Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-06-2011, 05:39 PM
nikki32

Lightbulb mum passed away :(

Hello all
my mum had given up smoking two weeks ago so that she ( in her own words ) could live to see her grandchildren grow up ) she had been suffering with chest/breathing problems for a couple of years now and used a inhaler to help. she also had a lot of panic attacks and worried all the time. last friday night my sister said goodnight to her before locking the back door and turning off the lights. mum had been having breathing problems all day and complained to my sister about pain in her chest which she often used to get. my sister offered to stay with her for a bit but mum said she,d be fine and to go to bed. however, early next morning my dad got up to go to work and found mum laying motionless on the sofa, lights were on , the door was open and there was a empty cup beside the chair where she,d made herself a drink. the paramedic said there was no sign of life and took her body to the hospital. we dont know when we cant hold thee funeral as my dad is waiting to hear about her medical notes from the doctors. i have asked mum for a "sign" several times but theres nothing. its like theres nothing there and shes just gone. im a firm believer in spirit but my faith is now being questioned. my dad and sister have also asked for a sign but have had nothing :( i would really be gratefull for any advice
thanks
nikki xxx
Old 28-06-2011, 05:50 PM
astroboy

Sometimes the signs come in a fashion we least expect. Soul never dies. And mom might be finding the right time to provide the sign that she's in good spirits and there's nothing to worry about. She might have to wait till all of you sober down from this sudden shock of feelings overpowering you all. The signs may come in your dream state and at different times for different people. You might also find something intact around the house, left by her, when you least expect to find it.

Accept my condolences on your loss.
Old 28-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Master
Hi nikki, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I send my wishes for you and your family to give you comfort, strength and guidance in this sad time.

Please don't worry that you have no 'signs' yet, she had a rough time of it with her health problems so she needs this resting time maybe, before she can pay you a visit.

I've lived long enough to have lost some loved ones. My best friend, David passed just this Saturday. My son died suddenly last year on Valentine's Day. He was 23.

Just be kind to yourself, we need to give ourselves time, and space to grieve, to think and feel all the thoughts, whatever they may be, let them come and go.

Old 28-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Rivendoah

Sorry to here about your Mom... i know it's a difficult time... I will light a candle for you and you family...
Old 28-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Knower
I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes signs come when we least expect it. They can also be things we might not think would be a sign. I know I was reading a book that said sometimes when a spirit crosses over they may have to go into a hibernation of sorts to help them adapt to the other side. Even more if they died suddenly or did not feel ready to go home.
Old 28-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Coming2

Nikki I am so sorry for your loss. I read your post first in the readings offered section and when I did something very strong hit me. I didnt post it there but was planning on sending you a PM but I will share it here.

From my experience with death and life after death there can often be a waiting process. There is also a disconnect where the spirit never forgets but does move on quickly to a point where contact with loved ones doesnt happen. I know it is disheartening but it can be a very good sign that your mum is back with her soul group or has already moved into her next incarnation. Sometimes also there is a waiting period where a soul is caccooned if they have suffered at some point in life. Like any soul we are tired by the time we pass and we need to gather our strength and find peace again. Be encouraged that your mum is with God now and that in time, you will get the message that you want now. She was very ill when she passed over and might be recouperating from a painful life. I just posted about a few books that gave me great comfort and mirror regressions I have had done. Micheal Newtons....Journey and Destiny of Souls. They will bring you comfort and insight into your mothers passing and your own in time.

Instead of focusing on contacting your mum right now try working with your Spirit Guide and Guardian for the strength, courage and the peace you are seeking.

My prayers are with you,
Light and Love.....
Old 28-06-2011, 09:23 PM
ELLEN DOHERTY62

ellen

hello nikki. its so sad when a mum passes the person who brought us into the world. i lost my mum too and understand the need for a sign so quick.all i can say is that you take time to adjust to life without her physical presence being around .but watch for signs no matter how small.i have no doubt that when the time is right she will let you know that she is around you so keep talking as if she is in the room with you.Iwish you and your family strenght to cope with the loss of your mum.peaceto you all.

ellen xx
Old 28-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Free Bird

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Keep looking out for signs x
Old 28-06-2011, 11:36 PM
LightFilledHeart

Dearest Nikki,

So deeply sorry for your loss. I know first hand the pain of losing a mother. Mine passed in the night on Dec. 28, 2007. Not a day goes by that I don't miss the sweet, vivacious, caring, noble, and loving person that she was. She really set the bar high... just trying to reach her status makes me work hard on myself every day! I miss her dreadfully, and I often wonder if she does indeed still exist in the next world or that which we refer to as the spirit realms. I too deeply wished for and needed a sign! I THINK I got it, but I'm not sure.

