Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 03-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Knower

German boy

I had a dream last night about a blond-haired and blue-eyed German boy, about 12 years old. He was learning English and I was helping him when he needed it. We go to this building where there's a cabinet that has all these locked drawers on it and its purpose is to help him learn the language. On each drawer was an English word and I was explaining to him the ones he didn't understand. I specifically remember telling him what a lottery ticket was, but there were others, too, that I don't remember very well. He gets a key and unlocks the drawers and whatever it says on the outside is on the inside. For example, there were lottery tickets in the one labeled "lottery tickets". The weird thing was that I was in love with him, or I knew that I was going to be in love with him. It wasn't pedophilic at all in the dream, even though I'm 20 in the waking world. Right before I woke up, he was older, like late teens/early 20's.

Any ideas of what my subconscious is trying to tell me through this boy? I'll tell you how Germany relates to me, if that might help. It's a place that I really want to go to and it's a big part of my heritage. My favorite book is The Book Thief, which takes place in Germany, and one of my favorite movies that I did a big project on for class about a month ago is The Sound of Music. I also saw a movie a few days ago where the main characters were German. I'm also trying to learn the language and I only know basic phrases so far.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiegirl
I had a dream last night about a blond-haired and blue-eyed German boy, about 12 years old. He was learning English and I was helping him when he needed it. We go to this building where there's a cabinet that has all these locked drawers on it and its purpose is to help him learn the language. On each drawer was an English word and I was explaining to him the ones he didn't understand. I specifically remember telling him what a lottery ticket was, but there were others, too, that I don't remember very well. He gets a key and unlocks the drawers and whatever it says on the outside is on the inside. For example, there were lottery tickets in the one labeled "lottery tickets". The weird thing was that I was in love with him, or I knew that I was going to be in love with him. It wasn't pedophilic at all in the dream, even though I'm 20 in the waking world. Right before I woke up, he was older, like late teens/early 20's.

Any ideas of what my subconscious is trying to tell me through this boy?

Hi rosiegirl, As I read your post, I got the strong impression that the boy represents your desire/goal to possess the German culture, meaning about 12 years ago, this interest/love for German began developing for you. THe child is symbolic of this love for all things Germanic. I also get the impression, based on his age at end of dream ("late teens/early 20's) that you will be going to Germany in about eight years or so. Couplehood, which is what you were feeling with him ("I was in love with him"), indicates two becoming one. I get that you'll be visiting Germany and you will love it.

I hope this helps.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 05-01-2017, 05:33 AM
Guide

prepare yourself for the moment. It is one thing to learn "a culture". It is quite another to learn how a native to that culture thinks and processes and interacts/expresses in that culture. You have read things about Germans in dramatic context. My advice is to read and watch and observe things BY Germans. good future....
Old 06-01-2017, 04:40 AM
Knower

When I was a child, my mom started telling me about when she lived a few years in Germany. It's fascinated me ever since!