Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-10-2018, 07:48 AM
Master

The size of God's universe.

Just over one year ago astronomers announced that the number of galaxies in the universe had newly been estimated at two trillion.

A jump from Hubble's estimated 100 billion plus.

If each galaxy has 100 billion stars - based on the number of stars estimated to be in our galaxy and each star has say, 8 planets, then we are dealing with numbers well beyond our comprehension. Our sun is 1 million times the mass of Earth and there are suns out there which we know are 1000 times larger than our sun.

I cannot imagine that God, one god let it be said, although said to be everywhere, can manage to keep all of this under control. It would seem that there could well be lesser gods in a descending order - as in some eastern philosophies - a god for each galaxy, a god for each solar system, a god for each sun, a god for each planet and so on. We have Gaia for our planet it is said, maybe each Earthly continent has a guardian just as each of us supposedly has a guardian angel.

Maybe there are gods for animals, plants, minerals, viruses and all the rest. Who knows.

However it may be that these numbers are truly staggering while simply reflecting the immense capabilities of the human mind.

I live near an airport and often watch the A380 taking off. It occurs to me every time that this aeroplane is in the hands of a pilot. It's just that it's really under the control of a small mass of jellylike substance called a 'brain', something about the size of an upturned pudding bowl living in the dark, that is depending upon five senses to know what it is doing and where it is going. And yet these five senses lead the brain to see a massive universe outside itself - as a reflection in the eyes.

Something is around us which really needs explaining.
Old 24-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Master
Crazy isn't it... What a privilege it is to exist and wonder about it all, and be a part of it
I do not believe in any central creator God myself, but a spiritual source that underlies all life. I agree with you it's likely there are gods though, but they are not perfect or free of karma. `
Old 24-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I cannot imagine that God, one god let it be said, although said to be everywhere, can manage to keep all of this under control.
I don't know... seems logical that if a being in fact had the capacity to create all this, it would easily be capable of anything. Keeping it all under control would take a flick of the pinkie.

The immensity of physical creation, when one truly tries to comprehend it, can leave one in a MOB state: mind officially blown. Un.Fathom.Able. Pick jaw up off floor etc. Pretty fun imagination exercise really, better than drugs.
Old 24-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
What a privilege it is to exist and wonder about it all, and be a part of it
Do not hear that much! Nice!!
Old 24-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color Native Americans

Caught tail end of "native america" on PBS last night.

http://www.pbs.org/native-america/home/

New documentary for me. They were showing evidence of native americans in inland Brazil ---via Amazon river-- some 25,000 years ago. These primitive peoples made wall paintings on the tall outside rock surface that faced west.

On far south face there is what this dude figured out was setting sun at winter solstice setting on some hourglass shaped shelf. He went at solstice to see if the shelf was actually a rock cropping a few miles away in sight to see if the sun set on that rock shelf.

It did and confirmed his speculations. There is also recordings of sun and the at opposite end{ north face } of the rock wall with sun setting on longest day of the year.

So these people may or nay not have concived of celestial objects orbiting our spherical planet. The program presumed they were sea-poeples who used canoes to travel from land mass north of Alaska.

This all falls along with Bucky Fullers ideas presented in his book Critical Path.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 25-10-2018, 02:05 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

It's beautiful to think that every individual has their own god or angel.

That, I'd call individualistic system of gods.

Imagine that every individual has their own heaven, angels and god(s) which are not interlinked with one another's but only accessible via the individual themselves in flesh and blood. Such comes down to expressing one's own imagination, thoughts or spirituality in words, art, etc and sharing it with one another.

It's like matrix.
Old 25-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu
It's beautiful to think that every individual has their own god or angel.

That, I'd call individualistic system of gods.

Imagine that every individual has their own heaven, angels and god(s) which are not interlinked with one another's but only accessible via the individual themselves in flesh and blood. Such comes down to expressing one's own imagination, thoughts or spirituality in words, art, etc and sharing it with one another.

It's like matrix.

Let your imagination run wild Azu, there are whole worlds to be discovered.
Old 25-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Master
Quote:
...there are whole worlds to be discovered.
Sure, nevertheless the notion of "God's" universe already eliminates possibilities and entire worlds, right from the get-go.

Imagine if human beings stopped limiting their thinking with ideas that a "God" created all this. God-belief is like building a big box, climbing inside, and then saying, "Now let your thoughts run wild, and imagine anything you want that fits in this box!"

For example, what if WE created all this? What if our thoughts and actions -- both good and not so good -- create reality? I know it's sacrilegious to think (insignificant sinful) humanity are the creators and not some "God." I mean, how dare we imagine something like that, it's an affront to all that's decent and self-devaluing! But all that says and proves is that we are horribly conditioned to think within a very limited (and historically controlled) set of thought-box parameters.
Old 25-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Sure, nevertheless the notion of "God's" universe already eliminates possibilities and entire worlds, right from the get-go.

Imagine if human beings stopped limiting their thinking with ideas that a "God" created all this. God-belief is like building a big box, climbing inside, and then saying, "Now let your thoughts run wild, and imagine anything you want that fits in this box!"

For example, what if WE created all this? What if our thoughts and actions -- both good and not so good -- create reality? I know it's sacrilegious to think (insignificant sinful) humanity are the creators and not some "God." I mean, how dare we imagine something like that, it's an affront to all that's decent and self-devaluing! But all that says and proves is that we are horribly conditioned to think within a very limited (and historically controlled) set of thought-box parameters.

I'm pretty sure that you sort of know that calling this place God's universe was, on my part an attempt to accord some sort of feasible connection to this immensity of a universe.
We are indeed - and I appreciate your choice of word - horribly conditioned to this thing we call life. Our acceptance, without qualms of being in the state we call 'alive', is the result of such conditioning. We should really be continually astounded that we are here.
Maybe our laid-back attitude to our existence is because without realising or understanding we really do know more than we think. That moment we hear so much about when reading through NDEs or OBEs 'suddenly I knew everything' (it's happened to me personally) is something we shouldn't disregard. It could be the key to getting out of the box.
Old 25-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that you sort of know that calling this place God's universe was, on my part an attempt to accord some sort of feasible connection to this immensity of a universe.
Sorry no. I had no idea. I have no idea what people mean when they use that word. IMO, to even use that word signifies people believe "a creator" created all this.

I'm saying let's start by dropping all notions of something having created existence. Heck, what if existence just... IS? But most people can't or won't allow even that tiny bit of outside-the-box imagining, we are just so conditioned by religion and what not.

That's why I stay away from terms like 'God' and 'Christ Consciousness'. Too many religious connotations. Let's start with a blank slate I say. Let's start by NOT building these religion-tainted thought-boxes first, before we begin the imagination exercise.
Quote:
Maybe our laid-back attitude to our existence is because without realising or understanding we really do know more than we think.
That is a deep thought. I never thought of it that way. I mean, it isn't an issue for me specifically because I know why I am laid back, and I know what I know and why. But it explains a lot about humanity nevertheless. Very nice.