About two months after Mom's passing, my oldest sister called to let me know that the Neptune Society had been calling to say they had her ashes ready for pick up. My Dad ... 90 yrs old at the time... was shattered by the magnitude of his loss. She had been his one true love from the time he was 16 and she 14! A lifetime lived in partnership, leaving him bereft and lost. We didn't want to burden him by asking what he wanted done with the ashes. We talked it over amongst ourselves and decided to just go get them. They were being held in a neighboring town where the nearest Neptune offices were located. We had another errand to do the vicinity that day, so we just combined the two and said nothing to Dad. [He has never asked about her ashes, and we decided if he DOES we will say we have them and ask him what he'd like done with them... if not, we will simply keep them until his time comes, and then we will decide with my third sister what we want to do with both.]

As you can imagine, I was pretty emotional the night before we were scheduled to go get the ashes. I was afraid it would be too difficult, or that I would embarass myself and crack in public. I wanted to behave in a reverant and dignified way and that honored my mom and spoke of my love for her. I prayed as I drifted off to sleep that night... I asked her to help us get through the next day if possible. To give us something to hold on to that would get us through.

That night I had the following dream. I am in a big eastern city... possibly New York, or somewhere in New Jersey, where I was born and where we lived as a family for the first three years of my life. I'm standing on a corner and there is a news stand there. It is has four walls and a partial ceiling that comes up and extends two or so feet over the tops of the counters and racks of magazines and news papers and such. There are four openings to get in and out... one in each of the four corners. I step inside, and my Mom is there!!! I see her and she sees me and the next thing you know we are hugging. She looks young and healthy as I remember her in the years before she got sick, and we are both talking at once, laughing and crying. I'm saying, "You came back! How did you come back?? You died! But you're here!! Oh Mom!!!", and the joy is so great there are no words to describe it.

That was the entire content of the dream, but it was so vivid, so real!!!!! I later thought about it when I awoke. I work with dreams and help others to figure out the meanings and messages in theirs. I immediately felt the "news stand" was saying "HEY! NEWS FLASH!!! SO YOUR MOM IS DEAD, HUH? UH... NOT SO MUCH!!!" I believe it was truly her spirit contacting me to show me she still could.. that she was in fact alive and well in a different form, and she still knew and loved me, and I still know and love her! I think even the four entrances and exits had meaning, or I believed so at the time.. now I have forgotten what I thought that might be!

The thing is, she came to me. I asked for help... for something that would help me and my sister get through the day, and she came to me and held me and laughed and cried with me, and IT WAS HER!!!!!!!!!! It was my Mom! When my sister picked me up for the hour and a half or so drive to our destination the next day, I gingerly and gently told her what had happened. About my request to Mom, and about the dream that ensued. I don't know, because she didn't say, but I THINK it made it a bit easier for her.. I know it did me, because I felt Mom was with us, protecting us and watching over us as we performed that sad duty. When the clerk came out with the cremains in the simple gold metal box, my sister hesitated and took a step back. I was able to step forward and take them, hold the box to my heart, and assure myself that this was all that remained of my Mom in THIS life and reality, but that I now knew for certain she still went on in another.....!!

Do you think I imagined it, or was my experience real? I of course want to believe it was real, and I tell you about it in hopes it might bring you comfort to know that sometimes your "sign" comes a couple months or more after the loved one passes. They're busy adjusting to their new life, and "time" is non-existent there. It can sometimes take awhile before they can figure out a way to come to us and reveal themselves in a way we will accept and know is truly them.

I wish you and your family the best, and I feel quite certain you will get your sign. It will happen when you least expect it, and it will be exactly the right time. All is in divine order... rest in the peace of knowing that your Mom will come when the time is right. Sometimes we have to get beyond the worst of our sorrow and shock before they can break through the heaviness of those emotions to be able to commune with us. It will come. In due time, it will come.

God bless you....
Old 28-06-2011, 11:56 PM
rainbowcrow

Big Hugs to you Nikki Trust that when the time is right your Mum will let you know that she is safe and happy in spirit and that she is with you always. Love and Hugs to you and your family