Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 17-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Master

That's great Astral. I hope you will like what you see.
Old 17-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Awave

For those interested in Nuummite, I suggest you read this first:
Code:
crystalskulls.com/sale/nuummite-real.html crystalskulls.com/sale/nuummite.html

I've noticed a lot of Nuummite being sold on ebay are fakes, or at least misidentified as such. Real Nuummite are stunningly beautiful. I have two Nuummite crystal skulls, one multicolor flash and one gold flash and both are equally amazing. The pictures do not do them justice because it's hard to capture the details on camera.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE REAL NUUMMITE

The iridescent flash of real Nuummite looks like fireworks, or like a meteor shower. The flash occurs in bright streaks of gold, blues, greens, yellows, bronze and occasionally red. This iridescent flash is often called "labradorescence" after the flash in labradorite, but labradorite's flash occurs in patches, while the flash of Nuummite occurs in sprays of colors, usually all over the stone.

WHAT ARE THE COLORS OF REAL NUUMMITE

Nuummite is a very black stone that often has areas of iridescent flash like matchstick shaped fireworks – these are usually in either gold tones or multi-colored blue/yellow/green, and occasionally this flash can even be red or bronze colored. Nuummite can also have a metallic matrix throughout the black stones, either in a silvery nickel, or a golden pyrite, and sometimes a combination of the two with some rust colored elements – metallic Nuummite can come with and without flash. Very rarely, the black Nuummite will be encrusted with red rubies, which usually don’t have any flash.

Nuummite comes in several varieties that are all dramatic, powerful and beautiful:

Black with multicolor flash – blue, yellow and green flash, like matchstick fireworks
Black with gold flash – dramatic gold or bronze flash, excellent for manifestation
Metallic Nuummite – black with gold pyrite and/or silver nickel creating a metallic sheen
Black with red ruby – the rarest of them all, red ruby encrustations, usually without flash

Nuummite is one of the oldest stones on earth, formed 3.8 billion years ago!
It's one of my favorite stones! I love my Nuummite crystal skulls.

I highly recommend you read the rest from their website:
Code:
Old 18-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awave
For those interested in Nuummite, I suggest you read this first:
Code:

I've noticed a lot of Nuummite being sold on ebay are fakes, or at least misidentified as such. Real Nuummite are stunningly beautiful. I have two Nuummite crystal skulls, one multicolor flash and one gold flash and both are equally amazing. The pictures do not do them justice because it's hard to capture the details on camera.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE REAL NUUMMITE

The iridescent flash of real Nuummite looks like fireworks, or like a meteor shower. The flash occurs in bright streaks of gold, blues, greens, yellows, bronze and occasionally red. This iridescent flash is often called "labradorescence" after the flash in labradorite, but labradorite's flash occurs in patches, while the flash of Nuummite occurs in sprays of colors, usually all over the stone.

WHAT ARE THE COLORS OF REAL NUUMMITE

Nuummite is a very black stone that often has areas of iridescent flash like matchstick shaped fireworks – these are usually in either gold tones or multi-colored blue/yellow/green, and occasionally this flash can even be red or bronze colored. Nuummite can also have a metallic matrix throughout the black stones, either in a silvery nickel, or a golden pyrite, and sometimes a combination of the two with some rust colored elements – metallic Nuummite can come with and without flash. Very rarely, the black Nuummite will be encrusted with red rubies, which usually don’t have any flash.

Nuummite comes in several varieties that are all dramatic, powerful and beautiful:

Black with multicolor flash – blue, yellow and green flash, like matchstick fireworks
Black with gold flash – dramatic gold or bronze flash, excellent for manifestation
Metallic Nuummite – black with gold pyrite and/or silver nickel creating a metallic sheen
Black with red ruby – the rarest of them all, red ruby encrustations, usually without flash

Nuummite is one of the oldest stones on earth, formed 3.8 billion years ago!
It's one of my favorite stones! I love my Nuummite crystal skulls.

I highly recommend you read the rest from their website:
Code:

Was worried my Nuummite was fake for a second after reading your post, but it has a few gold flashes. Not many but a few, so thankfully it is real. Nuummite is one of the stones I have with me every day and every night. In one of my crystal books it says it makes you invisible in the astral, I have proven that is not true though. Perhaps it needs to be charged but if I am anything in the astral it's not invisible. I have 2 girl spirits who follow me around and take me places, and now I made friends with two guys last night. First they tried to scare me but then they talked to me for awhile after I diffused the situation.
Old 18-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Master

hmmmm my nuummite has chips in it, tiny chips but not flashes like in the picture.

Hmmmm.
Old 18-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Likes2Read

I went in search of Nuummite images and descriptions and found that both flecks and flashes are mentioned on multiple sites. Which makes sense, as one of the possible inclusions in Nuummite is Pyrite.

