Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 16-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Ascender

the pilgrimage of the diverse

Three travellers,-Self Indulgence, Fervent Faith, and Absolute Reason, found themselves walking the same path.

"How can this be ?" said Self Indulgence--after they had each introduced themselves--"We are so very different. Look at me for example, I have no reason but desire. If this were otherwise I fear that I should lose the power which drives me."

"And I", said Fervent Faith, "I have no desire to reason. If this were otherwise I also fear that I would lose the power which drives me."

"As for me", said Absolute Reason, "It is evident that I have no desire but reason. If this were otherwise I too fear that I would lose the power which drives me."

The three walked quietly on together, each pondering. Sometime later they came to a bend in the path and into view came a sign fixed to a post by the edge of the path. When the three came close enough to examine the sign they could see that had been there for a long time, the paint was faded yet the words still legible.

The sign read:-

"This is the path of the fear of losing the power which drives you."

The three stood for a little while in interested thought with a few Hm, hm s, and So, so s, and Ok, ok s. --and then moved on.

Toward evening the path entered the shelter of light woodland, and they became aware of people talking singing laughing somewhere close by. Suddenly the path opened into a clearing where fires were burning, people gathered, people cooking, eating, some appeared to be sleeping.

One nearest to the new arrivals turned in greeting.

"Welcome, we are many."

petex
Old 09-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Ascender

Continued:-

It was some time later that the dividers first appeared.

No one saw them come into the gathering by the way of the way.

Some say they came from cracks in the ground, others say they are the embodiment of suppressed resentment in the mind.

At first they appeared harmless enough, talking avidly with those of their own inclination. Then, bit by bit, the atmosphere began to change.

" Why did these get that? Why did we not get those before they had taken the best? They don't clean up as we do. We want our own area, and those not of our kind must leave or else! "

Those of us still following the way of the way noticed that the spokespersons were always the dividers, speaking, they said, for their kind.

They began to organise attacks upon others not of their inclinations, appointing their favourites as "protectors" and granting them power to wield.

People began to believe that this was all natural, the only way it could be, the way it should be.

The number of us still holding on to the way of the way are dwindling.

We need help.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:19 PM
janielee

petex.....
Old 10-03-2019, 10:39 PM
janielee

What do you mean by help, and how might others do so, in your mind?
Old 11-03-2019, 03:45 PM
Ascender

Hello janielee.
I am plodding here.

The narrator in the story is aware that the ethos of the gathering has changed from being mutually respectful, mutually supportive and tolerant of diversity to becoming one of division, resentment and suspicion, and understands that this has happened because there are those present in the gathering who are actively working for this to be the case.
I think the narrator in the story will be looking for help of a nature which is able to convey that understanding to those who may not have had the opportunity or inclination to question either personal motivation/s for behaviour or the possible motivation/s of others.--In the hope that having such understanding will be considered to be of value when needing to make decisions concerning present and future association.
Logically speaking the narrator in the story would not, I think, be seeking help of a nature which is a contradiction to the initial ethos of the gathering.
Pilgrimage is seen in the story as the common cause, to which diversity of reason for doing so are of a personal relevance, but a relevance which surprises our pilgrims because though possibly centre stage in their individual minds, that relevance does not seem to diminish the value of the process of such shared pilgrimage. This realisation is carried over into the gathering--which is another shared process--which the introduction of purposeful, possibly crooked, and certainly diverting finger pointing in order to create divisions to then exploit seeks to destroy. --Unless the methodology and motivation of such finger pointing becomes more commonly understood.

pete
Old 12-03-2019, 05:04 AM
janielee

...Something to reflect on.

_/\_
Old 17-03-2019, 11:26 AM
Ascender

continued:-

Then came the day--the evening-- on which the puppet people arrived.

They came into the clearing from the path. Brightly clothed and tall-as if walking on stilts attached somehow to their legs under their cloaks, attached so that their hands remained free. What was most striking though were the puppet heads which each of them wore, completely covering their own heads. Half of them wore heads which were cube like, and half wore heads which were round. They had apertures for eyes, breathing, hearing and speaking--though they spoke not a word--as far as we who watched could tell.

On the morning after their arrival we awoke to see them standing together in a group in the sunrise in the clearing around the watering hole---which we all needed to use, so we reasoned that this spot was chosen with intent.--and so it proved.

Two of their number had drums suspended by straps around their necks in the manner of a marching band.

Suddenly there was a drum roll, and then another, beating out a slow rhythm. The whole group began to move in time with the rhythm, passing in between each other, around each other, forming lines, back forward, circling. The performance was both mesmerising and peaceful to behold.

Suddenly the drumming stopped. They stood frozen, in silence.

Then the drummers began beating rapidly on the sides of their drums with their drumsticks in a disturbing and agitated cacophony. Suddenly a '' square head'' spun round and waved a finger in the face of the ''round head'' standing behind. then elsewhere in the group a ''round head'' raised a fist to a 'square head''. The drummers stopped beating, and the group began to split up into two opposing lines, one of ''square heads'' and the other of ''round heads''.

The slow drumming began again, the two lines moved toward one another, and as they did so the tempo of the drumming increased. They came closer and closer, until at a point when they were almost on top of each other, the drumming stopped abruptly.

What happened next shook all who had by now gathered to our core--for each of the performing group shrieked with a concentrated anger which is impossible to adequately describe. As they shrieked they also fell to the ground in a variety of positions as if having been struck suddenly dead.--And there they stayed motionless.

We who were watching slowly began to move away, wondering at the spectacle and its purpose. As we did so, the ''dead'' got up and took up te same positions as we had seen them in at sunrise.

To our amazement, they began the whole performance again--and when that ended, they then did exactly the same once more.

After this last performance however, they did not reform as if for another performance, but instead walked in single file through we who were spectating and continued onward, eventually gone from view.

In the following days there came a different feeeling in the air to that of disharmony to which we had begun to become accustomed. It was as if the memories of how we had been were carried back to us on a breeze--A breeze of understanding some said. We began to talk and share as before, and others said this was because we had found again our innocence, yet this time through understanding, and with this understanding we tasted the true freedom which comes from being able to understand ourselves sufficiently to avoid being taken in, exploited, manipulated. Now we live in a manner of our own choosing, free to cope with the many difficulties which we know we shall face with chosen co-operation and compassion--no longer trapped or tricked into a world of deceit and artifice.

The dividers have gone, perhaps they were never here, perhaps they were, perhaps there is now nothing for them to hook into, so they have fallen away. Perhaps they have also changed and now find what they are looking for by being amongst us. Who knows.

So long. Good wishes.