Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Administrator
In my opinion churches or chapels are about control they tell you what they think and expect you to follow.
I am a spiritualist and I follow my own path in my opinion that's the best way to be.

Namaste
Old 03-07-2018, 04:58 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
In my opinion churches or chapels are about control they tell you what they think and expect you to follow.
I am a spiritualist and I follow my own path in my opinion that's the best way to be.

Namaste

Jesus was clear at Matthew 7:21-23--- Only those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom.
Your path is not the narrow gate that Jesus taught all they must enter that way. He said it would be FEW.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:40 PM
Master

entering the narrow gate isn't being narrow minded ;)
when people claim to 'know' completely and exactly what a person must do and believe - I think, no, no-one can be sure

KJW there is a tension between the 'few' and the fact Jesus is said to be messiah for everyone.
I think that whatever he meant by that has been taken and used to justify beliefs that are never going to be widely accepted because they are kind of wacky. So, lo and behold when only a few believe them, it reinforces the logic.
There is for sure unresolved tension in Christianity over this and many other issues. Either this is cause to turn on everyone else or reflect that this is actually how things are meant to be
I can't imagine heaven is full only of JW's and everyone else is excluded, it's just silly :) but it's silly too whoever says this, because they are just saying, look me and my friends are going to heaven, and you are not. Yeah right, and you are... not God :)
Old 05-07-2018, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
entering the narrow gate isn't being narrow minded ;)
when people claim to 'know' completely and exactly what a person must do and believe - I think, no, no-one can be sure

I like what you said here, davidmartin!
Old 05-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Experiencer

I have always been very close to God even as a small child. All through out my childhood I went to any church I could find that had a bus that picked up people in the neighborhoods I lived in. As I got older a lot of things within all churches I had attended did not make sense. When I was a teenager I became aware of certain things and when I became an adult I was able to confirm a lot of it.

The bible was put together by a council of men. The majority of biblical texts where left out and sealed away. Somethings were added to the text and other things where omitted. It depended on the desires and beliefs of society at the time.

Christianity was born out of paganism and shares a lot of pagan holidays. Christianity adopted these holidays so more people would come to the church.
For example Jesus was not born in December it was actually in the spring. We observe Christmas in December due to the fact that it coincided with the Romans winter festival.
The reason we have an Easter bunny is due to the rabbit being a symbol of fertility in pagan beliefs etc.

All churches if you pay close enough attention have fallen into Gossip and greed. To say the least.

So after searching my soul and lots of prayer I left the church and organized religion behind. In doing this my relationship with God has only strengthened. My body is the temple in which I worship and God is pure love. As a being of pure love our creator would not condemn us. We condemn ourselves to the lower realms out of fear of not being worthy. Children are without sin and as adults confession is not needed. God knows when we acknowledge our faults and mistakes and he knows how we feel about them. I carry these principles with me everyday. I have left behind the fear religion creates and with that I have been able to learn who God really is. In that learning I have put into practice concepts that God would approve of. Give thanks for the blessings and events in your life both the good and the bad. Do not judge others no matter who they are God loves them as much as he loves me. Do not speak ill of others instead show them love and offer help. Etc.

Namaste`
Old 06-07-2018, 12:33 AM
Master
So, quite apparently, and not unique here as has occurred prior, there is a theme afoot, regarding what scripture describes involving "antichrists".

Nothing new. 1 John 2:18

Who, despite their claims to the otherwise, never were believers.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 06-07-2018, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
I have always been very close to God even as a small child. All through out my childhood I went to any church I could find that had a bus that picked up people in the neighborhoods I lived in. As I got older a lot of things within all churches I had attended did not make sense. When I was a teenager I became aware of certain things and when I became an adult I was able to confirm a lot of it.

The bible was put together by a council of men. The majority of biblical texts where left out and sealed away. Somethings were added to the text and other things where omitted. It depended on the desires and beliefs of society at the time.

Christianity was born out of paganism and shares a lot of pagan holidays. Christianity adopted these holidays so more people would come to the church.
For example Jesus was not born in December it was actually in the spring. We observe Christmas in December due to the fact that it coincided with the Romans winter festival.
The reason we have an Easter bunny is due to the rabbit being a symbol of fertility in pagan beliefs etc.

All churches if you pay close enough attention have fallen into Gossip and greed. To say the least.

So after searching my soul and lots of prayer I left the church and organized religion behind. In doing this my relationship with God has only strengthened. My body is the temple in which I worship and God is pure love. As a being of pure love our creator would not condemn us. We condemn ourselves to the lower realms out of fear of not being worthy. Children are without sin and as adults confession is not needed. God knows when we acknowledge our faults and mistakes and he knows how we feel about them. I carry these principles with me everyday. I have left behind the fear religion creates and with that I have been able to learn who God really is. In that learning I have put into practice concepts that God would approve of. Give thanks for the blessings and events in your life both the good and the bad. Do not judge others no matter who they are God loves them as much as he loves me. Do not speak ill of others instead show them love and offer help. Etc.

Namaste`

Lovely post
Old 06-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
There is truth in it, just like there is truth in what you doubt. Just as there is more then one way of seeing truth.

but we have to make sure that what we see as the truth, Jehovah God and Jesus sees the same. we, being imperfect humans, especially if we're in that i want to believe what i want to believe mode. tend to think we're right ,when we're actually wrong. it can cost us our lives ,(Pro. 16:25 There is a way that seem right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death). peace
Old 07-07-2018, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Lovely post

Agree. Compendium also summed up my experience and I don't think I could have put to words what she has.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Master
Compendium:
"The bible was put together by a council of men..."

You know, I've been a member here since 2010, and hearing this misguided errant perspective over and over again, and even before, on other forum.

Probably by the same individuals under different profile names.
It's a tired, errant, and archaic perception and perspective.

Yes "men"... inspired by the Divine Spirit of the Almighty. How do we know?
The accuracy of prophecy, both in the Messianic prophesies, and prophecy involving future events.

Such as we are seeing in today's events, and can be easily seen in what is going to occur.... Earth changes and in humanity, and human events.

So, you could not be more wrong in your street level view and reasoning. You should attain to the satellite view. It's what you need to do.
----------------
sky123:
"Lovely post".

It's balogna.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein