Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Ascender

You're wasting your time OB. You're dealing with a similar mindset to Islamic state, just minus the psychopathy. This fundamentalism is disturbing in 2016. The Bible is essentially a book of fiction written by powerful men to control the masses. How people today cannot see this themselves beggars belief!!!!!
Old 28-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
You're wasting your time OB. You're dealing with a similar mindset to Islamic state, just minus the psychopathy.
Of course you are correct metal as to his mindset, but I'm actually responding for my own personal reasons. I was raised a fundi and spent years working my way back from such horribly restrictive imagery. My long standing habit is to get angry at those who insist on not only drowning themselves in such nonsense but also using the weight of their "adulthood" to drag their children and those under their influence into that same dark and dank pit.

But it became clear that my anger over this doesn't help either me or them, especially me! So my writing to this fella is a sort of therapy on my part in relation to my own reaction to such things. I don't expect to make much of a dent in their own personal religious fantasy's. I've been in thousands of face to face conversations with others over this and it's amazing how tightly glued many are to these types of wakeful dreaming. So the idea that I could poke into it on a forum is even less likely. While I can still address how I feel about such and help clear out the residual cobwebs of my own earlier programming. Every time he responds gives me another opportunity to massage my own response to this in a deeper personally-visceral way. I'm actually having fun doing so. :)

And for him he gets the chance to further sell what it is that he's dreaming about, since this thread would have likely floated down the page and out of sight if I hadn't responded. So I've been giving him the ability to flesh-out his beliefs, as he was wishing to do when he first posted this.

Technically this should be a win win for both of us in terms of how we focus on things. As to actual legitimacy, his assertions have the likelihood of a snowballs-chance-in-hell of being accurate! :)