Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Master

Does any religion offer non-existence after death?

Heaven, Nirvana, 72 virgins, ascendance, or even Hell and Niflhel or a nice little planet for yourself - so many religions, so many places to go in the afterlife. Which has me wondering, does any known religion offer a final death? Non-existance, true freedom, eternal sleep, escape from even the hands of the deities?
Old 31-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Well, they wouldn't make any money would they?
How could they control the masses if not with fear? Haha
If they used what you sow you will reap...well that could take
years to have demonstrated. What a delemma!

Nirvana is in this present life, btw...as is samadhi...well, if
you wanted to get picky...so is Heaven!
....well, geeze....so is ascendance...and for some hell!
Wasn't my intention starting off to be this picky, WW. LOL

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Master
if you desire "escape from even the hands of the deities" why not create your own place? Monroe said it was done all the time.
Old 31-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Suspended
You could look at Mimamsa (a Hindu philosophical school). There is no belief in a God, a soul, or a heaven!
Old 31-12-2014, 04:38 PM
Master

Religions cannot offer anything. They only make claims to offer you things that you mention, false claims in my view. Whatever is available, is for us to obtain. In theory that would include non-existence. But if you obtained it, how would you know it? And who would obtain it?
Old 31-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Ascender

perhaps science is such a religion or was such a religion since in ways it learns more and more depending on the individual practicing it

but the afterlife is no scientific fact I presume and many other things are not

perhaps science is a religion hiding behind names pretending not to be a religion ?
Old 31-12-2014, 08:45 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Heaven, Nirvana, 72 virgins, ascendance, or even Hell and Niflhel or a nice little planet for yourself - so many religions, so many places to go in the afterlife. Which has me wondering, does any known religion offer a final death? Non-existance, true freedom, eternal sleep, escape from even the hands of the deities?

When you refer to non-existence after death, it sounds as if you are speaking from the perspective of individuality. Is that correct ? If not, elaborate.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Master

I'll try to clarify without expanding the number of issues involved. I talk about a cessation of existence, a complete destruction of soul and the energies, a complete snuffing out to the point where even deities can't bring you back or create a carbon copy of your last known state and shape. No going to Elsewhere. And definitely no merging into a higher consciousness or other promotion or devaluation because in the end, it still means someone else is making the decisions. Nada, nothing. And I agree that no religion or deities would probably offer this as such as it would be contrary to their own priorities. I am merely trying to see if any direction or faith is even mentioning the possibility.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Suspended

There is no such thing as permanent cessation of consciousness. Consciousness and the Soul are Eternal - no such thing as eternal oblivion. There is a temporary state for most ppl, where the soul enters a kind of sleep or rest before it's next incarnation.
The closest thing to oblivion is the buddhist Nirvana. Most mainstream buddhists don't believe in God or the Soul, as far as l know. But, nirvana isn't the end of the road, it's just the starting point according to the most Enlightened teachers - there is a lot more to realise after nirvana.
The goal is to merge with the Divine or Higher-Self (obviously your version of the Higher-Self is not the same as mine - it's all down to definition in the end). When we merge with our Higher-Self, it means that we are ONE with the Divine - so we are then in full control and making our decisions according to the Highest Will - again, it's obvious that your definition of a deity is different to mine. The religious deities your referring to are nothing to do with True Divinity - usually, what most religions are worshipping is some deluded entity with a god-complex who has created his/her empire on the astral or mental planes, that most ppl get duped by - that nonsense with god seated on some heavenly throne thronged by singing angels. These are just astral paradises that hold very little Truth. lt's where bible-thumpers and the ilk normally end up after death. Read some of the accounts given by astral projectors.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Guide
Quote:
perhaps science is a religion hiding behind names pretending not to be a religion ?
Historically speaking I thought science was a replacement of religion, but in modern contexts it can or may not be depending on the individual.

Also, Atheism may fill the need. There are even gatherings in buildings(not sure what the official terms are though), so other Atheists can congregate and share in similar beliefs.