Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 03-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Pathfinder
Anyone Studying Esoteric Aspects Of Religion?

I was raised to believe in the literal aspects of creation stories. Now I believe it's an impersonal creation with personal qualities only seen through duality.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Pathfinder
Yes, I do. I study "esoteric Buddhism," and "esoteric Taoism." It deals with the same Fundaments of the world of human experience. If for example, we all are observing the same chocolate cake, and that chocolate cake has fundamental ingredients [chocolate, butter, sugar, cake mix, eggs, milk], then "Exoteric" religion is when we ooh and ahh at the outer décor of how that cake looks. Esoterica is simple when we begin to focus our attention on the Fundaments of that cake. And it just so happens that we are all looking at the same cake and said cake fundamentally is made up of a given number of ingredients. And so we will all eventually come to understand the same Fundaments.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:25 AM
Master
Yes, I study the esoteric aspects of Hinduism (Tantra) as well as the esoteric aspects of Vajrayana Buddhism (Tantra) and at the core there is absolutely NO difference between "Hindu Tantra" and "Buddhist Tantra".

Your diagram is like a Mandala or Yantra....You can go from the outside in to the middle, or from the middle to the outside and it makes no difference. You either start off or end up in Brahman/Void anyway and everything else, is just an attempt to explain the process, which is wholly dependent upon individual temperament, perspective and awareness.
Old 14-05-2019, 04:52 PM
depthsee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHermes

I was raised to believe in the literal aspects of creation stories. Now I believe it's an impersonal creation with personal qualities only seen through duality.

May be you would like to see writings about "astrotheology". The authentic writings give deep insight about "the stories".
Old 15-05-2019, 04:20 AM
Experiencer

I have with the Kabbalah/tree of life. And how it connects with other's~
Old 15-05-2019, 05:55 AM
janielee

Esoteric aspects are intuitive to me.
Old 20-05-2019, 07:43 AM
Suspended

It is mostly them i study, not exoteric and ritualistic aspects of religions any more.