Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 06-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Knower

exercises for the stomach

Hi

Any good exercises for the stomach to remove fat?
Old 09-08-2017, 07:47 AM
Newbie ;)

To lose belly fat, you need to do cardio exercise that burns calories so you use stored fat.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:06 PM
Master

We don't really lose localised fat, but a lot of unscrupulous fitness people sell false promises. It's better to think about reducing body fat percentage, because that could be a realistic goal.

I always say that the best type exercise is the kind of exercise you'll stick to. People will say 'this cardio routine buts calories' but if you hate doing it, it ain't gunna last.

Think about the kind of exercise like to do, and do some research fat loss, exercise and diet. You'll find a way you like and it'll work for you.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Planks and plain regular sit ups. Push up's work well too, lots of tightening. The more you use your own body weight the better.... I find those ab machines silly at the gym, almost as silly as I find barbells and weights

Drink tons of water to see best results ( stay away from carbonated beverages) and of course, mind your diet, whatever that is for you.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Planks and plain regular sit ups. Push up's work well too, lots of tightening. The more you use your own body weight the better.... I find those ab machines silly at the gym, almost as silly as I find barbells and weights

Drink tons of water to see best results ( stay away from carbonated beverages) and of course, mind your diet, whatever that is for you.

My abs say different!
Old 09-08-2017, 10:50 PM
Master
there's nothing silly about lifting weights. you increase your strength, you gain muscle - which helps you burn more fat - and it's the only way to change the composition of your overall body. it increases your metabolism. etc. there are TONS of reasons to lift weights. lifting kicks cardio's ***.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
My abs say different!

Likewise. I find weight training, lots of cardio, body weight exercise, along with stretching to provide a well balanced workout. Weight training and stretching helps my body to stay strong and avoid injury while doing cardio for an extreme length of time.

I also agree on doing workouts you enjoy as you'll begin to look forward to it and avoid burnouts. Once you get tired of doing something you can research and switch to something else. Constantly changing your workouts. Also creating goals and trying to outdo yourself every week can help you stay motivated.

As for abs exercise. I recommend focusing on each part of the abs individually. Lower abs, obliques, then upper abs, doing the exercise slow to feel that burn. That along with lots of cardio work.

Dancing, running, shadowboxing, high kicks, hiking, swimming, jump rope, are fun ways to keep your body nice and tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
lifting kicks cardio's ***.

More like they compliment each other.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:19 AM
Deactivated Account

Well, yes, everyone lift weights in this era. That was my failed attempt to poke humor at Gem

Everyone is different and everyone has different body types. I do have a preference and a particular way I like my work outs/body and this includes strength training and using my own body including; Yoga ( ashtanga yoga, Pilates) and yes, I do weight training but I keep it at a minimum,more for maintaining the muscle ( plus you want to incorporate both lifting and cardio) but by all means, give me the wimpy weights, Ill take them. :P I am a seasoned marathon runner, I have a preference for lean muscle as well as using my own body mass/ to lift my own body. It just works better for me and have kept this same pattern for over 15-20 years now. I am not a yoyo dieter or into work out 'fads'. I am consistent and it works. Consistency being the operative word here.

Again, want flat abs? Do it the old fashion way. Pick yourself up and do the work.. lmbo.. All the other stuff falls into place depending on your own individual goals and agenda. If your new in the game, than you may want to get a trainer to help you plan out a goal

♥'s running
Old 10-08-2017, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Likewise. I find weight training, lots of cardio, body weight exercise, along with stretching to provide a well balanced workout. Weight training and stretching helps my body to stay strong and avoid injury while doing cardio for an extreme length of time.

I also agree on doing workouts you enjoy as you'll begin to look forward to it and avoid burnouts. Once you get tired of doing something you can research and switch to something else. Constantly changing your workouts. Also creating goals and trying to outdo yourself every week can help you stay motivated.

As for abs exercise. I recommend focusing on each part of the abs individually. Lower abs, obliques, then upper abs, doing the exercise slow to feel that burn. That along with lots of cardio work.

Dancing, running, shadowboxing, high kicks, hiking, swimming, jump rope, are fun ways to keep your body nice and tone.

More like they compliment each other.

Yea, I do a lot of mobility drills, and other compound movements like pull ups, pushups etc, and I do a bit of cardio, I like the rowing machine most, but some spot running, jumping jacks, knees ups etc get the heart going as well - and then I lift heavy weights, squat, deadlift, bench, overhead press - which is my main thang. I work on my limitations by doing accessory exercises like a lot of rows, mainly.

At the moment, I've stopped lifting heavy and dropped to 50% of my capacity to work on form and technique, so I do a lot more volume and hypertrophy, and will stick to that for the next couple of months. In the meantime I'll read up on programming, and implement an undulating approach to replace the linear overload approach I've been using the last 5 months.

It's a good idea to switch things up a bit, keep it feeling fresh...
Old 10-08-2017, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Well, yes, everyone lift weights in this era. That was my failed attempt to poke humor at Gem

Oh I was amused. But... I just wanted to mention my abs .

Quote:
Everyone is different and everyone has different body types. I do have a preference and a particular way I like my work outs/body and this includes strength training and using my own body including; Yoga ( ashtanga yoga, Pilates) and yes, I do weight training but I keep it at a minimum,more for maintaining the muscle ( plus you want to incorporate both lifting and cardio) but by all means, give me the wimpy weights, Ill take them. :P I am a seasoned marathon runner, I have a preference for lean muscle as well as using my own body mass/ to lift my own body. It just works better for me and have kept this same pattern for over 15-20 years now. I am not a yoyo dieter or into work out 'fads'. I am consistent and it works. Consistency being the operative word here.

Again, want flat abs? Do it the old fashion way. Pick yourself up and do the work.. lmbo.. All the other stuff falls into place depending on your own individual goals and agenda. If your new in the game, than you may want to get a trainer to help you plan out a goal

♥'s running