Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 01-09-2015, 02:04 AM
loophole

alternatives to pendulums

i was under the impression that the pendulum answers your question, but it just tells you what your intuition is.
a lot of times mine spins in a circle.

if i want accurate responses to questions i'm pondering, what are some ways to do that?

i use to do tarot, but now i'm questioning if the answers we get from tarot are also dependent on our intuition.

ps. sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, didn't know where else to do it.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:45 AM
Master
I use cards but not the pendulum, basically because I discovered I could influence its swing with my mind.
Both operate on what some would call intuition, but for me personally the cards are much more of a two-way conversation between my higher aspect and I. Actually I shouldn't say 'much more of a 2 way..." It is flat out a two way conversation. There are rare occasions when I drop out of sync with my Higher Self and then its just 'card turning' with no influence from higher self, but a nice long meditation puts us back in sync.
We were never able to use the pendulum that way though, my impression is because Higher Self wanted to teach me, developed relationship and fully interact. Where if I was going with Yes/No answers I would quit using it as soon as I got the answer I wanted where the cards get me involved in interesting conversations with Higher Self resulting in much more trust, learning and evolution than a Yes/No system.
Basically if neither on is working for you I'd say its likely nothing else will either because you've not yet established that trust and bond with your Higher Aspect and are still trying to wing it on your own, which is just fine, that's how most people do it. But if you do want 'unseen aid' from your eternal self, then work at developing the relationship and building trust and using the divination system of your choice.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Master
What CrystalSong said. And you need the right pendulum for you. Not every pendulum will connect with you the way you need. I haven't found the right one for me yet, and I think I got 4 or 5 pendulums. I got one that resonates really well, but it actually is my daughter's, and it tells me I shouldn't use it.

Apart from that you should be properly grounded before you use a pendulum or dowsing rods.
And you got to work on what is yes, no and maybe for you and the pendulum. You can tell it what yes is by making it swing back and forth (if that's what you want), what no is by making it swing left to rigth (if that's what you want) and "don't know" "maybe" by making it turn clockwise (if that is what you want).
Then you agree with the pendulum (and your HS) that this is the way it'll move for you from now on. Period.

Start practicing but in a relaxed fashion, try not to force things to happen. Some days it will work better than others. Sometimes I get really clear answers, sometimes it doesn't even move. Frustrating, but yeah. That's the way it is that moment. Accept it.

Oh, and don't forget to cleanse your pendulum before using it, and in between sessions.