy in relation to others may eventually shrink (i.e. ‘devolve’) to the point where it becomes completely ‘i’solated and so totally unloving and unjoyful in relation to Life-at-Large, and, since Love and Joy constitute the Source-‘code’ (i.e. the ‘motive’) which ‘program’atically ‘gives rise’ to every soul-node of Life, its gestalt may then just blip ‘out’☺ of existence and thereby and therefore completely ‘lose’ the possibility of ever incarnating again and thereby, again possibly, psychospiritually evolving and developing to the point where it consciously integrates with and so coherently lives on as a vital part of the Entity of Life forever.
Old 30-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered

With much respect.

I just came across a free online book, which deals with the topics of 'Reincarnation' and 'Afterlife' happenings, also with the upcoming upheavals ('dangerous' to some at least) due to humanity's unmigated greed.

Give these subjects are referenced in Centered's post, I thought this would be a good place to share the link.

http://www.afterlife101.com/