Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Knower
Sad Creepy Event

My neighbor and I haven't gotten along for many years. He would have loud parties and leave trash stashed between his place and mine. I have avoided confronting him for many years because he is very quickly angered, and I have no interest in physical confrontation.

The other night he aggressively approached me in our shared yard where I was BBQing, and he told me he would beat my butt (he used another word) if I kept the smoke going. I told him I would do my best to control the smoke, but that I couldn't control the wind, and I recommended that he close his windows for a bit until the smoke cleared.

Unhappy with my reply, he continued to attempt to intimidate me. I ignored him and continued cooking. As he kept on yelling at me and trying to control me, I told him that his attitude would one day land him in serious trouble. He asked if I was threatening him and I said no, that I was just trying to help him realize that not everyone handles direct confrontation as calmly as myself, and that one day he could be killed if he approached the wrong person in anger. He laughed and went back inside his place and closed the window.

I didn't hear from him for a day and a half, and then a new man was in my neighbors home. I spoke with the new man, who turned out to be my neighbor's brother. He said that my neighbor was shot and killed less than 12 hours before. Apparently he had intervened in an argument where he didn't belong, tried to control the situation, got angry, and was shot dead.

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I am glad my angry, loud, messy neighbor is no longer my neighbor, and on the other hand I'm creeped out by my seemingly prophetic utterance, and the suddenness of losing my neighbor in such a violent and preventable way. My wife considered him to be her friend, and she is a mess right now. I'm supporting her the best I can.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

GT

Last edited by Green Tree : 19-06-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 19-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Master
Oh wow, hard to believe this kind of thing happens in real life and not just on tv shows. Just be truly glad you have the wisdom to avoid unnecessary confrontations. Some people can't seem to resist that kind of defiance. I know it's sad, but I think your wife will get over it soon enough.

Old 19-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tree
My neighbor and I haven't gotten along for many years. ... My wife considered him to be her friend, and she is a mess right now. I'm supporting her the best I can. ...

1. That isn't a good sign for your marriage ...

2. It seems that "thoughts are things", as somebody put it. When awake we don't see them, but they're powerful, they act and attract. So, you might've had a minuscule role in your neighbor demise, through your thoughts about him. From what I read, it's better to forget than holding negative thoughts, fear, anger, etc.. It is neither necessary nor better to forgive, even less ... to turn the other cheek.

3. My suggestion: fuggedaboud'im! The takeaway: "thought are things".
Old 19-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
1. That isn't a good sign for your marriage ...

2. It seems that "thoughts are things", as somebody put it. When awake we don't see them, but they're powerful, they act and attract. So, you might've had a minuscule role in your neighbor demise, through your thoughts about him. From what I read, it's better to forget than holding negative thoughts, fear, anger, etc.. It is neither necessary nor better to forgive, even less ... to turn the other cheek.

Thank you for your considered response.

There is a back story to the relationship between my wife and our departed neighbor. The back story includes many aspects which are unimportant to the current situation. They were truly friends, and I never had any problem with their peaceful relationship. Our marriage is solid.

Yes, thoughts are things. It's also interesting to note that I recently asked the Universe to let me find paper currency on the ground, and I have found over $20 in cash since that request.

I'm not creeped out that I may have lent weight to cosmic events regarding my neighbor. I agree with your take away note... "Thoughts are things".

Perhaps I should take this as a sign of a portal into cosmic synergy and make proper inquiries at this time.
Old 19-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Oh wow, hard to believe this kind of thing happens in real life and not just on tv shows. Just be truly glad you have the wisdom to avoid unnecessary confrontations. Some people can't seem to resist that kind of defiance. I know it's sad, but I think your wife will get over it soon enough.

Thank you for being so sensitive.

This is a new experience for me on many levels.

I appreciate your encouragements :)
Old 19-06-2017, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator
Green Tree, I feel for you.
But your insight was spot on. That's what it was -insight. You had the intelligence and presence of mind to understand that inflammatory reactions like that can lead us into serious trouble with people who are intolerant of them. You were right.
I am sorry that happened to this guy. But you warned him. He was not possessed of the sort of self control where he could do anthing about his nature, even if your words touched an essential part of him. I guess he had to carry on 'being himself' to the end.

You certainly didn't do him any harm -okay?

This reminds me of something which happened when I was 17. Our family dog was ripped apart right in front of my eyes by a bull terrier belonging to a woman who lived down our road. She usually kept the dog chained up at the back, but he got loose that day.
Our dog passed away.
The next day, unknown to my parents, I went round to see the woman. I told her what had happened, and she did not seem to really care. I then told her that if something happened to one of her dear ones -then she would surely understand.
The following year her young boy was playing outside their house and was killed by a car coming around a bend.
This event upset me terribly. I believed myself partly to blame, and that I should not have said what I had said. But I clearly recall not saying it in any form of ill-will, but just as a comment to her about empathy.
Old 19-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Experiencer
In my opinion if anyone lent any weight to his demise it was probably so many others that he ticked off and yours was quite minuscule in comparison. I tend to see what may have happened as perhaps you had a glimpse of a possibility in his future. I don't know if you are psychic. I am and things like this have happened to me. I don't feel like there is anything good that can come out of feeling like what you said was a blaming-I think it was helping. I see all of life this way. You did not shadow his future, you possibly lent him a helping hand. He chose another route which is good also, there are no "wrong" paths.
So I think these things are all around us, sometimes they come from others mouths.

Best wishes to your wife.
Old 20-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine
... there are no "wrong" paths. ...
I read that assertion before, and I never found an angle to accept it. Maybe I'll get it eventually, or maybe it isn't so ... (?)
Old 20-06-2017, 01:05 AM
Gracey

((((hugs)))))
Old 20-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Knower
Thank you to everyone for responding sympathetically. I still can't believe it happened (he was only 40 years old). My wife is recovering. This event has caused she and I to reflect on all of our relationships, and to seek to encourage and foster those we've been neglecting or taking for granted. Life is a candle in a strong wind.