Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-08-2016, 05:18 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
Do we have to inflict such suffering to create something good? Wars still go on and on and on. Isn't it time we learned something new?

Of course we don't have to but there are a lot of factors that do not allow for the end of war and enlightenment of everybody just yet. Altough it will happen so just embrace it when it does.
And just saying that everything is relative and every positive has it's negative should be enough to end this whole discussion and scream the truth that everything is more then perfect it's all just about your perspective. In the end good/bad is your perspective of an action. While doing something might be bad for you it might not be for someone else and that's just because he's looking through a different perspective so we all need to learn to let go of that perspective (limit) that doesn't allow us to see past our ego. When we do that we realise that the relativity and duality actually mean balance and perfection.

Last edited by Hong-Sau : 23-08-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Old 23-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Seeker

Maguru,

Code:
Do we have to inflict such suffering to create something good? Wars still go on and on and on. Isn't it time we learned something new?

I could not agree more, Maguru, it should be time to move on from that old way of resolving differences. But we have not. It appears that we DO still need to inflict suffering, as it is a current part of who we are as humans. But the deeper reality is that there IS goodness everywhere, in all things, and that is where our hope lies. Hope that the human race can find it's way out of the need to inflict suffering in anyway.

Namaste
Old 23-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Master

Quote:
I interpret duality more as ''differences'' and as such are not prone to judgement. It enables me to see reality as is and not through my perceptions e.g. of good or bad. There are no two identical species and no exact opposites. We have similarities and differences. That's it. All of which can be opportunities to become self-aware. "There but for the grace of god go I" and I take that statement to mean without awareness of you, there is no awareness of me.

I used to say this to not seeing the act. But I tend now to look at duality in relation to other's now and not only myself. Yes, duality is as you have said. Some give the analogy as a coin, positive on one side and it's opposite on the other side of the coin. I have come to observe if you look at the coin we seek only one side not the other and this leads to act. In fact we avoid negative! It is in what we do, avoid negative. When I say avoidance, do we not tend to seek the positive duality always, that is what feels good to the mind. We do not seek the negative. This is something I realized about duality. Do we at all act selfishly to achieve even at the expense of others. I say in duality we act to avoid the negative and we are not even aware. I use to be the most important thing to me.
Old 24-08-2016, 12:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I used to say this to not seeing the act. But I tend now to look at duality in relation to other's now and not only myself. Yes, duality is as you have said. Some give the analogy as a coin, positive on one side and it's opposite on the other side of the coin. I have come to observe if you look at the coin we seek only one side not the other and this leads to act. In fact we avoid negative! It is in what we do, avoid negative. When I say avoidance, do we not tend to seek the positive duality always, that is what feels good to the mind. We do not seek the negative. This is something I realized about duality. Do we at all act selfishly to achieve even at the expense of others. I say in duality we act to avoid the negative and we are not even aware. I use to be the most important thing to me.
My most amazing realization was that of a two sided coin being the source of being. The nature of the divine. Only I saw one side as still, without change and formless while the other was the creative, the feminine, the source of all form including positive and negative or complementing opposites.
I'll never forget it. The beauty of that vision stayed with me for a while.
Old 24-08-2016, 01:44 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong-Sau
Of course we don't have to but there are a lot of factors that do not allow for the end of war and enlightenment of everybody just yet. Altough it will happen so just embrace it when it does.
And just saying that everything is relative and every positive has it's negative should be enough to end this whole discussion and scream the truth that everything is more then perfect it's all just about your perspective. In the end good/bad is your perspective of an action. While doing something might be bad for you it might not be for someone else and that's just because he's looking through a different perspective so we all need to learn to let go of that perspective (limit) that doesn't allow us to see past our ego. When we do that we realise that the relativity and duality actually mean balance and perfection.
Perfection is one side of duality. As long as perfection exists, so will imperfection. Isn't your idea of perfection through your personal perspective?
Old 24-08-2016, 01:59 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsamm
Maguru,

Code:

I could not agree more, Maguru, it should be time to move on from that old way of resolving differences. But we have not. It appears that we DO still need to inflict suffering, as it is a current part of who we are as humans. But the deeper reality is that there IS goodness everywhere, in all things, and that is where our hope lies. Hope that the human race can find it's way out of the need to inflict suffering in anyway.

Namaste
I believe the solution lies within us. In transcending our inner dualities we resolve our inner conflict. We become naturally peaceful and more open, accepting and understanding of differences.
Old 24-08-2016, 02:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Yes, avoiding the negative side of self is giving it permission to run amok. The negative will show up time and again. How can you not be aware?
Old 24-08-2016, 02:52 AM
Seeker

We all have negative things we don't want to own, it's part of being human. To accept and be at peace with all of our aspects is the goal of enlightenment, I believe. And for those of us who aspire to be more than merely human, we have some work to do.

Namaste
Old 24-08-2016, 05:33 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Perfection is one side of duality. As long as perfection exists, so will imperfection. Isn't your idea of perfection through your personal perspective?

Exactly it is because of my perspective and because I've learned to look past my ego.
What I know for a fact is that everything happens for a reason all the hate/death/love/life suffering/happiness is perfection by itself.
If you see one thing as good or bad then you gotta move your ego out of it and understand that it's not an accident and it's supposed to happen.
Duality is perfection because without one you wouldn't know the other.
Old 24-08-2016, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Duality is here to stay. You cannot get rid of duality and we wouldn't want to as duality gives rise to awareness. Transcending duality is to rise above the notions of duality. For instance, realizing that nothing is perfect, or at best resides only in the eye of the beholder, then the opposite notion of imperfection dissolves. Also in understanding how human nature came to be, the realisation that no human being is either 100% good or 100% evil negates the notions of good and evil. In reality there is nothing to compare as each and every item is unique. Duality is there to facilitate self-awareness and not to compare, compete, judge or blame. We cannot be other than who we are being in any given moment but through the existence of duality we can change. It is all there to promote spiritual transformation and to do this, we must transform our perceptions of reality.
Even 'duality' as opposed to 'non-duality' is a paradox.

For duality to be absolute, any oppositional concepts or perceptions must be non-dual within themselves.

For example 'good vs evil' - what is 'good'? what is 'evil'? who is the judge of it? there isn't any 'perfect goodness' nor is there any 'perfect evil' so the duality is mithya (false perception) anyway.

It's like the Yin/Yang symbol, with black dot in Yang and white dot in Yin.

However, to fully and truly understand the whole nature of duality itself and the origins of it, leads one to have the whole 'knowledge awareness' (as opposed to experiential awareness) of the non-dual state.

There's 'Heads'...there's 'Tails'....oh look, a Coin!