Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 12:45 PM
celest

Each individual has their own conscience, but don't forget ' Karma '
Old 06-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidNinja
what do you think of hunting? is it bad that you are taking a life, though i guess life just re-lives on after that and doesnt matter too much as the being in the animal will have another experience and be more experienced from being hunted? and hunting imo is only good if u use all the animal or atleast the meat.
whats your outlook? i used to be a heavy meat eater but just became vegetarian cos it "apparently" lowers your vibes and connection. and i used to hunt a bit but stopped though i am wondering this as me and a friend are going on a 2 day survival trip where we go into the bush and only take clothes, water and knives and tomahawks, and meat would be our really only source of food unless we found berries that we were confident to eat..
thoughts should i thank the animal for killing it?

My take on killing an animal, it is always between you and the animal.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Master
Its just a by-product of being within a fallen state, if we are connected to a infinite energy source! which electro-magnetically we are, hunting should not really take place. But of course the knowledge of self is what us human's have forgotten, and it is what we are trying to remember. We are not evolving we are just trying to remember....

So of course hunting for food in this state, going to continue to happen until a new model of reality is remembered! and a shift occurs. Plus some cultures such as the american Indians, i believe used to pray and give thanks to the animals they had to kill in order to survive.

Hunting for sport..? i sometimes stumble across people who express enjoyment and pride in these sort of activities. I have even seen people describe this as a masculine venture.

I think it is weak and a coward's venture, strip those people down and take away their tools. Then put them in a cage with a tiger, and lets see who is tough! who can really hunt....etc.

Forget the cage, do it out the open...
Old 06-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Well I didn't mean just like that! They'd have to learn of course, just the same as with gutting an animal which can cause problems. My main point is that so much spirit is wasted with the factory provision of meat, not to forget entire bodies are sometimes just thrown away - a life wasted.

As to suffering - who knows how much some suffer from "approved" killing? After sticking a pig it's drained for 6 minutes, most of which time its heart must still be beating. That's before we get onto the practices of certain religions.

I'll add these are things I've never done myself. Chicken and some processed meats are all I touch these days and then only rarely.

Yes, I do agree with the sentiment you expressed and will add that there is far wider destruction from grazing animals used for food. But in its literal sense, you can imagine the carnage if the meat eating population of London went hunting.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator
I am sorry to say I have killed quite a few times. In the distant past -for food, although that was a very long time ago and I have neither desire nor need to do that any more. And sometimes to prevent rabbits with Myxomatosis from having to endure any longer. And in the more recent past, only to put a severely-injured animal out of its misery swiftly. Each time I took a life, even for compassionate reasons, I shook from head to foot with the full import of what I had done, and disliked every second of it. I cannot imagine doing that for any kind of recreational reason....even a survival experiment.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:57 AM
Knower
Don't worry, Tobi No need to feel sorry. What is done is done and you now have experience.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidNinja
what do you think of hunting? is it bad that you are taking a life, though i guess life just re-lives on after that and doesnt matter too much as the being in the animal will have another experience and be more experienced from being hunted? and hunting imo is only good if u use all the animal or atleast the meat.
whats your outlook? i used to be a heavy meat eater but just became vegetarian cos it "apparently" lowers your vibes and connection. and i used to hunt a bit but stopped though i am wondering this as me and a friend are going on a 2 day survival trip where we go into the bush and only take clothes, water and knives and tomahawks, and meat would be our really only source of food unless we found berries that we were confident to eat..
thoughts should i thank the animal for killing it?

Plants are just consciousness stuck in one place, it can't run from the hunter like a deer. In other words if you are going to survive on this planet you must eat things which were alive until you decided to eat them.

Meanwhile you yourself are being hunted to be eaten to provide life for another life form. Bacteria, viruses, fungus and all manner of things would love to partake of your delicious essence and in fact are right now!

This is life. Life feeds on life. We can turn it into a moral and ethical debate, but to what point? If we stop eating that which was or is living we will starve to death - this is the way of things.

We might say that we are not killing the plant, nearly removing some lettuce leaves, or removing part of it and it's still alive. Which is so, I too could live with an arm torn off most likely... but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be ghastly painful loosing it!

Better to have reverence, gratitude and appreciation for all life which has given itself so that you might live, be it the chicken, the lettuce, the corn or the berry. This is where the tradition of Grace before a meal comes from - thanking the consciousness which gave it's body so that you might remain in yours for another day :)

Hold no guilt that you must consume life in order to live, but extend your love and gratitude, from your heart in deep appreciation, to all that you must consume in order to live.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
Hunting for sport..? i sometimes stumble across people who express enjoyment and pride in these sort of activities. I have even seen people describe this as a masculine venture.

I think it is weak and a coward's venture, strip those people down and take away their tools. Then put them in a cage with a tiger, and lets see who is tough! who can really hunt....etc.

Forget the cage, do it out the open...

Sad to say, humans are among a very few species that kill for enjoyment and amusement.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Plants are just consciousness stuck in one place, it can't run from the hunter like a deer. In other words if you are going to survive on this planet you must eat things which were alive until you decided to eat them.

Meanwhile you yourself are being hunted to be eaten to provide life for another life form. Bacteria, viruses, fungus and all manner of things would love to partake of your delicious essence and in fact are right now!

This is life. Life feeds on life. We can turn it into a moral and ethical debate, but to what point? If we stop eating that which was or is living we will starve to death - this is the way of things.

We might say that we are not killing the plant, nearly removing some lettuce leaves, or removing part of it and it's still alive. Which is so, I too could live with an arm torn off most likely... but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be ghastly painful loosing it!

Better to have reverence, gratitude and appreciation for all life which has given itself so that you might live, be it the chicken, the lettuce, the corn or the berry. This is where the tradition of Grace before a meal comes from - thanking the consciousness which gave it's body so that you might remain in yours for another day :)

Hold no guilt that you must consume life in order to live, but extend your love and gratitude, from your heart in deep appreciation, to all that you must consume in order to live.

What a wonderful response.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Master
Angel1

What has hunting got to do with spirituality
Or am I missing out on something here ...........

Last edited by Pagandell : 07-08-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Closed Thread