Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-08-2016, 03:24 AM
Guide

Transcending Duality

Duality is here to stay. You cannot get rid of duality and we wouldn't want to as duality gives rise to awareness. Transcending duality is to rise above the notions of duality. For instance, realizing that nothing is perfect, or at best resides only in the eye of the beholder, then the opposite notion of imperfection dissolves. Also in understanding how human nature came to be, the realisation that no human being is either 100% good or 100% evil negates the notions of good and evil. In reality there is nothing to compare as each and every item is unique. Duality is there to facilitate self-awareness and not to compare, compete, judge or blame. We cannot be other than who we are being in any given moment but through the existence of duality we can change. It is all there to promote spiritual transformation and to do this, we must transform our perceptions of reality.
Old 19-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Greenslade

This thread is wrongly titled, something like "Get your head out of the box" would be more apt because that's what the concept of duality is. It's a mode of thought that should have died a long time ago. The word 'duality' is also wrong, it's polarised thinking. Light and Dark, Spiritual and mundane and on it goes. Light good, dark bad; Spiritual good, mundane bad. This and that, two-dimensional. Everything exists in relation to something else; Light only exists because there is darkness and Spiritual only exists because there is mundane. If you focus solely on the Light you don't see the Light, you are only focusing on a very narrow band of the spectrum.

It's simply visualised by Sacred Geometry and the Vesica Pisces; it forms the basis for the Christian fish, the Egyptian Eye of Ra and the Buddhist Flower of Life. Draw two overlapping circles, one above the other. See? In the overlap the trinity comes into play. One circle is Light and the other is dark, and there's a place where they are in relationship and the two come together. It begins to make simple common sense and duality is transcended, there's no more dualistic this versus that; in the trinity there is this, that and there is both. When you encompass that consciousness you have four dimensions instead of two. It's a very simple visualisation that can be applied to pretty much anything; Light and dark, Spiritual and mundane.... and so on.

Duality only exists in the consciousness of the people who believe in it.
Old 19-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Master
Duality, in spiritual terms, as far as I understand it, refers to 'the observer' and 'the observed'. When people believe this to be the real, it is said they are beset by the illusion that they are 'a separate self'.

Personally, I find the whole thing a little contrived and leave it for others to ponder, while I take the geometric approach, which is completely theoretical, and I call 'dot theory'. I have argued the theory with brainiacs who couldn't tear it down, and I even convinced a couple of people of it, since they couldn't find flaw in its logic, and slowly had to concede, point by point, while still looking at me strangely as I went off into the philosophical implications, which are totally farrout. It's not as serious as the spiritual view, and it's more fun, and call me mad, but I've spent years thinkig about a small collection of dots. hahahaha.
Old 20-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
Duality is here to stay. You cannot get rid of duality and we wouldn't want to as duality gives rise to awareness

Duality gives rise to avoidance and choice.

Have you ever felt the energy of love. Who would wish to be sad? Have you ever felt the energy of sadness. Who would wish to be sad? Duality is a lesson or can be. What do you do in duality?
Old 21-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
... to promote spiritual transformation...
we must transform our perceptions of reality.
Now this could have been said by any great mind in the past 500 years!

Excellent, Maguru.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
This thread is wrongly titled, something like "Get your head out of the box" would be more apt because that's what the concept of duality is.
It's a mode of thought that should have died a long time ago. The word 'duality' is also wrong, it's polarized thinking. Light and Dark, Spiritual and mundane and on it goes.
Light good, dark bad; Spiritual good, mundane bad. This and that, two-dimensional.
Everything exists in relation to something else; Light only exists because there is darkness and Spiritual only exists because there is mundane. If you focus solely on the Light you don't see the Light, you are only focusing on a very narrow band of the spectrum.

It's simply visualised by Sacred Geometry and the Vesica Pisces; it forms the basis for the C
Draw two overlapping circles, one above the other.
See? In the overlap the trinity comes into play. One circle is Light and the other is dark, and there's a place where they are in relationship and the two come together.
It begins to make simple common sense and duality is transcended, there's no more dualistic this versus that; in the trinity there is this, that and there is both.
When you encompass that consciousness you have four dimensions instead of two.
It's a very simple visualization that can be applied to pretty much anything; Light and dark, Spiritual and mundane.... and so on.

Duality only exists in the consciousness of the people who believe in it.
Wow, what a post!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Seeker

This is a great thread.

My own personal understanding of this concept came from reading Ken Wilber back in the day (15 years ago or so), when he explained Duality as two sides of the same coin. Impossible to have one without the other.

It was Wilber's teaching that freed me from the Heaven/Hell, Good/Evil world I'd learned from my Christian background. I gave up my belief in the entities of God and Satan as I had been taught them, realizing there is no ABSOLUTE good or evil anywhere in the universe. Every "bad" event has something good in it if you look for it. Including the Holocaust and 911.

Just my two cents worth !

Namaste
Old 23-08-2016, 04:20 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Duality gives rise to avoidance and choice.

Have you ever felt the energy of love. Who would wish to be sad? Have you ever felt the energy of sadness. Who would wish to be sad? Duality is a lesson or can be. What do you do in duality?
I interpret duality more as ''differences'' and as such are not prone to judgement. It enables me to see reality as is and not through my perceptions e.g. of good or bad. There are no two identical species and no exact opposites. We have similarities and differences. That's it. All of which can be opportunities to become self-aware. "There but for the grace of god go I" and I take that statement to mean without awareness of you, there is no awareness of me.
Old 23-08-2016, 04:24 AM
Guide

Thankyou for all responses. It's very interesting to see all the different interpretations through different perspectives. Who is right and who is wrong? Is there one dualistic reality that we can all see?
Old 23-08-2016, 04:27 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsamm
This is a great thread.

My own personal understanding of this concept came from reading Ken Wilber back in the day (15 years ago or so), when he explained Duality as two sides of the same coin. Impossible to have one without the other.

It was Wilber's teaching that freed me from the Heaven/Hell, Good/Evil world I'd learned from my Christian background. I gave up my belief in the entities of God and Satan as I had been taught them, realizing there is no ABSOLUTE good or evil anywhere in the universe. Every "bad" event has something good in it if you look for it. Including the Holocaust and 911.

Just my two cents worth !

Namaste
Do we have to inflict such suffering to create something good? Wars still go on and on and on. Isn't it time we learned something new?