Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 01-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Experiencer
I am attracted to Obsidian, BUT!

I am attracted to Obsidian, BUT, whenever I am in a very 3rd eye open situation for which I am not allowed to write more due to rules in this forum... whenever that happens and I am around Obsidian, I just can't help it but feel the Obsidian as "demonic". Well I know this sounds stupid in a way, because I am not conjuring anything, and even demons have their hierarchies and its not like who knows what's going to happen to me.

But it is just that the black obsidian, gives me this vibe. Demonic sounds bad, okay. But let's consider another word, diving into the subconscious. Because the world we know and the people we know, they all live in our head. And so does these archetypes.

Because you are a bit confused on what to reply about, here is what I wonder: I genuinely like having black obsidian, golden obsidian.... but when "my 3rd eye is opened" and I won't go into depth to describe how this happens... but when that happens, why is it that my approach is different?

tl'dr: i like obsidian, but when I am more sensible to energies, I find it too intense.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Experiencer
i can even see. an 2 obsidian pyramids, in the middle a sphere, and all of this surrounded by 3/6 1 point wands that can stay on their "feet". but for some reason, this can also become spooky. i don't understand why.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Knower

I think Obsidian has a historic link with the occult given that Dr John Dee used a scrying mirror of Obsidian to communicate with his angels/spirits. I don't know an awful lot of 'Enochian' magick, I do have a book on it but it seems to be fairly complicated stuff.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:49 PM
Master
oh silly me I was imagining a chunk of black tourmaline when reading this.. though I did also think of a lovely piece of rainbow obsidian I happened upon that is mostly black. do you have the same feelings when using non-black obsidian? I can't relate to your 3rd eye open situating, and am curious what is not allowed to be discussed on this forum which you're alluding to, but in the general sense I suppose I know what you mean about feeling a little offput by the dark obsidian. and tourmaline a little for me too, but I also know it is wonderfully healing and even has scientific evidence supporting its ability to heal and ward off negativity including pollution from electronics and wifi and all that.. at least it does have a lot of research, not sure what exact tests they did but it has antibacterial antiradiation properties, etc.. sorry I got off topic but now I guess I am compelled to see if there is research available about obsidian.

most crystals don't have much research about their true healing properties and potential (though color therapy is proven to be healing so there is that to begin with for any crystal, and nature in general emits negative ions and is healing) and I can't easily find information about obsidian besides its practical use in being a tool with beautiful blade qualities. a link about shungite came up in my google search though and I'm inspired to ask you if you work with shungite or have heard of it and what you think about it.. since I heard something negative said about it too by someone and that comment they made once haunted me. but shungite does have a lot of research confirming its incredible healing qualities.

anywayy I know my eeriness about obsidian is not the same as yours because you don't feel the same way when your third eye is not open and all that, but just wanted to share anyways. I might think similar about smoky quartz or you know dark crystals in general but I guess they are supposed to be awesome for removing darkness and negativity as ironic as it seems. I know they are not bad and need to work on that notion myself. what etheric said makes some sense and Enochian magick seems intriguing, but again unfamiliar territory to me
Old 07-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Obsidian is a volcanic glass. It doesn´t have a crystalline structure thus it's not a real mineral nor a crystal.

Now on your situation, what I'm going to say is only speculation on my part. All we have a negative side that we like to suppress so we can function socially. But for some reasons, there are triggers (objects, etc) that might surface the more demonic side of us, as you mention the subconsciousness. I don't see demons as a bad thing per se. We all need them in a sense for pro-activity and for that spark of intentionality.

So what I would do if I were you is, learn to harness the power of obsidian but at the same time noticing the boundaries to where you don't want to go. Too much power (proactivity and intentionality) and demons "burn" you... So I would try to learn that.

It's important not to ignore the demons inside of us. Learning to have them lose just enough to satisfy them without anyone getting hurt is paramount to a balanced life (IMO).
Old 13-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by etheric-imprinted_72
I think Obsidian has a historic link with the occult given that Dr John Dee used a scrying mirror of Obsidian to communicate with his angels/spirits. I don't know an awful lot of 'Enochian' magick, I do have a book on it but it seems to be fairly complicated stuff.

Possibly a sort of archetype trigger, hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
about obsidian. most crystals don't have much research about their true healing properties and potential (though color therapy is proven to be healing so there is that to begin with for any crystal, and nature in general emits negative ions and is healing) and I can't easily find information about obsidian besides its practical use in being a tool with beautiful blade qualities

You mean you can't find information about Obsidian? What? I'm sure you meant to say something else lol, if not, here you go:

https://www.healing-crystals-for-you...ian-stone.html

https://www.crystalvaults.com/resource/cme/obsidian/

https://www.gemstone7.com/089-obsidian.html

Just type in google: crystale name and the word meaning , example: obsidian meaning

Quote:
a link about shungite came up in my google search though and I'm inspired to ask you if you work with shungite or have heard of it and what you think about it..

