Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-08-2016, 02:25 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsamm
We all have negative things we don't want to own, it's part of being human. To accept and be at peace with all of our aspects is the goal of enlightenment, I believe. And for those of us who aspire to be more than merely human, we have some work to do.

Namaste
yes, it can be painful too, to be avoided at all costs. I believe transcending the dualistic nature of the inner self is a big part of it.
Old 25-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong-Sau
Exactly it is because of my perspective and because I've learned to look past my ego.
What I know for a fact is that everything happens for a reason all the hate/death/love/life suffering/happiness is perfection by itself.
How do you know for a fact this is true? It scares the **** out of me.
Quote:
If you see one thing as good or bad then you gotta move your ego out of it and understand that it's not an accident and it's supposed to happen.
Duality is perfection because without one you wouldn't know the other.
I agree it's perfect in the sense that duality offers the opportunity for self-awareness but the other side of this (no pun intended) is that it is used to judge, blame, hate, harm and even kill. I see no perfection in this and neither do I see this is supposed to happen. We make it happen, or we don't.
Old 25-08-2016, 02:43 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Even 'duality' as opposed to 'non-duality' is a paradox.

For duality to be absolute, any oppositional concepts or perceptions must be non-dual within themselves.

For example 'good vs evil' - what is 'good'? what is 'evil'? who is the judge of it? there isn't any 'perfect goodness' nor is there any 'perfect evil' so the duality is mithya (false perception) anyway.

It's like the Yin/Yang symbol, with black dot in Yang and white dot in Yin.

However, to fully and truly understand the whole nature of duality itself and the origins of it, leads one to have the whole 'knowledge awareness' (as opposed to experiential awareness) of the non-dual state.

There's 'Heads'...there's 'Tails'....oh look, a Coin!
I believe good and evil exist but they exist as a one-sided perception. The whole system and all our dramas are built on these dualistic perceptions. The exact same dualistic notions exist as a micro version within us all. We are creating our experience of life from the inside out and history just keeps on repeating itself. I believe we resolve the conflict within individually and change our collective experience of life for the better.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
How do you know for a fact this is true? It scares the **** out of me. I agree it's perfect in the sense that duality offers the opportunity for self-awareness but the other side of this (no pun intended) is that it is used to judge, blame, hate, harm and even kill. I see no perfection in this and neither do I see this is supposed to happen. We make it happen, or we don't.

I will post 2 comments from another thread I made.

Quote:
One should stop by in his own mind and start observing his thought pattern leading to certain actions dependant on the circumstance they are in. Once you look in deep and see that all your actions are dependant on something that you've learned and you act it out just as an actor doing his job on stage you start realising that all you've been doing your whole life is playing out your ego which has the exact same patterns of thought and limitations set by the things we've learned through our life experiences and we don't look past those limitations. This is the point at which one starts to question his actions and starts understanding that they're all dependent on the state of mind that he is in and that he is in total control of them. Untill then you're controlled by your ego and you're unable to even comprehend that you're living out the same pattern over and over again. After grasping this concept there is nothing impossible. It's about this ah-hah moment to which you must open yourself completely. Untill you do you will remain shackled by your own mind without even knowing it. Embrace all new experiences/knowledge no matter how ridiculous or illogical they seem as though they are your very own life force and don't fight them or set prejudices see what you can get out of them without caring about other peoples opinion.

Remove your ego and you will see as clearly as day that all is what it has to be and all you think of hate/judging/blaming etc. and thinking they're negative things will vanish.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:04 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Duality is perfection because without one you wouldn't know the other.
Duality isn't the perfection because you're missing the most important part of the whole process - consciousness. Existence is a trinity and it's 'designed' to expand - expand not raise - our consciousness if you want to think in relativistic terms. Sorry guys but it doesn't get any simpler. There is the light and there is the dark, and yes you know one when you know the other... but also! Your consciousness has expanded because you understand which is which, you know how they interact and why they are there. Another trinity in itself.

All things exist in relation to something else - perfection only exists in relation to imperfect and whichever one is which comes down to the chooser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Even 'duality' as opposed to 'non-duality' is a paradox
"As opposed to" but who put them into that opposition? If they are related within the trinity there is no opposition and no paradox. If you're talking in symbolism then the triangle is the strongest geometric shape. And absolute only exists in relation to relative - everything is absolutely relative.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Seeker

"Not two" or non-separation from God. To be honest Non-duality / duality can never be understood due to limitations / ignorance of true self, until such time you have knowledge of the truth, then you will know the truth and then what is the point in speaking of duality etc.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:22 PM
Master
Hello,

Just some thoughts.

Can agree that duality exist and discussions such as these seem to reflect this.

Find that it is that something is evaluated by one as being this or that, but this seems based on how and what one may believe and understand.

In its existence it seems it is both with in the consciousness. For as I see it if it is thoughts/ what is observed, then it is in its way in the consciousness.

The flip side is does one oppose the other? Does light oppose dark, does good oppose evil? Or is each just being as it is? We experience then evaluate what it was that was experienced.

To me it is not that this or that is separate from what may be observed and/or experience, but part of it.

It is direction taken that may determine as to how it may be evaluated and thus dealt with or lived.

This seems is according to the individual. With in what becomes conscious seems to blend into what one may become aware of. Becoming aware one may reflect the other, but both create what is and may be observed, IMO.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:13 AM
Guide

Quote:
I will post 2 comments from another thread I made.

Remove your ego and you will see as clearly as day that all is what it has to be and all you think of hate/judging/blaming etc. and thinking they're negative things will vanish.
My understanding of ego is lack of self-awareness and ego comes into awareness through duality. I also understand that self-awareness deals with internal judging, hating, blaming etc. and when they are no longer present within oneself, they are no longer projected onto others. A deeper understanding of each other is attained.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:27 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti Shanti
"Not two" or non-separation from God. To be honest Non-duality / duality can never be understood due to limitations / ignorance of true self, until such time you have knowledge of the truth, then you will know the truth and then what is the point in speaking of duality etc.
The truth is subjective and I believe your 'truth' of how you perceive duality and non-duality are opposed to my 'truth'' of what they represent. There it is, duality in action. If we could have two identical perceptions, that would be non-duality but I don't think it has ever happened.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:38 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Just some thoughts.

Can agree that duality exist and discussions such as these seem to reflect this.

Find that it is that something is evaluated by one as being this or that, but this seems based on how and what one may believe and understand.

In its existence it seems it is both with in the consciousness. For as I see it if it is thoughts/ what is observed, then it is in its way in the consciousness.

The flip side is does one oppose the other? Does light oppose dark, does good oppose evil?
It does in the physical experience. We see it every day but there would be very few who would admit, or even know they are evil because deep down they are not. We are all a product of our life experiences and duality enables the possibility of changing the effect our past had on us.

Quote:

Or is each just being as it is? We experience then evaluate what it was that was experienced.

To me it is not that this or that is separate from what may be observed and/or experience, but part of it.

It is direction taken that may determine as to how it may be evaluated and thus dealt with or lived.

This seems is according to the individual. With in what becomes conscious seems to blend into what one may become aware of. Becoming aware one may reflect the other, but both create what is and may be observed, IMO.