Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-03-2018, 09:49 PM
Experiencer
How many of you are surfing online for crystals just to look and drool

How many of you are surfing online for crystals on etsy, amazon, ebay, your local shops website etc.. just to fantasize about what you could buy or own in future?

Sometimes I find myself losing an hour or more just gazing and browsing. Good thing I know there is real citrine and citrine (fake/ heated amethyst). I'd say 95% sellers are selling heated amethyst.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Administrator
Hello

You have to be careful on line. Its best to look at of all places second hand stores as I find so many there. This way chances are your getting the real meal deal.

I found a large raw amethyst node at a yard sale. Its value is $1500 - $2000 cdn and I paid just over $100 cdn for it. I got some Picture Jasper Eggs for $5 each and they are worth over $100 each in a shop. I told the vender the value and he did not seem to care came out of an estate.

My husband got some in the UK at Car Boot Sales that have a huge value to them for next to nothing.

So look around places you night not think to do so and find some amazing treasures.

Too those that sell fake will have karma attached to them.

Lynn
Old 11-03-2018, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
How many of you are surfing online for crystals on etsy, amazon, ebay, your local shops website etc.. just to fantasize about what you could buy or own in future?

Sometimes I find myself losing an hour or more just gazing and browsing. Good thing I know there is real citrine and citrine (fake/ heated amethyst). I'd say 95% sellers are selling heated amethyst.

Hi Bubbles!

Please hon don't get me started on picture surfing for stones online and yes the subsequent drool.

In seriousness I have stopped looking at ebay at crystal eggs, and tourmaline crystals etc etc celestite and the like.

I have this habit of looking, and unfortunately I can not remotely afford anything I find myself drawn to currently so at this time sadly I do not have enough finances to purchase anything truly bigger in size. I notice many small polished stones on ebay and elsewhere just look fake, and if they look fake to me chances are the small purchase though perhaps affordable will not interest me.

But yes I have been known to do this, browse endlessly listings of different stones.

The good in all this is I did learn of quite a few stones I had not previously heard of.

The bad in it is it causes me frustration, to feel drawn to a certain type of mineral and know it is not currently or may never come to be in my price range or affordable.

I did use to go out and find small stones when younger, green tourmaline, red garnet, aquamarine,, beryl etc, but this was years ago, and unfortunately as well, I can not get my family members to get up and do anything now a days.

I've been wanting to get to the beach with the metal detector and put it to use like I have been wanting over this weekend and can not for the life of me seem to be able to get these folks up and moving.

They only have interest in something if it is convenient for them

So while yes I did like previously to search and browse and look, and drool, it ended up causing too much frustration in the end. I'd actually like to be able to find nice stones and minerals naturally around here, but again these days gotta be in the right place.

So for now, I've giving in and given browsing a rest.
Old 16-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Guide

I do that constantly (hi eBay and Etsy). :)
Old 18-03-2018, 01:20 AM
Master
I used to do that, until I discovered this great crystal shop about 30 minutes drive from where I lived at the time. From where I live now it's close to an hour.
They have over 800 different types of crystals, all top quality for very friendly prices. Often very unusual crystals and/or newly found crystals that you can hardly get anywhere else.
Since I found them, I hardly ever shop online anymore because I've yet to find a seller/shop that can compete with what 'my' shop has to offer, both when it comes to price as well as quality and vibration.
But in the past I used to look on Ebay a lot. I have bought from Ebay too. Etsy not so much. Somehow I don't really like Etsy. Ebay I know you have buyers protection.
But drooling, I don't feel that need anymore either. I have over 300 crystals, if I want to drool, or feel called, I go to this shop and spend a wonderful afternoon there :) See and touch and hold the crystals for real, free coffee and cake, friendly people. Most people spend hours there, just enjoying it. If the weather allows it you can sit in the garden, take your crystals and coffee with you. They trust that everyone is honest and doesn't simply walk off with the crystals without paying nor sneak them into their purses. Very relaxed. So I prefer to drool there, haha.
Old 18-03-2018, 07:38 AM
Experiencer
Wow ! I wish we had a crystal shop like that here. All of the metaphysical shops in town just have small crystals, and very mainstream crystals, which is why I thought maybe I would sell larger pieces from importing.

I sometimes browse around at crystals on ebay, but I like to be realistic about things. Usually I only look at things under $ 1000, ( or maybe items slightly more I think I can barter ) because realistically I wouldn't want to spend more than that on an item, and once I start looking, there is a good chance I end up with that in my collection

Sure sometimes it's nice to look at specimens that are 70,000 dollars for fun, but never would I spend that much, in fact I have purchased some really huge impressive crystals for only a couple hundred.

Personally I think crystals are a good investment, they don't break or wear out like other products, heck I think most would even survive a fire !
Old 18-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Master
It is indeed a great shop! I took my son and his girl there. My son said "It doesn't feel like a shop." And it doesn't. It's more like a day out, or visiting friends who happen to have a huge crystal collection that's on sale.
I am so happy I have access to them :) Their network is solid, and they even have ways to purchase Robert Simmon's crystals without him being involved. I think that's great as I don't like someone who patents Mother Nature's gifts.

Investing in crystals is tricky. Gold is gold to everyone, as is silver. Diamonds would be good. But I think gold even better. Crystals are personal. Things you like may not be liked by another. What one feels is worth 1000 dollars, another may feel isn't worth more than 100 dollars. Very personal.
Gold is not personal. Gold is gold to everyone. Selling gold is always possible and easy. Selling $10.000 worth of gold is done in a flash. Selling $10.000 worth of crystals is pot-luck and wait and see. Might take years.
As for surviving a fire... I happen to know someone who was in a fire, and if memory serves she lost all her crystal skulls and crystals. And those weren't cheap China made crystal skulls, so if you're talking investment, she lost a lot.
Most larger pieces -including skulls- have fissures and I think intense heat will simply make them explode.
Old 18-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Experiencer
Ahh, I guess not so fireproof then. I still think overall they are a good investment however, at least better than many of my previous investments. Never got a short fuse like my $ 1000 subwoofer, never got creased or bent out of shape like my books, never got warped or scratched like my C.Ds, didn't get obsolete like VHS tapes or DVDs, never dropped huge value or lost global interest like hockey cards, I could go on and on....

Yeah you're right about them being personal, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find them more interesting than hunks of gold, and diamonds are way cool, but I prefer coloured gemstones, that's why the wife and I are getting tourmaline rings as our wedding bands.

It's been over 5 years since I started collecting crystals, I see no end in sight, I have never loved a collection or hobby like I do this stuff.
Old 24-03-2018, 03:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Well..i guess it's my daily ritual to look and drool for that special piece
Old 25-03-2018, 06:48 AM
Experiencer
Same daily ritual here too. At least most days anyhow. It's really the only hobby I have though, unless you count the occasional movie or video game.