I do not work with shungite, however I heard it is the best against radiation and wifi/radio waves EMF or not sure the right word/s, so I might get a shungite in the future and just place it near the wifi or in the back of the TV, laptop etc.

Quote:
since I heard something negative said about it too by someone and that comment they made once haunted me.

Please do share, what is it?? While I was having my 3rd eye open, I thought it would be a good idea to check my crystals. All seemed great and unique, was seeing the glow like auras of each of them and their vibration was quickly to impact mine. So I reached my Obsidian sphere, and usually when you have the 3rd eye open, scrying is like drinking water, piece of cake. Now as I was looking into the Obsidian, it felt like the background noise was reduced and I was zooming in with my stare like something was about to happen, and right then, in the reflection of the Obsidian, a black shadow very quickly cast-ed down from the ceiling towards the sphere(around my head?). I didn't panicked but I did got the chills and frightened, quickly got up and went to another room and threw the sphere to a friend of mine. Not sure if it was the best thing to do but it helped me get quickly grounded and come back to 'reality'. I did found on some sites the meanings of smoke/cloud colors we see in obsidian scrying... and for me black, that was a bad omen. And so it was, in a way. But it's been more than a year.

The vision was very real and I think this might have been why I freaked out because was just as real as this reality and never experienced something that real. After that, I did use Obsidian again on and off, even for shadow work meditation and it helped a lot. However I still feel reticent to dive deeply when my 3rd eye is open. It is just this very strange vibe, I think as someone else said in here, it is a trigger of the dark parts of ourselves. Could be, but in the same time Obsidian is one of my favorites.

Quote:
in general but I guess they are supposed to be awesome for removing darkness and negativity as ironic as it seems. I know they are not bad and need to work on that notion myself. what etheric said makes some sense and Enochian magick seems intriguing, but again unfamiliar territory to me

Agree, same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranssi
Obsidian is a volcanic glass. It doesn´t have a crystalline structure thus it's not a real mineral nor a crystal.

Now on your situation, what I'm going to say is only speculation on my part. All we have a negative side that we like to suppress so we can function socially. But for some reasons, there are triggers (objects, etc) that might surface the more demonic side of us, as you mention the subconsciousness. I don't see demons as a bad thing per se. We all need them in a sense for pro-activity and for that spark of intentionality.

So what I would do if I were you is, learn to harness the power of obsidian but at the same time noticing the boundaries to where you don't want to go. Too much power (proactivity and intentionality) and demons "burn" you... So I would try to learn that.

It's important not to ignore the demons inside of us. Learning to have them lose just enough to satisfy them without anyone getting hurt is paramount to a balanced life (IMO).

I know what you are referring to, indeed a good point, this can be a good trigger, I think that's what all crystals can be and become especially for those using them since quite some time, they can be incredible mental triggers. Others would dismiss it as placebo and people think placebo means fake, not real, but how can people say it's not real if it works? See my point? Anyway, I drifted off the conversation a bit.

I am not sure I completely understand what you meant by "Too much power (proactivity and intentionality) and demons "burn" you... So I would try to learn that." I understood in my on way, but could you rephrase it with another analogy?

You know, I am still in the study of shadow work, shadow work meditation. I did it few times in 1 hour sessions during the night, alone and with dark grounding crystals... at first it can be a bit scary but once you get rid of the fear, it feels like you don't have mood for silly fears anymore and you are so present and ready to deal with whatever it is.. and eing able to acknowledge suppressed emotions, habits, forgotten memories etc, becomes more easy, and integrating back what is needed and.. I guess sometimes understanding the why and acknowledging the shadow parts of yourself can make you feel so complete. Carl Jung said it himself, "i'd rather feel whole than just good". I also am waiting for a book "Romancing the Shadow" by Connie Zweig and some other by Carl Jung. I guess I should get more familiar and take more baby steps rather than just dive full in.

I am still somewhat amazed how come most of the people prefer to work with high vibration crystals and light and be in the serene calmness, it is good and I understand it, however that can grow the shadow of one self even bigger if left unacknowledged. Shadow self work can be very therapeutic,however I should refrain from talking more about this until I'll be more experienced.
Old 23-11-2018, 05:44 AM
Master
Bubbles, remember that some items have wonderful qualities that some love and other dislike..... Obsidian is no different.

I love Obsidian but I am careful she doesn't get me any more - that is physically cut me.

Look within and you will see how to harness Obsidian's deeper qualities.