Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 26-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Ravenspirit

Not all spirits feed off dark energy. Joy is just as nourishing. Be careful. There are spirits that will show you amazing things, string you along, help you for a long while, only to let you down when they are done with you. Read that book by Joe Fisher. That's exactly what they were doing to him, for years and even when he discovered they had lied they continued to try to fool him. He thought great things were happening too but in the end he ended up very disillusioned by the whole experience.
Old 26-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Master

I understand it like this, sometimes mediums can be wrong because they let their ego get in the way ( I have also checked this with my guides). I think it is best to go to a medium or healer who has worked on themselves spiritually or has had a spiritual awakening. This way they are linked to a higher source or higher truth. They would also be less likely decieved by trickster spirits. As for myself I was not born with any abilities but became a medium after a major emotional crisis and spiritual awakening. I had to find my own inner truth after not trusting myself and also being decieved by what others told me. Its funny but now I have come to the point where I only trust myself and not what others tell me (including mediums, psychics). As of now my intuition is very strong. I would think I would be able to tell if I ever did attract a trickster spirit. I should hope so. I know that every spirit and guide I come across have a special feel or energy signature. I can sense their soul level. I can also sense emotions and dont think a trickster spirit can duplicate love? I also work with vibrations and if I have for example a deceased ones photo their energy will vibrate with it. If they are not the person in the photo, they will not vibrate with it. Same goes for someones name. Names have vibrations as well.
Old 26-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
Not all spirits feed off dark energy. Joy is just as nourishing. Be careful. There are spirits that will show you amazing things, string you along, help you for a long while, only to let you down when they are done with you. Read that book by Joe Fisher. That's exactly what they were doing to him, for years and even when he discovered they had lied they continued to try to fool him. He thought great things were happening too but in the end he ended up very disillusioned by the whole experience.

So, again, the question remains: how do you tell the difference? That has yet to be explained to me.

Perhaps the biggest gift that this Spirit has given me has been the ability to be self-sufficient on my own, to be able to stand on my own two feet even as She continues to send wonderful things my way. On that basis not sure how it would be possible to be "let down" by such an entity...
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 26-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Experiencer
Hi John Elessar,

Here is my take on it. I don't think you can know the difference until you challenge the spirit, and I don't mean by just asking random questions. A spirit of darkness cannot stay when you challenge it by the name of a Divine entity of your choice. Or you can be pro-active, and protect yourself in the Divine Light before you start any kind of spiritual communication.

Boson
Old 27-06-2015, 12:24 AM
spiritual wanderer

Thanks for sharing the links Ravenspirit.
Old 27-06-2015, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

It is true that most of us have attachments to beliefs which have indeed allowed our soul to blossom. However to move forward, if that is your intent, it becomes necessary to expand beliefs and in some cases find more evolved understandings about something.

You are free to deny or reject any recommendation. If something does not feel right for you chances are it is not in that moment. Your personal inclinations represent where you are and how you wish to proceed with your life.

John

This is good advice from John. Exactly what I intuit about my own progression too.
Old 27-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Master
I briefly looked into it as I didn't want to give you bad advice and am getting the same as the Clairvoyant, there is something which has been an important instrument to you in developing your consciousness (I'm actually getting its something concerning 'Communication') but that now when it's time to advance further and develop new tools that this tool is being clung to and slowing down your acceleration when exploring more would be useful. So what was once highly useful is now a bit outdated.
I'm being told if you will pursue other ways, other methods your growth will pick up pace again and 'transformation and trusting the psychic gifts' will come.

