Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 06-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Master
Hi yes I'm an empath I never realised it until I met my x boyfriend. I could feel all his sadness and pain from previous relationships . I was caught up with his emotions and fear, which caused me to act strange around him . He then took it all the wrong way and said I was aloof and had a superiority complex

I now recognise this ,but at the time i didnt realise what was going on .
A big learning Curve for me keep grounded and protected , listen to friends have empathy but don't take on their emotional baggage .

I found a brilliant blog about it http://rachelsword.wordpress.com/201...ons-continued/

Last edited by Topaz : 06-12-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 30-12-2010, 01:02 AM
autumn

I am. But, I think I need to learn to control it more...

Where do you all live? I live out in the middle of nowhere, because I find it peaceful.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Guthee

me too, I can't control it good yet, I feel others emotions as my own most of the time. Getting better at shielding myself thankfully
Old 16-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Master
may i humbly suggest that being able to observe your personal reaction to stimuli and then observe the contrast between your emotional values and that of others might be a handy skill to develope. you might try making a point of isolating yourself occassionally and practice feeling your own personality tone. because all incoming emotions will have the signiture of the originator stamped on it, if you develope the skill to detect the contrasts between your vibrational signiture and that of the originator you can feel and observe the originator's emotions without the confusing loss of Id. this skill can eventually become reflex, where the vibrational signitures on incoming emotional data is automaticly noted and contrasted.
Old 30-01-2011, 02:58 AM
equuslife

Yes, I am an Empath and a Healer. My primary work is with animals, but I receive much information regarding humans as well.

I have been seeking other Empaths to connect with and share experiences.
Old 30-01-2011, 03:41 AM
equuslife

Wanted to change my reply notification to instant and could only figure how to do it this way for now.

Thanks.
Old 31-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by equuslife
Yes, I am an Empath and a Healer. My primary work is with animals, but I receive much information regarding humans as well.

I have been seeking other Empaths to connect with and share experiences.

i do wild animal rehab. though i can feel my little furry or feathered friends' feelings i tend to block it out or i can't do what i need to do to help them. their pain and fear stalls me otherwise. also if i get too close to them and my efforts to save them fail and they die the emotional effect on me is devastating.
Old 31-01-2011, 04:31 PM
equuslife

I do a procedure I call "Clean Sweep". I go to horse sales where there are hundreds of horses going on the auction block or to slaughter. Most of them are in horrible condition. I go through the barns aisle by aisle and send them all protection, courage, and acceptance of their outcome so that they will have inner peace. I try to facilitate them becoming detached observers so they will be shielded from the fear and pain.

When I first used to do this it emotionally destroyed me. I would come home exhausted and depressed for days, even physically ill. I finally (through the guidance and teaching of another horse who came to me spiritually and went with me to the sales) found a way to shield myself from absorbing the negative energy and found the ability to feel the positive energy of the good I was doing for them and the relief I was giving them.

This has helped me tremendously and in turn facilitated my work exponentially.
Old 31-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by equuslife
I do a procedure I call "Clean Sweep". I go to horse sales where there are hundreds of horses going on the auction block or to slaughter. Most of them are in horrible condition. I go through the barns aisle by aisle and send them all protection, courage, and acceptance of their outcome so that they will have inner peace. I try to facilitate them becoming detached observers so they will be shielded from the fear and pain.

When I first used to do this it emotionally destroyed me. I would come home exhausted and depressed for days, even physically ill. I finally (through the guidance and teaching of another horse who came to me spiritually and went with me to the sales) found a way to shield myself from absorbing the negative energy and found the ability to feel the positive energy of the good I was doing for them and the relief I was giving them.

This has helped me tremendously and in turn facilitated my work exponentially.

wow! i admire your courage and fortitude. i couldn't do it. i just couldn't go into a situation like that and manage to come out emotionally stable. i have 3 salvaged horses of my own. 1 is a quarter horse who was rescued from an abusive redneck. (aside from beating her unmercifully he BRANDED her for no reason!) the other 2 are standard bred ex-racing trotters who would have ended up in dog food cans.

i too use calming vibes to try to mitigate the fear and pain my little wounded and/or orphanned wildlings are enduring. some respond well, seem to understand. others so not so much. small birds and baby bunnies are especially delicate.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Toolite

Yes.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!