Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

View Poll Results: Where do you fall on the Autism Spectrum?
31 & up Autism found 2 11.76%
14 - 30 Autism likely 7 41.18%
0 - 13 No autism symptoms 5 29.41%
I reject labels 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Master
Indigo, Crystal, Star Children and the Autism Spectrum?

I am exploring the possibility that there may be some relation between these things.

I have suspected for some time that I may have Aspergers and only just recently decided to try to get a diagnosis. I am waiting on insurance to help me find a Dr. but in the mean time I have been looking for online testing.

I found this one that placed me well within the margins of "Autism Likely" with a score of 21.

31 & up Autism found
14 - 30 Autism likely
0 - 13 No autism symptoms

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism-quiz.htm

Just wondering what other people score on this.
Old 23-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Deactivated Account

I just took it and voted my scrore :)
Old 23-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Kamila

Done
Old 23-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Knower

the spectrum

hi,

autism spectrum disorders are … a spectrum. that means that to some degree, everybody possesses traits that could be described as autistic.
online tests can be misleading. please do hold on until you have a chance to see an experienced professional. this type of diagnosis should not come lightly and requires in depth testing and consultation with a multidisciplinary team.
indigo and autism?
yes, some traits may be overlapping.

one point that could be confusing is that mostly, autistic people are considered to lack empathy (this can however be difficult to me sure since the vast majority are non verbal), while indigos, by definition are totally empathic, sometimes so much so it hurts.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat15
hi,

autism spectrum disorders are … a spectrum. that means that to some degree, everybody possesses traits that could be described as autistic.
online tests can be misleading. please do hold on until you have a chance to see an experienced professional. this type of diagnosis should not come lightly and requires in depth testing and consultation with a multidisciplinary team.
indigo and autism?
yes, some traits may be overlapping.

one point that could be confusing is that mostly, autistic people are considered to lack empathy (this can however be difficult to me sure since the vast majority are non verbal), while indigos, by definition are totally empathic, sometimes so much so it hurts.

I know this is not a replacement for a diagnosis. The one I sent my sister was criticized on account of it being a Non-official document. So, I was looking for something more legit. Although, I felt the other one did a better job of thoroughly outlining more of the characteristics of a female person with Aspergers.

https://aspiewomenspeak.wordpress.co...aracteristics/

I actually copied and saved it to a Word Doc highlighting all the traits that were relevant to myself with one color, and the ones that were partially relevant in another, while criticizing others as being entirely too vague and explaining why in yet another color next to the listed trait. Like so...

Quote:
8. Doesn’t simplify. I find this question too vague. I like to be efficient, this means I simplify as much as I can without sacrificing the quality of my work. I see many people simplifying to a point where it is just sloppy and this is something I try not to do.

At any rate I have an appt with a qualified professional next week.

I actually suspect there are a great many people on SF that would score high on this test. I just was struggling to find the right Forum to post it in so I picked one where I knew they would largely be critical of societal norms that are not beneficial to humanity. As Aspergers and Autism are identifying those who struggle with understanding societal norms.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Ivy

I scored 18, which puts me at likely. However, I work with autistic young people and don't believe for a moment that I have autism. I kind of feel that the test is catagorising anyone that is unsociable, for whatever reasons, as possibly autistic.

However, I think you are right to trust your instinct and to seek professional advice. I hope it goes well for you.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Hahaha, I reject labels. Though not really in all completeness, but diagnosing myself with autism doesn't really interest me. Though I'm sure a mental health professional would have a field day with the inside of my mind. That's assuming I'd let them in that is.
Old 24-03-2015, 06:45 AM
Ivy

I wonder if you will manage to reject the indigo label one day too Scarlett.
Old 24-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
I wonder if you will manage to reject the indigo label one day too Scarlett.

Who knows. I'm not really bothered.
Old 16-04-2015, 03:05 AM
Master
Update: Saw a psych Dr and tested moderate on the Autism Spectrum.