Now this is an interesting bit, but it seems there were misleading energies in the are where the clairvoyant was, but I'm not getting that they particularly influenced the clairvoyant. It could be they rode in on people who came to see the clairvoyant, that's not uncommon, we often pick up attachments just as we get various parasites from food we eat.
Old 28-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Suspended

Quote:
If this is true, then who or what in the upper realms could you ever possibly trust? Then nothing that comes from there could ever be considered 100% trustworthy and airtight. If so, then there is nothing, be it in life or beyond it, that can be considered legitimate and dependable in this way. I refuse to believe that we live in such a capricious universe

John, you must have missed the word 'Astral' in the quote in my post.
The astral realms are NOT the 'upper realms' as you seem to imply. Not that Spiritual Beings and Master's don't operate on these levels, but usually ppl who make contact with the entities there are rarely communicating with Higher Beings IMO.. lt's well known that even advanced occultists and yogi's etc.. get trapped in those regions without the help of a Genuine Teacher. These astral and mental regions are sometimes called the 'lntermediate Zone' by Spiritual Master's.

Quote:
So, again, the question remains: how do you tell the difference? That has yet to be explained to me

This was also answered in the same quote. You will FEEL that something isn't right:

Quote:
but truly sincere people are not deceived, they immediately feel something that warns them
Old 28-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Suspended

Here is a more complete explanation:

Quote:
To begin with, I said that the astral is peopled by small entities, small formations, the remnants of
human beings who have died. But there is a whole astral world which has nothing to do with that one, a
world peopled by beings of the astral proper, beings of great power and even great beauty. Most people
who dabble in occultism without having a deep enough spiritual life are immediately deluded by them
– some even take them as the supreme God and worship them. That's generally how religions are
created. They are a great success. They are the supreme God of many a religion – they are beings of the
astral world, and can assume an appearance of overwhelming beauty. They are the biggest impostors in
the world, and dangerous at that; it takes the spiritual instinct, the instinct of true spiritual purity, not to
be deceived by them.
Many religions and sects are founded on revelations and miracles, and every bit of it comes from
astral beings.
It's one of the greatest problems in human life; I don't mean spiritual life, but the life of people who
deal with the beyond.
There are skies (not heavens) in the astral world that are truly paradises. Naturally the real divine
element is lacking, but only spiritual purity and the true spiritual sense can show you the difference. All
who remain within the astral or mental worlds are completely deluded. They see marvelous things,
miracles in profusion (that's where you find the most miracles!).
By neglecting to explain this aspect [in this Talk], I passed over a large part of the topic in silence. I
usually don't speak of those things, or else mention them only in passing – it terrifies people and they
immediately start wondering, "Oh, is it really a god? Is it this... is it that? Could it be a devil in
disguise?" They panic.
Only it's perfectly true that to deal with those realms one must either be fully protected by a guru, a
real guru, a man with knowledge, or else have purity (not saintliness), an unmixed emotional and mental
purity. Very, very often, bhaktas [devotees] of Sri Aurobindo or me – when they are sincere, truly
sincere, that is, people of great spiritual purity – have dozens of beings appear to them, saying, "I am
Sri Aurobindo." It happens all the time, with all the right external appearances – it's very easy for such
beings to put on a disguise. It takes the inner psychic (soul) purity not to be deceived – you invariably FEEL
something that makes it impossible for you to be duped. But otherwise, many, many people are taken
in.
I don't like to talk about this because people here have no discrimination; they would be left with
nothing but fear and would no longer believe in anything, forever asking me, "Oh, isn't this a trick?"...
Which paralyzes everything. That's why I didn't speak about that in this Talk.

Question: You do say a couple of words about it.

