Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 31-08-2015, 06:04 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thsinner
I have selenite and moldavite, they are completely different but extremely powerful high energy crystals for me. Absolutely love my moldavite pendant. I have been working with a few differetn selenite projects on and off for a couple of weeks now. And tomorrow I will me working on a small selenite wand. I jsut have to sand it a bit smoother yet.
Selenite is a very much, colder energy, Not uncomfortably cold in anyway for me, just angelic more than earthy, the moldavite is more earthy by comparison.

I don't think it would be too strong to use daily, but I recommend keeping a close eye on your moods, and physical feelings and test in short doses.
Start by sitting in the park or something, don't just stick one on in work where you are not regularily going to be mindful of your self. It could leave you feeling quite high, I think for some people anyway, and may render you at least at first less safe to drive.

Thanks for the insight 8th. I am really new to the crystal and stone world, though I have always found it necessary to keep quartz around me for some reason since I was a child. In fact these will be the only other stones besides my quartz that I will have though I intend on collecting many varieties soon. I am specifically interested in grounding and meditation related crystals and stones.
Old 31-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Guide

I kept the piece of Selenite under my pillow for two nights..
Had some pretty weird dreams..
Old 01-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Knower

By the way, what crystal did you pair with Selenite when meditating with it?

Coz me, I hold clear Quartz in my left hand and a Selenite wand in my right hand...and in addition..sometimes I put a small Smoky Quartz point in my lower back, pointing down.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1
By the way, what crystal did you pair with Selenite when meditating with it?

Coz me, I hold clear Quartz in my left hand and a Selenite wand in my right hand...and in addition..sometimes I put a small Smoky Quartz point in my lower back, pointing down.

I haven't meditated with it yet, I put it under my pillow for a couple of nights, just to see how that felt..
For now I'm not planning to use it with other crystals..
Old 01-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Administrator
Hello

I would make sure its well encased in a metal holder not free floating. Even then it is a very fragile stone. More they are placed on an alter or pillow during meditations.

Lynn
Old 01-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafina
I haven't meditated with it yet, I put it under my pillow for a couple of nights, just to see how that felt..
For now I'm not planning to use it with other crystals..

Please let me know how those experiments go. I want to get some more variety but don't really know where to start.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I would make sure its well encased in a metal holder not free floating. Even then it is a very fragile stone. More they are placed on an alter or pillow during meditations.

Lynn

Yes, that is good advice. In my research on selenite I read a lot about how fragile it is. I had no idea a metal holder may be necessary. That is good to know.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGazer
Please let me know how those experiments go. I want to get some more variety but don't really know where to start.

I will!
But I have a feeling you know more about crystals than I do..

Lynn, thanks for the advice!
Old 02-09-2015, 04:11 AM
Knower

I wouldn't say there is a need for a metal container, they are fragile crystals but wrapped in a piece of flannel is fine I find.
Tumbled selenite is a lot tougher that raw or hand polished things. Maybe because only tougher ones survive the process.
Depending on the shape you could wrap a piece of foam round it and store it in a cut down container of some sort, like a mini (holiday) shampoo bottle or something if you are really worried.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:31 AM
Experiencer

I think the metal holder was in reference to the pendant casing