Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-03-2018, 02:37 AM
traceyacey12

How did you experience ascension?

Hi, I'm curious as to how you have experienced ascension - what was it like for you? I'm curious as to how it compares to how I have experienced it?

Old 27-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Lorelyen

Ascension does seem to be another of these New Age labels borrowed from earlier biblical times. A new post from a related topic (read this morning) seems to sum it up well……….
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
There seems to be a lot of wishful thinking around the idea of ascension. Maybe because people think that all their mundane problems will be solved and they won't have to worry about paying the mortgage. I would be surprised if such a mass ascension of humanity happens in our lifetimes - humanity has a lot more evolving to do. This does not negate the possibility of individuals attaining higher states of consciousness.
Peace.
The last sentence in that quote, suggesting that ascension is one slant on spiritual development, is valid. The aims and practice of refinement, attaining which would include “purifying” Self (capital S), casting away illusion and delusion (which is more difficult than many ascenders may think, reading a few posts here on the subject) are self-development.

In this respect, it has not always been an easy path nor pleasant. Refinement takes venturing into one’s darker precincts. Until one is willing to face that, one cannot consider themselves approaching their wholeness or Selfhood. However, the result, whatever I’ve been doing, is that I’m a different being compared with yesterday and a very different one from earlier days when a) I realised there was more to life than the mundane and b) formally took up a spiritual path (i.e. I made a magical declaration). Much of this seems akin to the aims of ascension (except I don't vibrate like ascenders do).

What is it like for me? Wherever possible I drive my own life: pick and choose what of social conditioning I pay lip service to. I seem to have emotional balance - my emotions don't run me, it's the other way around! I accept ownership of my problems. I am mostly at peace (not denying liking a challenge and having goals). What I personally feel about people is a reflection of me. Pain is something I feel by choice only.
Things like that.

Old 27-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Hi, I'm curious as to how you have experienced ascension - what was it like for you? I'm curious as to how it compares to how I have experienced it?

There's so much, I'm sure I'll forget some things. I went through he bulk of it (inter change) last summer.
The veil between the spirit realm/ other dimensions became thinner. I saw strange things in the sky, such as looking up and seeing 2 suns. I had more connection with spirits and other dimensional entities. I found I've always had a connection with higher dimensional entities, I just didn't know it before. I received clear, channeled messages. I heard things that were happening to people I know that would not have been obvious from being an observer, those things have now been confirmed to be true.

Bodily changes... my body felt less dense. I was nauseous for 3 months straight for no reason (the only other time I felt like that was when I was pregnant with my son). At times, my soul felt disconnected from my body.

My senses increased, all of them. I became more sensitive to nature and the beauty of it, would sit and stare at trees for hours. Food tasted better and I wanted to eat more. I developed ringing in the ears that was nearly constant.
My sense of time became all discombobulated. I would feel like it had been a few minutes and look up and hours had gone by. I started seeing repeated number patterns. It started with 11:11 and 33, 44, 55 in that order. Multiple times per day. I still see numbers, they change depending on what is going on. The last week I have been seeing 12:12 everyday.

I learned a lot and things that were going on in the world were shown to me that I wasn't aware of before. The bad and the good. I became more authentic. Messages would come to me through people. I would get a download in the car on the way to work, go into work and some random person would come up to me and say the same thing that I just thought in the car. Synchronicity became normal. I had dreams that came true.

This all happened after a period of doing inter work on myself. I started eating better, I lost weight. I quit watching tv. I went back to school and finished my degree. I started working our regularly and doing yoga. I started meditating. Some of this stuff I never had an interest in before and never thought that I would do.
Not sure if that answers your question but that is how I experienced it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 27-03-2018, 10:32 PM
Guide
Quote:

Hi tracyacey12,

For me ascension was waking up to who I am, where I became so very consciously aware. Not just of myself, but everything around me. I therefore feel totally connected with the Universe rather than seeing myself as a separate, isolated 'Being'.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 28-03-2018, 01:24 AM
traceyacey12

thanks for the responses :)
Old 28-03-2018, 02:04 AM
Master
Quote:

You forgot to mention how you experienced it.

as for how I experienced it and what it was like for me, very painfully and a lot of learning new things. a bit like going to a new school where you dont know anything and you have nobody who relates to you. but then you find a group of people to hang out with, and then you get better at your studies, then you are a senior and everything is amazing, but then you graduate and you find it's a long long grind until you reach that "everything is amazing" stage again.
Old 28-03-2018, 02:16 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
a bit like going to a new school where you dont know anything and you have nobody who relates to you.