It should at least be mentioned that some beings in the astral world can take on completely deceptive
appearances at will – all the most dazzling lights are found in the astral, but with a particular quality. So
those who have truly approached THE Light can't be deceived. Because... it's indefinable, something
the spiritual sense alone can feel: perfect security, perfect peace, perfect purity (although I hesitate to
use the word "purity," which has taken on such an idiotic meaning); what I mean is the absence of all
admixture.
To those with the spiritual sense, the most dazzling astral lights always seem to have something
artificial about them – they FEEL artificial and cold, hard, aggressive, deceptive. But that's the point:
you yourself must be beyond all this. Not to be fooled, you mustn't fool yourself!
Actually, that's the main reason I don't like to talk about occultism. It puts people in touch with an
extremely dangerous world which can't be safely entered unless one is (I can't even say a saint, because
it's not true; some saints enter the astral world and get right into it!)... unless one is transformed, unless
one has the true spiritual consciousness. On this condition alone are you perfectly safe. So where are
the people with the spiritual consciousness? There are really very few of them, very few. And above
all, in those who have this occult curiosity there are also all sorts of emotional movements, which make it
dangerous for them to enter that world. Unless, of course, they go shielded by the guru's presence; with
that, you can go anywhere, it's the same as going there with him. And if you do go with him, all is well;
he has the knowledge and he protects you. But going there all on your own is... you need the Divine
Protection itself! Or the protection of the guru who represents the Divine. With the guru's protection
you are safe.

Question: But isn't it possible to have a fruitful collaboration with those beings? Should they be avoided
altogether, or what?

Collaboration? Not with them as they are, and not in the world as it is – no.
I have told you about my dealings with the Lord of Nations on several occasions – it's that kind of
thing. It can hardly be called collaboration!
The great ones know (I am not speaking of the multitude of minor beings, but the others; there are
millions of emanations – emanations by the truckload! – but only a few great ones), they know enough
to be aware of their own position in the universe and that they will come to an end. They know there is
such a thing as the Supreme (although they deny it), and that they are cut off from the Supreme, and
that they will come to an end. But they have taken a stand against the Work, the Action, the Progress,
and are intent on destroying as much as they can.
Some of them get converted. Their conversion means a great entity joining the divine Work – but
that seldom happens.

Question: Yes, but what about the minor gods? You often speak of a "little Kali" or a "little Durga"; are these
beings beneficent?

Ah, they aren't from the astral at all! Not at all! They are manifestations of Overmind beings, projected
into the astral world for a specific action. But they aren't astral beings: they have an Origin, they are still
linked to a being from another world. Oh, no, not at all!
The same goes for all those beings the Tantrics deal with – their origin is not astral, they belong to
Nature. They are personified natural forces obedient to the laws of Nature. In other words, they
originate from below, not from the astral but the physical world. They are astral forces in the physical,
but not of astral origin.
The other day, didn't I tell you the story of those entities working for me?... (I'd had a
vision.) In fact, I very often see entities like Nature spirits when I enter the subtle physical and work
there (usually for people here and the Ashram, and for the world at large), I very, very often have them
with me, or else I meet them in the course of my work. They are forces, generally feminine in
appearance, that do some work and have a great deal of power. They are usually the ones that respond
to Tantric invocations (I don't mean the Tantrics who call on Kali or Durga, that's something else
altogether, those belong to a totally different world). Most of the time these Nature forces are very
willing to help – at any rate, they are wonderfully obliging with me! But they are limited beings, with
their own ideas and laws, their own volition, and when vexed they can do unpleasant things. Yet they
are not hostile beings, nor are they astral beings: they are personified forces of physical Nature, in the
subtle physical.
A world of things could be said....
(silence)
I tell you, only those with a great devotion and a great love are not deceived – a great devotion gives you an immediate sense of things; when your devotion goes like this (shrinking
gesture), you know what it means. But your devotion must be sincere and very strong; it's the only protection.

Even when I was practicing occultism in the most material world, I looked on it from above; there was this sort of inner light, this Presence –
I was born with it, so naturally I had no problems.
That teaching should really be given under the seal of secrecy, and given along with the necessary
power and discrimination for going through the experiences without danger. And that means the guru's
constant personal care and attention.
Certain stages of your development even require the guru's physical presence: you must no longer
go into trance unless he is there, sitting beside you. Out of the question!..
Old 28-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
To me, the only entity you should listen to is your Higher Self.

Be cautious of deceiving spirits posing as your Higher Self too..