I'm not finding a lot of reports of, or complaints about, fake Nuummite (other than the one crystal skull site referring to it as being an issue). Looking at the prices of the stone, I suspect it's just not expensive enough of a stone to go through the effort of producing fakes on a large scale. By the time the would-be swindler puts in the time and effort to procure ingredients and fabricate a fake stone, they might as well just get the REAL stone wholesale and sell that, for a lot less time and effort.

Moldavite is one to beware of fakes, however. Glass is easily molded into any shape, particularly if the mold is made from a genuine moldavite piece. I would be a bit less concerned that the low-priced, really small pieces are phony (though I would exercise some care across the board). BIG pieces, though, bring in a lot of money, so I could see where the temptation would exist to try and fabricate those.

Let the buyer be alert.
Old 19-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Read
I went in search of Nuummite images and descriptions and found that both flecks and flashes are mentioned on multiple sites. Which makes sense, as one of the possible inclusions in Nuummite is Pyrite.

I'm not finding a lot of reports of, or complaints about, fake Nuummite (other than the one crystal skull site referring to it as being an issue). Looking at the prices of the stone, I suspect it's just not expensive enough of a stone to go through the effort of producing fakes on a large scale. By the time the would-be swindler puts in the time and effort to procure ingredients and fabricate a fake stone, they might as well just get the REAL stone wholesale and sell that, for a lot less time and effort.

Moldavite is one to beware of fakes, however. Glass is easily molded into any shape, particularly if the mold is made from a genuine moldavite piece. I would be a bit less concerned that the low-priced, really small pieces are phony (though I would exercise some care across the board). BIG pieces, though, bring in a lot of money, so I could see where the temptation would exist to try and fabricate those.

Let the buyer be alert.

I agree you would think that low cost stones don't get faked as often, but they certainly do on occasion. I know someone who bought a quartz off of eBay from China and it was glass. With Quartz being so cheap who would of thought someone would fake it? The cheaper stones do get faked but it is much more rare than fakes of things like Moldavite. As far as most fakes go there are two rules. 1. Know everything possible about the stone you are buying, the more expertise you have the less likely you are to get scammed. Know exactly what it looks like, it's variations, and where it originates/is mined. 2. Don't buy anything from China. Personally I am even worried about buying a Chinese Tektite from a company in China. Even though Chinese Tektites are the most abundant and cheapest tektite in the world I am just very careful and don't buy from a company in China. I would say 90 some % of the fakes of crystals, gemstones, and tektites are being made in China. So stick by those two rules and in most cases you can purchase off the internet or even eBay without any issues. The third rule is build a repoire with a proven trusted dealer, this is by far the best way to be sure you are getting what you pay for. In the cases where the dealer doesn't sell what you're looking for try and ask them if they have any recommendations on whom to buy from. Or ask other people who are enthusiasts in the market and know good sources, as others have asked me about Moldavite.

On another note Lukas mailed me pictures of the Moldavite dumbbell he found for me. I am a little curious if it is really from Krasejovka because it doesn't have the frosted look Moldavite from there usually does, but I have seen pieces from there that are lacking the white stuff on it. I asked him if he's 100% sure but I know he wouldn't lie about it, I have found out CzechMoldavite.com (Lukas) is the largest liscenced legal dealer of Moldavite in the Czech Republic, he has connections to the only running commercial mine of Moldavite in Chlum and is 100% liscenced to deal Moldavite. Meaning if he's the largest dealer of Moldavite in the Czech Republic, then he is the largest dealer in the world. Just interesting to find out the guy you have spend thousands of dollars with on Moldavite is the largest dealer in the world. The dumbbell is 26.7 grams and is pretty nice looking, it's a little lop-sided but still would be considered a dumbbell. Dumbbells are pretty much one of the rarest Moldavite formations. When a molten Moldavite rod is spinning before hitting the ground it usually splits into 2 drops. On the rare occasion it spins enough to form 2 big ends and a thin middle and doesn't split into two drops as long as the ground doesn't cause it to deform you have a dumbbell. I have probably seen 4 dumbbells on the Moldavite market and they were all lop-sided or poor quality. I have looked at thousands of pieces of Moldavite at this point, so they are really rare. This one is decent quality, so I bought it as well as a rare apple green colored Moldavite, and a disk shaped piece from Vrabce. Just have to wait the 7-10 business days for shipping now, which is the toughest part of buying from Lukas. But it's well worth it!
Old 19-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Likes2Read

I just won a little bitty piece on eBay (17x5x2mm). I took one look at it and it just said, "Wand point!" to me. So I'm going to use it to adorn the tip of a wand.

There's one other long, somewhat larger piece I'm bidding on as well. If I decide that I want a larger wand tip instead, that will give me the option. Or if they provide a balanced enough appearance, I could make a double-terminated wand. If I win them both, then when I see them in person I'll have a better idea of what will work best.