Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 12-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Master
Buddha Nature..

Different Schools of Buddhism don't seem to see eye to eye on what Buddha Nature is.
I am beginning to feel that it isn't something that all sentient beings have but rather it is what we are...
I am not trying to work out what it is but rather just let it clarify itself through inner feelings.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Different Schools of Buddhism don't seem to see eye to eye on what Buddha Nature is.
I am beginning to feel that it isn't something that all sentient beings have but rather it is what we are...
I am not trying to work out what it is but rather just let it clarify itself through inner feelings.

It is sometimes refreshing to not merely analyze the concept itself, but to simply allow the understanding to arise naturally on its own like a gentle summer breeze. :)

But such is the nature of our thinking minds! The thinking mind and its character imagines that it possesses things. I.E. my thoughts, my realization, my Buddha Nature, my path etc.

If we are indeed Buddha Nature Itself instead of the character that possesses the Buddha Nature, then would it be reasonable to assert that what is often referred to as "Reality As It Is" is fundamentally and pure Buddha Nature Itself?

Forgive me if my understanding of the term as used in the religious Buddhist context may be incorrect, but would Pure Buddha Nature Itself as "Reality As it Is" be something like LOVE? (LOVE as described not as an emotional or conceptual object, but the recognition of our own intrinsic NATURE in ALL things dispelling any illusion of separation?)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 12-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:

Shifting from thought to feelings will always take you deeper to know more..

In being their is nothing to work out, but rather listen and become what wants to be known (of itself) beyond the mind.

For a predominate balanced feeler type its easy to understand, for a predominate thinker it requires a shift in perception of their normal process to actual feel this.

It seems your shifting your processing to know this.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-12-2017, 07:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
It is sometimes refreshing to not merely analyze the concept itself, but to simply allow the understanding to arise naturally on its own like a gentle summer breeze. :)

But such is the nature of our thinking minds! The thinking mind and its character imagines that it possesses things. I.E. my thoughts, my realization, my Buddha Nature, my path etc.

If we are indeed Buddha Nature Itself instead of the character that possesses the Buddha Nature, then would it be reasonable to assert that what is often referred to as "Reality As It Is" is fundamentally and pure Buddha Nature Itself?

Forgive me if my understanding of the term as used in the religious Buddhist context may be incorrect, but would Pure Buddha Nature Itself as "Reality As it Is" be something like LOVE? (LOVE as described not as an emotional or conceptual object, but the recognition of our own intrinsic NATURE in ALL things dispelling any illusion of separation?)

I see Buddha Nature as the ' True Self ' and when Buddha taught Anatta/Not self he was pointing this out. If I look for a self based on my understanding using thoughts, conditioning, memories etc: I can't find one. By unlearning, stripping away of the false ideas I have accumulated over time I end up with a clean slate... Buddha Nature.
Old 13-12-2017, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
a clean slate... Buddha Nature.

When Buddha Nature Remembers Itself, indescribable Metta arises:

:)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 13-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
When Buddha Nature Remembers Itself, indescribable Metta arises:

:)

My memory fails me at times
Lovely picture.
Old 16-12-2017, 12:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Good afternoon sky

Me thinks it's not just Buddhism, but thats neither here nor there

Enigma - Return To Innocence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08
Old 16-12-2017, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon sky

Me thinks it's not just Buddhism, but thats neither here nor there

Enigma - Return To Innocence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

Good morning to you muffin
Yes it's not just Dharma but dharma..... Universal Law.
Love Enigma Sadness Part 1.... it makes me happy
Old 18-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:

Do you have any links or quotes that shows how the different tradition view Buddha Nature and why you think they are saying different things?
Old 18-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Shifting from thought to feelings will always take you deeper to know more..

In being their is nothing to work out, but rather listen and become what wants to be known (of itself) beyond the mind.

For a predominate balanced feeler type its easy to understand, for a predominate thinker it requires a shift in perception of their normal process to actual feel this.

It seems your shifting your processing to know this.

True, you have to go to feeling to understand your balance, as buddhists might say 'feelings arising' - ''cravings' arising'.