I'm not quite out of it yet. But I can very much relate to this part. As for the rest, I hope I can reach that stage where I am able to connect with people again and find bliss. I've had ascension "depression" happen to me twice (late 2012-january2015 and again from October2017 up until a week or so ago) and during these times, I found myself unable to do the things I used to be able to do that I used to base my self-esteem on (reading, studies etc... I'm a very studious person and base my all of my self-esteem on that, or used to anyway). The first time, I walked out of the experience appreciating my "intelligence" more since I missed myself during this period and now I'm walking out completely detached from my identity as this studious person as my experience being a twin flame as completely shaken up my world. I'm currently trying to find a new way of life that fits my realization that society as we live it isn't all-knowing and correct. Hopefully I make sense.
Old 28-03-2018, 08:13 AM
Experiencer
I'll let you know when I get there, but I dare say it won't be in this lifetime. The word 'ascension' to me means there's a ceiling and it ends. I don't see this journey ever ending - not in the human body, anyway.

So far for me, there's been some beautiful moments, but it's not all rainbows and unicorns - far from it. There's more pain than anything else. Self-awareness is no magical ride, IMO. The amount of beliefs and deeply-rooted emotional trauma attached to those beliefs brings shock to me on what seems like a monthly basis. I'm in disbelief how much inner-conflict I contain.

Still, there's beauty in being aware of it and working through it :)
Old 29-03-2018, 12:18 AM
Ascender

Quote:
I'm not quite out of it yet. But I can very much relate to this part. As for the rest, I hope I can reach that stage where I am able to connect with people again and find bliss. I've had ascension "depression" happen to me twice (late 2012-january2015 and again from October2017 up until a week or so ago) and during these times, I found myself unable to do the things I used to be able to do that I used to base my self-esteem on (reading, studies etc... I'm a very studious person and base my all of my self-esteem on that, or used to anyway). The first time, I walked out of the experience appreciating my "intelligence" more since I missed myself during this period and now I'm walking out completely detached from my identity as this studious person as my experience being a twin flame as completely shaken up my world. I'm currently trying to find a new way of life that fits my realization that society as we live it isn't all-knowing and correct. Hopefully I make sense.

I forgot to tell you, after experiencing those Ascension symptoms, I went through a dark night of the soul that has lasted over a year. I'm not sure I'm completely out of it yet, but I feel a little better. During this time I was hit from every angle that life can hit you from. I did not go through not having interest in anything, I had plenty of interests that are growing all the time. I just had multiple things go wrong which continuously got worse. It's not all fixed yet.

I also went through a long period, where it seemed like I had no tribe, except a few random friends that didn't live near me. I very much felt like I was estranged from most people, however I feel like now I may have begun to find my tribe.

I'm still very much in a transition stage, and it's not easy. But I'm getting closer to seeing the end of the stage (I hope).
Old 29-03-2018, 05:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
I'll let you know when I get there, but I dare say it won't be in this lifetime. The word 'ascension' to me means there's a ceiling and it ends. I don't see this journey ever ending - not in the human body, anyway.

So far for me, there's been some beautiful moments, but it's not all rainbows and unicorns - far from it. There's more pain than anything else. Self-awareness is no magical ride, IMO. The amount of beliefs and deeply-rooted emotional trauma attached to those beliefs brings shock to me on what seems like a monthly basis. I'm in disbelief how much inner-conflict I contain.

Still, there's beauty in being aware of it and working through it :)
the idea of "not in this lifetime" doesn't fit with the concept of having
an unending journey of life experiences [not to my thinking anyways].
it may be that you've adopted the delaying idea in error... it doesn't serve you.
many of those 'internal conflicts' you've discovered might also belong to
someone else. just a thought.